Startech USB3HDCAP + OSSC 'no video' issue

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I've been searching and reading all day on the above noted issue, and can't seem to find a solution other than possibly changing my drivers over to the modified Micomsoft drivers.

I've tested the capture device with composite and HDMI direct and both worked. I then tried the PS2 over component (w/1st party Sony cable) and it didn't work when run to the capture device directly or when run through the OSSC (it worked direct through OSSC to monitor).
I then tried the CDX via HD RetroVision component through the OSSC and later direct to the capture device, and neither worked. I see the data through Stream Catcher (resolution, frame rate) and can see the image window change orientation based on switching settings through the OSSC, but the whole time, the preview window displays "no video".

I have the latest version of Stream Catcher and the latest driver(s) from the Startech website, but it seems like component is a no-go at the moment.

Any ideas? I don't know that I have the savvy to mess around with custom drivers, so I'm hoping there's a different solution that I've overlooked somehow.

Thanks all!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Hi everyone,

I've been searching and reading all day on the above noted issue, and can't seem to find a solution other than possibly changing my drivers over to the modified Micomsoft drivers.

I've tested the capture device with composite and HDMI direct and both worked. I then tried the PS2 over component (w/1st party Sony cable) and it didn't work when run to the capture device directly or when run through the OSSC (it worked direct through OSSC to monitor).
I then tried the CDX via HD RetroVision component through the OSSC and later direct to the capture device, and neither worked. I see the data through Stream Catcher (resolution, frame rate) and can see the image window change orientation based on switching settings through the OSSC, but the whole time, the preview window displays "no video".

I have the latest version of Stream Catcher and the latest driver(s) from the Startech website, but it seems like component is a no-go at the moment.

Any ideas? I don't know that I have the savvy to mess around with custom drivers, so I'm hoping there's a different solution that I've overlooked somehow.

Thanks all!

Question: Are you trying to run PS1 games through the PS2 when playing? Sometimes these upscalers and such don't like 240p signals via component unless some obscure settings are enabled.

Also increasing thresholds helped me. I used this wiki for assistance. http://junkerhq.net/xrgb/index.php?title=OSSC

xterc

n00b
When using the OSSC did you try different line multiplier options? I've never tried to capture component with the USB3HDCAP, so I can't be much help there. If you use AMAREC or OBS you can get to the properties window of the driver and sometimes modifying settings here can help.