Over Top Auto Mechanic
Finally had a chance to put my board into an empty ST-V cartridge:

20140919_163304.jpg

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Finally had a chance to put my board into an empty ST-V cartridge:

View attachment 18827

Very cool. I see you have the remote dip connected, but if it weren't how accessible would the dips be with the cart shell on? I'd like to do something similar with mine, but I won't be wiring the remote dips. I guess worst case scenario I can just wire the dip-block and attach something just outside the shell :)

Looks awesome.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Very cool. I see you have the remote dip connected, but if it weren't how accessible would the dips be with the cart shell on? I'd like to do something similar with mine, but I won't be wiring the remote dips. I guess worst case scenario I can just wire the dip-block and attach something just outside the shell :)

The problem is that if you're just using the jumpers, they stick up only 1mm above the shell cart and are really difficult to pull out when there are a bunch of them. They're also really easy to drop them into the cart if you don't have a good grip on them.

Looks awesome.

Thanks. ^_^

In retrospect, I could've done my grinding in more of a rectangular shape with straight lines instead of curves (it was hard to judge just how much had to be grinded away), but it gets the job done all the same.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Looks pretty good!

You guys should look at the thread on AO. There is a guy there that did an AWESOME job making his cart. No cutting necessary. He isn't using the remote pcb but you could get some ideas from there. I think there are some labels over there also.

Check here:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewto...id=79ac6854561a64808a88027b164a8b51&start=380

The guy over there is FrancoB, who did a lot of wiring work for the peeps over here. Got-damn, Franco does nice work. If he were interested in selling these ready-to-go, I'd buy one of the shells in a second. That's about perfect.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Got my board last Friday, this thing looks fantastic!!!
Will be a few weeks till I'll be able to try it out, since I had to go on a trip just today... ahrg, waiting is the hardest part!

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I was trying to make a printer friendly rtf version of the game list. Trying to attach it here since I found myself hassling with it for like 20 minutes so I guess I might save someone else the trouble.

notes:

-Should print out to a single A4 paperslip♥
-smaller font
-cut some less necessary lines of text and empty lines from top
-cut away romset names (I couldn´t think of a use for them right now)
-Protected games are listed in italic
-game names and dipswitch settings are connected by -----
-should be compatible with almost any text editing software... but why not use openoffice.org writer... it was free last I checked.

Attachments

• stvlist.rtf
    15.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Nice!

I had actually edited the original game list that Darksoft included on the MicroSD card so that it fit on one page if opened with notepad (which everyone has already). The included list also had the incorrect jumper settings. I sent a printed copy to everyone I mailed a cart to but I will attach it here also. It still has all of the romset names and version info on it if you would rather have it.

If you have a cart I would recommend deleting the game list in the root of your microsd card and replacing it with this one. Shit, throw Mendel's up there too! :)

View attachment STVCompList-Rev-open with notepad.txt

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
The problem I had with that text version was that it doesnt fit on one page as it is too wide: (the text "(protected)" always goes to next line for example) and therefore it prints the last 8 games on second page. It doesnt seem to be so when I open it with notepad and just look at it. But if I print it (still from notepad), then the problem manifests itself.

Might be depending on printer settings however. Do not know and do not really care. I just did my version to work around my personal problem :D And if anyone else happens to have same kind of problem... the other file is there to try out :)

Last edited:

Dion

The problem I had with that text version was that it doesnt fit on one page as it is too wide: (the text "(protected)" always goes to next line for example) and therefore it prints the last 8 games on second page. It doesnt seem to be so when I open it with notepad and just look at it. But if I print it (still from notepad), then the problem manifests itself.

Might be depending on printer settings however. Do not know and do not really care. I just did my version to work around my personal problem :D And if anyone else happens to have same kind of problem... the other file is there to try out :)

Yep. The file I attached above will print on one page if printed out of Notepad. The original file was too wide and printed on two pages. I changed it enough for one-page printing. Yours will work nicely as well. :)

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
@ggallegos, after the PayPal meltdown, we haven't reached the number of units that we got before that, so there are some units left. Drop me a PM and I'll tell you how to get yours....when you still can.

Hi, I'm in the same situation, is there any gap to fill?

darksoft

DO NOT ASK ROT, FOR ACCOUNT DELETION, WHEN HE'S ON
Yes, I still have some units left, please PM me or see my blog for contact information. Come on guys. I need to sell them all!!

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
Have a shiny new ST-V multi cart and want something fun to play?

Guardian Force (16) is the shooting game of the month on this very forum. Play it, have fun, post a score! This game is super cool.

darksoft

Very good idea!

Come on guys play the game and show what you have.

Cheers.

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
FINALLY i've got mine !!!

I will go test the games right now.

PS: ignore the Darksoft note on the right side, lol it's a joke :)

Thanks buddy,

[]'Macck

Dion

Thanks buddy,

[]'Macck

Of course it's broken! It's missing a jumper! LOL.

darksoft

I will go test the games right now.

Thanks buddy,

[]'Macck

That was to help you in case of any problems with customs.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Finally got some time to play around with the ST-V cart and... all I can say is that it's fantastic!
Worked flawlessly with all the games I tried (left the protected ones), awesome purchase to finally get to play a few titles I never managed to get a hold of.

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi folks,

any chance to someone make a ST-V multi-cart sticker and insert to use in the shockbox and in the cart itself?

Thanks in advanced

[]'Macck