Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Just got the email.

Steam Deck delayed until Feb 2022 and all reservations pushed back accordingly.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Hopefully it’s actually a production delay due to supply chain issues and not an unforeseen problem in the hardware.

Oh well.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I managed to pre-order the $649 version within 9 minutes of the pre-orders going live. Steam got slammed hard and was unresponsive for awhile... pre-orders sold out through Q2 2022. I was originally notified that I would get it Q4 2021, but then that updated to Q1 2022. Now just waiting to see if I do end up getting it on Feb 25th or not.
I had heard if you did not get a pre-order in, you'll be lucky if you can buy one this year.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I was Q1, bumped to Q2 (but not "after Q2," thankfully).

I guess this is the best place to be, really. See if there are issues with the production units and such.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Pretty excited for you all to get these. Still not something I would find myself using, but im very interested to see where this goes.
Now...if someone gets a nice Batocera image running on this... then I might go down this rabbit hole.

Given the price...is this a loss leader product for valve?

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Pretty excited for you all to get these. Still not something I would find myself using, but im very interested to see where this goes.
Now...if someone gets a nice Batocera image running on this... then I might go down this rabbit hole.

Given the price...is this a loss leader product for valve?
Gaht damn it Sneth this is what I was trying to tell you back in July.

Of course now that I'm back on campus so much I don't know if I'll have enough time for it. At least I have a friend lined up who missed the queue to sell it to.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
GPD is spooked. This is not going to mean much to Nintendo but it's going to wipe out some of these niche handheld pc companies.

Edit: M, I do want to see video when you buy the $30 handheld that gets made using those CAD files.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m curious just how much valve will lose per unit sold. Or are they producing such a quantity that they will make something.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I’m curious just how much valve will lose per unit sold. Or are they producing such a quantity that they will make something.

I'm more curious if I will get one anytime soon....I feel like "Q2" in an imaginary realm

Reactions: SML

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Well the review embargo is over. Looks like a good purchase but sounds like the steamOS software/system firmware needs a bit of work.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Reviews seem largely positive. May end up getting one down the road to have an extra PC that I can bring around the house or over for social gatherings. Don't know that I would ever use it as a portable gaming machine though.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member