Starbound

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just started this crack fest of a game. Is anyone playing on a server? Would be wicked to have a neo-geo.com server to play on. Is anyone else into this?

For those that haven't seen it yet:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
While parts of it look neat, it kinda gives off the vibe of one of those games that requires 2000 hours pecking at a patch of ground with a shovel in order to actually be able to enjoy the occasional 5 minutes of real game...that true?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
While parts of it look neat, it kinda gives off the vibe of one of those games that requires 2000 hours pecking at a patch of ground with a shovel in order to actually be able to enjoy the occasional 5 minutes of real game...that true?

this.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've been playing the beta and I dig it. I really wish they would make it where I could change the key bindings.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
I guess I've just never understood the appeal of these kinds of games.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
Cool. If I find a good server this week I'll post the details. If you play and know of a good server post it here, or just PM me.

The game is a lot of fun so far (20 hours in). Lots of exploration and digging for ore... and space travel.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I love Minecraft and Terraria, so naturally I was excited when I first heard about this game. I will definitely pick it up at some point down the line. Is the space travel and combat and such really good? (One thing I like better about Terraria than Minecraft is the combat.)

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Yeah, I love this game so far. I've played with a few of my friends and was a VERY early contributor. I'm trying not to over play it but it is pretty addicting. Now that they have a lesser risk of resetting the characters during beta I've spent more time in it.

RBjakeSpecial

20 Year Member
I've now put in 40 hours or so in a pretty small span of time. I've put 40 hours into Terraria as well and enjoy both games. I've also figured out how to run multiplayer pretty smoothly from my computer, so hit me up on Steam if you want someone to play with.

The progressions system is pretty grindy and seems a bit more straight forward and up front compared to Terraria, but in its current beta state you really need to use the wiki. I just beat the third boss which puts me in the fourth (out of ten) tiers. I'm grinding out some more armor and exploring the new sector.

The game seems pretty neat and open ended, but there is a lot of "make your own fun". For example, my friend and I found a village of bird people (all NPCs). It was a threat one planet so we could just wade through them taking their stuff and killing EVERYONE in sight. I found some cool items and we got some much needed resources.

We also found this platformer kind of dungeon that seemed a bit fun. It would probably be a real challenge with the floaty jumps etc. and seemed kind of cool. If any part is too hard you can just whip out your pick axe and tear it all apart and dig a hole to the end.

With the current beta I only have one more boss to go until I just grind up all the tiers to the end game - at that point there really won't be anything to do besides just building stuff and exploring.

So far, I'm loving it, but it's definitely still in its early stages and a bit of a stoner "feel good" game.

The monster designs look a bit too pokemon as well...