SSSSOO... Just re-watching Fist Of The North Star Anime...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What i have found as well.. is the obvious use of old frames in some episodes so far...

Not that I'm not enjoying the show again... BUT...

1. Fast forward 2min 30 seconds for intro...
2. Skip 5-10 minutes per episode for useless chatter...
3. 5-10 minutes for innocent victim death...

...this leaves me about 5-10 minutes of Ken doing his medieval killing thing...

xROTx

Also, I forgot which episodes in the show were they recap everything that happened for like 70 episodes lol. I was thinking there was something wrong with the DVD Collection I purchased. I swear, they put so much detail into that show. Every New Character that pops up needs like a whole episode to explain who they are, where they come from, who was their rival, who they love, are they gay or bi, which star they come from, are they badass enough, what is their favorite fruit, how many birds did they kill, do they like children, do they have some disease. It really is the best Anime Show I have ever seen.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Also, I forgot which episodes in the show were they recap everything that happened for like 70 episodes lol. I was thinking there was something wrong with the DVD Collection I purchased. I swear, they put so much detail into that show. Every New Character that pops up needs like a whole episode to explain who they are, where they come from, who was their rival, who they love, are they gay or bi, which star they come from, are they badass enough, what is their favorite fruit, how many birds did they kill, do they like children, do they have some disease. It really is the best Anime Show I have ever seen.

Best Anime ever my friend not too fond of them remaking it constantly. Thinking about getting that bluray
collection.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Best Anime ever my friend not too fond of them remaking it constantly. Thinking about getting that bluray
collection.

I Purchased the Bluray in November. It doesn't offer anything special over the DVD's but it beats having to fumble around through all those Discs. Your probably not going to notice a difference in video quality either but it's still worth it.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
another thing to mention is how much dark humor is riddled in the anime. Kenshiro, for all his one note-ness as a character, can be really REALLY sarcastic to the bad guys (which is utterly hilarious).

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
This is exactly how Jesus looks like 2000+ years ago............
maxresdefault.jpg

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What you guys think of HNK2? I never saw it, always thought it seemed kinda lame.

edit: Rei's introduction is legendary

edit2: liquid snake you noob, everyone knows who jesus is...
532.jpg

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's pretty wild how FOTNS has managed to stay in the public consciousness though, innit? There was that Fist of the Blue Sky in the 00s, New FOTNS OVAs in 2003/04, the fighting game in 2005 (PS2 release in 07), the Ken's Rage games, and a whole slew of pachislot games in Japan.

That is some strong staying power for a show that ended 30 years ago!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's pretty wild how FOTNS has managed to stay in the public consciousness though, innit? There was that Fist of the Blue Sky in the 00s, New FOTNS OVAs in 2003/04, the fighting game in 2005 (PS2 release in 07), the Ken's Rage games, and a whole slew of pachislot games in Japan.

Yea, pretty damn successful for sure and a New FOTNS game is suppose to be coming out. Only FOTNS game I love is the Atomiswave Fighting Game. The other games I don't know much about but the original show is one of Japan's best and the movies are solid. I wonder how successful the show would have been if it also aired in the States during that time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

they kept on freshening it up one way or another for a new audience. same thing with ghost in the shell and dragon ball.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yea, pretty damn successful for sure and a New FOTNS game is suppose to be coming out. Only FOTNS game I love is the Atomiswave Fighting Game. The other games I don't know much about but the original show is one of Japan's best and the movies are solid. I wonder how successful the show would have been if it also aired in the States during that time.

The new one is being done like a Yakuza game, with the Yakuza team at the helm.