Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I haven’t tried it with “real” games. Loop Hero is basically a turn based Indy so latency isn’t an issue.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I only ever put time into cloud gaming with Bloodborne on PS Now. The connection downgraded a couple of times but it wasn't bad, and definitely possible to complete.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I am just playing worms reloaded and man it is perfect for the deck with a few people.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
I have been pleased with my steam deck as well. I think it comes to expectations. I have basically just played games that are designed for controllers and verified on steam deck. I think it is great for smaller grab and go games.

I don't think it replaces my Switch or 3DS, but it is a good addition and helps when I want to play Steam but not be on the computer.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Oh no.... I'm currently playing through ghost n goblins resurrection at the moment.

thieslo

Geese's Thug
10 Year Member
What have you been playing on it, anything to note?

Like I said, I like a lot of the smaller games, so I play things like Binding of Isaac, for a couple of lives.. May be 5 minutes, may be an hour. Vampire Survivors, Super Hexagon, Rogue Legacy 2, Slay the Spire. I also have Hero Siege, Hammerwatch, FTL, Enter the Gungeon and Dead Cells which I expect to play well.

As far as bigger games I have played on there, have been Stray and Flower. Flower seemed to chug a little bit, so not sure if it was steam deck, or the game, but Stray appears to play flawlessly.

This is me. Every night it comes to work with me. Every night i opt to read a book instead in my free time and have no idea why that is. Been that way basically since a month after i got the thing.

Nothing wrong with reading a book instead. I am eagerly waiting a big to release this summer and I expect I won't be gaming on anything until I finish it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I am looking forward to play the new Warhammer 40K FPS "Boltgun" when it releases in May on steam. It's basically an homage to 90s fps like Doom, etc. Also has a nice old school Warhammer 40k going as well.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I am looking forward to play the new Warhammer 40K FPS "Boltgun" when it releases in May on steam. It's basically an homage to 90s fps like Doom, etc. Also has a nice old school Warhammer 40k going as well.
Yeah this looks super cool, i am excited for it.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Also humble bundle great capcom deal
Neat game. Currently listed as unsupported on Deck, but I haven't actually tested it.

Edit: Seems to work fine?

Proton seems to be getting better. I'm testing out some games on an old Dell convertible with a Pentium N3710 (Intel HD 405 graphics) and I was surprised to find that it actually works, with support for Vulkan 1.0.

Through proton, Doom 3 runs at 27 fps medium settings, compared to 32 fps with the same settings in the dhewm3 source port.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Tried the Robocop: Rogue City Demo on the Steamdeck. Runs surprisingly well and really looks great too.

Pretty fun nostalgia trip. Interesting take on an FPS too. It’s old school but you’re basically a tank lol.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Tried the Robocop: Rogue City Demo on the Steamdeck. Runs surprisingly well and really looks great too.

Pretty fun nostalgia trip. Interesting take on an FPS too. It’s old school but you’re basically a tank lol.
Will try it out later.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
OLED Steamdeck inbound:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
So it's just the screen and extra storage?

Also 20% larger battery and faster WiFi I think.

512gb for 549 is cool tho, as IIRC that’s what I paid for the 256gb.

I’ll be interested to see when the first performance upgrade hits - tho I imagine it will awhile before that happens.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
1280 x 800 optically bonded LCD display
7" Diagonal display size
7 nm APU
Wi-Fi 5
40Whr battery; 2-8 hours of gameplay (content-dependent)
45W Power supply with 1.5m cable
Carrying case
Steam profile bundle

New oled:
512GB NVMe SSD
1280 x 800 HDR OLED display
7.4" Diagonal display size
6 nm APU
Wi-Fi 6E
50Whr battery; 3-12 hours of gameplay (content-dependent)
45W Power supply with 2.5m cable
Carrying case
Steam profile bundle