Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ve been playing V Rising since I got the dock. Basically needs a mouse and keyboard though I think I could create a workable input scheme.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Any good (newish) beat’em ups on Steam? I know the new Turtles Game is but I’d love something like Dragon’s Crown.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
gonna do an install tutorial on EmuDeck for YT because people keep asking me for it...see how it does
it is very simple to do the process really is so automated which is great.

Whats your 1st game your gonna play on the steamdeck?

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
it is very simple to do the process really is so automated which is great.

Whats your 1st game your gonna play on the steamdeck?
I tried to play No Mans Sky but I hit an issue where my cloud save didn’t come down so I played some Doom Eternal instead.

Super impressive hardware

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Just finished up the EmuDeck 2 tutorial and hit export. Impressive. Maybe a bit fiddley to setup but once you are done it’s pretty nice

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Gotham Knights runs well all things considered. Low settings keeps FPS in the 40s or so most of the time I think, bigger fights tank it a bit but it's not unplayable or anything.

Considering how it apparently generally doesn't run well on new gen hardware it's all the more impressive. Seems like devs must have prioritized a Deck build, hopefully that continues with new stuff.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I wish those fucks at Square Enix would put FF7 remake on sale.

Reactions: jro

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I wish those fucks at Square Enix would put FF7 remake on sale.
square enix sales! thats an urban legend, im waiting on steams halloween sale to pick up any survival horrrors I dont have.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Gotham Knights runs well all things considered. Low settings keeps FPS in the 40s or so most of the time I think, bigger fights tank it a bit but it's not unplayable or anything.

Considering how it apparently generally doesn't run well on new gen hardware it's all the more impressive. Seems like devs must have prioritized a Deck build, hopefully that continues with new stuff.
K my bad, just because the game runs fine doesn't mean anyone should actually play it. The mechanic to interrogate specific enemies is nuts. It's required multiple times to progress at all and it's basically get to a random crime point (which are very limited and tend to be far apart), scan all of the enemies to make sure you don't accidentally kill the one with the info, then beat only him or all of the others first, then him, interrogate. Mess up any part of that and you have to start over and waste 15 more minutes.

Like, srsly is this just groupthink taking over? Or maybe Ubisoft is sharing their cocaine, which is a hell of a drug, with everyone at Warners? Any QA tester would point out how annoying level design like this is, but I guess cranking up playtime is clearly more important than actually making a good game now. Fuck me.

Edit, started up a new Elden Ring run and am about halfway through DS Remastered still can't put down Vampire Survivors Teardown seems great.... It's an awesome piece of kit plz don't mind my general whining.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I was interested in Gotham Knights but the reviews haven’t been overwhelmingly positive.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
I was interested in Gotham Knights but the reviews haven’t been overwhelmingly positive.
same here, loved the arkham games but will leave this. am looking to get the new DLC for Resident evil 8, with new 3rd person mode.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Gotham Knights is alright I suppose, it's a big step down from the proper Rocksteady games but it's decent enough to kill some time and not hate yourself. Too much filler, bizarrely hard on the system, but it's, I dunno, a 5.5/10.

Re: compatibility: WRC Generations (yes I know US Americans are not meant to play this) does not work at all on Steam Deck. Maybe EA will do a little better with the license (ROFL, no, j/k).

Meanwhile, Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord runs great on high settings. Game warns you right away that controllers aren't supported and then the Deck controls actually are supported, and very well, mixed with some convenient touch screen stuff. One of the nicer surprises I've seen on any hardware in a while.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Devs please stop releasing shit with utterly broken shader compilation that ruins your game. People plz refund the various trash that's releasing with no QA on this.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Steam Sale is on.

Square Enix have graciously lowered the price of FF7 Remake from $70 all the way to $50.

Those fuckers.
Be careful may be a glitch on square Enix side :ROFLMAO:. Though from the steam sale I am picking up the great platformer Ravel

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I just ordered my Steam Deck and am waiting for it to arrive.

Has anyone messed with portable monitors? My main purpose is to use this at a weekly fighting game meet up.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’ve connected my deck to a monitor via HDMI (official dock) and (to the same monitor) via USB-C.

If you just direct connect via USB-C to the monitor you can still use the Deck as your controller.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Right on. There's a fighting game meet up here is pretty fun so it will be nice to have control of my own set up. Very hyped for this.
Yeah hype all the way, it is imo the best gaming thing I've ever got. 6 to 7 months on playing it daily have over 350 games for it since getting it.

I knew i forgot another link.

https://heroicgameslauncher.com/ - gog and epic games launcher - especially great for epic games with the upcoming Christmas 1 free game a day coming on the 8th till 29th.

Last year had alot of triple AAA titles.!