Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
The trailer was released today. What do you guys think of it?

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Pumped. I love VII. VIII was prequel bad. IX is redemption? That set in the final shot looks crazy.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Lando looks old but this looks good.

Also there is this:

Spoiler:
At the (Star Wars Celebration in Chicago) panel, director JJ Abrams said Episode 9 doesn't continue immediately after the events of The Last Jedi. He described it as "an adventure that the group goes on together."

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm just going to come right out and say it...I'm a man child when it comes to SW.

Episode VIII was a giant fuck-you to SW fans from that faggot Rian Johnson. When he and that cunt Kathleen Kennedy doubled down insulting any life long SW fans that criticized that pile of shit...I made my decision, fuck Disney, fuck any new SW films moving forward, they're not getting a dime from me.

Do I think they'll notice or care? Nope...but I will.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm just going to come right out and say it...I'm a man child when it comes to SW.

Episode VIII was a giant fuck-you to SW fans from that faggot Rian Johnson. When he and that cunt Kathleen Kennedy doubled down insulting any life long SW fans that criticized that pile of shit...I made my decision, fuck Disney, fuck any new SW films moving forward, they're not getting a dime from me.

Do I think they'll notice or care? Nope...but I will.

Yeah, I agree on this and it seems lot of us felt the same about Last Jedi.

For me, the biggest gripe is dumpy constipation girl who tagged along with Finn. Felt shoeholed in to appease the K-kids.

Think she won’t make it to IX? Get real. She owns this series now like Urkle owned Family Matters.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
She reminded me of over-sugared, over-enthusiastic comic con attendees. Worst character since Maz.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
No one cares anymore.
Star wars is dead.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Good trailer. I'll watch it, but I didn't like Last Jedi either. The Force awakens was great though.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I don't care, it is just another by the numbers Disney movie.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Don't give a shit. Never have. Good to hear that this will be the last one for a while. Star Wars is some stale, tired-ass shit.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Would much rather see a new Star Trek movie. Enjoyed the last two Star Trek movies much more.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
The supposed wow amazeballs Rey with lightsaber vs. Kyle in TIE looks very stupid. Palpatine? Good fucking lord.

Who cares though. Everything 'cool' from previous teasers was always from a dream sequence anyway.

7 was bad and only saved from lasting ire by the total trainwreck that was 8.

I have managed to wait everything out until just grabbing it from the Redbox, I can't say this will break that cycle but I will probably see it eventually. I never did see Solo though.

Honestly at this point, the Special Editions are the least bad things to happen to Star Wars in the last 20 years. I guess Phantom Menace does have pod racing which is a decent few minutes of entertainment. I can't think of a redeeming moment from 2 or 3.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I like how the people who are done with Star Wars are first to comment...Welcome back

Probably the first to watch and be the first to bitch about it.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I like how the people who are done with Star Wars are first to comment...Welcome back

Probably the first to watch and be the first to bitch about it.

You take such pleasure in being an unrepentant tool. Good for you.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
VII played it too safe, and the one with Donnie Yen was nothing special. When I found out Snoke was killed I didn't even bother seeing it, which was the first time in my lifetime I didn't catch a SW movie in the theater. Then Solo came out, and I didn't see that either.

This new trailer didn't give me goosebumps, which at least VII's trailer did. It's strange how much we can like something as children and then grow up and feel nothing for it.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I loved Star Wars from childhood until the last couple years. I thought Last Jedi was perfectly fine (minus a couple silly things and middle act that went nowhere), if completely forgettable. But the fan reaction to it kind of turned me off the entire franchise. I don't even feel like watching the new trailer. No interest in helping perpetuate the dumpsterfire whirlwind.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Oh god, all of you just shut the fuck up.

I cried.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Oh god, all of you just shut the fuck up.

I cried.

But why?

edit: to me, whenever I see all these explanations for why things happened the way they did - for example, the cave Luke goes into was a 'Dark side cave' where a Sith lord died before, and Yoda went there because it negated his jedi footprint, shit like that - it just kinda takes away from it all. That people who had nothing to do with the original story then come up and say that so and so is like this because whatever. There is no doubt in my mind that Palpatine would have never showed up in this, except Johnson killed Snoke in the previous movie and so JJ had to think of something. "Well Snoke was just a puppet, Palpatine was the guy puling the strings...as a Force ghost!" or whatever.

These films, to me, just feel like fanfic on the big screen. It's a weird feeling I have. This is Lucas's story, it's been taken away from him, and anything that doesn't involve him is just so...boring and derivative? Does anyone else feel the same? The prequels were shit, sure, but stuff like the EU and now these recent movies cement how I feel.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
But why?

edit: to me, whenever I see all these explanations for why things happened the way they did - for example, the cave Luke goes into was a 'Dark side cave' where a Sith lord died before, and Yoda went there because it negated his jedi footprint, shit like that - it just kinda takes away from it all. That people who had nothing to do with the original story then come up and say that so and so is like this because whatever. There is no doubt in my mind that Palpatine would have never showed up in this, except Johnson killed Snoke in the previous movie and so JJ had to think of something. "Well Snoke was just a puppet, Palpatine was the guy puling the strings...as a Force ghost!" or whatever.

These films, to me, just feel like fanfic on the big screen. It's a weird feeling I have. This is Lucas's story, it's been taken away from him, and anything that doesn't involve him is just so...boring and derivative? Does anyone else feel the same? The prequels were shit, sure, but stuff like the EU and now these recent movies cement how I feel.

We don't even know why Palpatine is in IX. Settle down. When I was younger and something I didn't like was introduced (like the prequels) I would have this feeling that whatever it was had been ruined. Now that I'm older, I just don't care and I ignore what I don't like and focus on what I do like. I loved VII except for Maz and a few stupid things. I hated VIII and just ignore it. Luckily VIII ends at the same place where it begins so it's probably going to be very easy to ignore - IX will act as if VIII barely happened. Just ignore the prequels and the EU if you don't like them. It's Star Wars. It's not a big deal.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm cool I'm cool. My tl;dr is these recent films feel like fanfic, especially with the return of the main antagonist of the prior six films who was supposed to be dead for good.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
It essentially is. I don't think Kasdan had anything to do with VIII.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
So we're getting a new dog shit Samurai Shodown that's a complete insult to the franchise and a new Star Wars that takes another heaping crap on the chest of that series.

2019 sure is awesome.

ku2ksx8mt6sdvyok8fkc.png

Nice art design you cock suckers.