Steam Summer Sale 2017: What are you getting, what do you recommend?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
It's that time again. There are a shitload of games for sale on Steam right now. I'm planning on pulling the trigger on a few games. Kinda wondering what everyone else is picking up and what's on sale currently that people here recommend giving a shot.

I'm planning on getting:
-Slain
-Axiom Verge
-Hyper Light Drifter
-KOF XIII
-Dropsy

Kinda on the fence on:
-Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
-Furi
-Ori and the Blind Forest
-Jotun
-Toren
-Enter the Gungeon
-Titan Souls
-Darkest Dungeon
-Doom (really the only reason I don't just get it is I don't currently have the HD space available)

Anybody recommend any of the games above? Or anyone want to warn me or others to not bother with certain games, please let it be known.

Seriously, almost my entire wishlist is on sale, along with so many other games that look great too. (kinda want to get Tomb Raider 2013 even though I have it on 360) Man, I'm going to probably drop over $100 this week on games that I'll never finish!!!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I got:
Portal 2
Fallout New Vegas
Hyper Light Driftet
Transistor
That cyberpunk bar tending simulator
Outlast

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
VA-11 HALL-A I think.

Last edited:

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
I snagged the Steam version of Oblivion Deluxe so I can try Nehrim.

Just finished playing through Enderal and REALLY enjoyed it. I highly recommend it to any Skyrim fans.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
so im grabbing:

va-11 hall-a (thanks fakex)
new vegas ultimate edition
axiom verge
1917- alien invasion
bauldurs gate 1 and 2 enhanced editions
cs:go

and not on sale, but in my watch list (and its a $5 game, so whatever): the underground man.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I wish Valkyria Chronicles was on sale. I'll buy that when it's $10

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I cannot say enough good things about Hyper Light Drifter, so good! Axiom Verge isn't bad either, good get if it's dirt cheap.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I got

The Walking Dead Season 3
Doom 2016
Metal Gear Solid V Definitive
River City Ransom Sports
Azure Strike Gunvolt

Planning to get

UMvC3
GG REV and REV 2
DEAD RISING

and maybe a few others.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Purchased Crimzon Clover and System shock Pack. I usually wait till games drop under $5 for me to purchase. Not many games that I'm interested in that I don't already have.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The baulders gate games are 6 bucks and change each and are updated to modern systems. It's a worthwhile get if you want quality for cheap.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Already did my damage for this sale:

Under Night In-Birth Exe: Late
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code
Lara Croft Go
Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive
Dead by Daylight
Bayonetta
Devil Daggers
Soma

There's SOOOOOO much good shit on Steam that it's tough to even know where to begin without a frame of reference.

Like if you're just going down the rabbit hole, start with the Valve games. They're all 90% off (Half-Life 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead are $1, Portal 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 are $2). It's like $15 for their entire catalog. Ridiculous.

Doom 2016 as long as you can run it (requires like a 960/970 to play at decent frame rates) is a must play for fans of run-n-gun old-school FPSs.

Under Night In-Birth is a great anime-style fighting game (like Guilty Gear/Blazblue but nowhere near as complicated) and it's $7.74.

Couple of great Metroidvanias came out recently. Hollow Knight is 34% off ($9.89) and is great and Dead Cells (which is still in Early Access but is already a more-or-less complete game) is 15% off ($14-something)

I played the shit out of Slayaway Camp (50% off, $4.49) which is a puzzle game with voxel art and a Friday the 13th/80s slasher flick motif.

Nex Machina (20% off, $15.99) just came out and is similar to a modern-day Robotron/Smash TV. Made by the people who did Resogun.

Cosmic Star Heroine (20% off, $11.99) is an indie JRPG in the style of Phantasy Star/Lunar/Chrono Trigger. Made by the people who made Cthulu Saves the World.

Every one should buy One Finger Death Punch (75% off, $1.24)... it's the greatest time waster ever. Just use the two mouse buttons to crush stick figures with sick kung fu moves. Also has a hilarious and mildly racist announcer.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just got The Walking Dead Season 3 and A Wolf Among Us. I love Tell Tale Games. I also got Garry's Mod for my son. I'll probably get a big hitter like Resident Evil 7 or a fighter before the end. Probably won't even install them either...

Also Darkest Dungeon is fan-fucking-tastic! Very hard, punishing and frustrating though. Great game. Great art.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Waiting if there will be some good offers on Guilty Gear and/or Blazblu, also MK could be interesting.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Waiting if there will be some good offers on Guilty Gear and/or Blazblu, also MK could be interesting.

Steam sale doesn't do time-based deals anymore. Everything is the same price from day 1 to the last day.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
If anyone is thinking of Superhot VR, don't bother. $20 and I rolled credits on it in 57 minutes. Then you just get endless mode and heatshot only mode.

Great game, majorly lacking in content. Instant refund...real bummer

Got Headlander for $4. Solid game

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Anyone -not- getting Doom at that price? Come on. That's madness, it's MORE than worth it.

Anyway, I got;

Zen Pinball (Awesome game if you like Pinball)
Turok 2 remaster (Awesome, if you're a classic Turok Fan)
Dead Rising 4 (Being a huge Dead Rising fan, I've been dying to play this, and now that I have it, I'm not sure if I like it. I've spent about an hour and a half with it, and so far, it's not clicking with me. It's still early, so maybe it'll grab me.)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I just got The Walking Dead Season 3 and A Wolf Among Us. I love Tell Tale Games. I also got Garry's Mod for my son. I'll probably get a big hitter like Resident Evil 7 or a fighter before the end. Probably won't even install them either...

Also Darkest Dungeon is fan-fucking-tastic! Very hard, punishing and frustrating though. Great game. Great art.

Wolf Among Us is great. My wife and I played it together and had a really fun time.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
I picked up The Banner Saga vol.2, Oxenfree, Hollow Knight, Convoy, and Northgard.

Convoy is addictive, simple to play, tough to master. Northgard is like Civ meets AoE and looks gorgeous, and am I ever digging Hollow Knight; what a wonderfully crafted metroidvania style game.

And yes, I've mentioned this on a number of occasions and will echo what EG wrote in this thread: Hyper Light Drifter is amazing and should be purchased if you haven't already. I kickstarted the game, got it on every available platform, and bought the physical release that came out recently. HLD is in my top 10.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Wolf Among Us is great. My wife and I played it together and had a really fun time.

I've got the Game of Thrones one here too. The missus is a big fan so I'm hoping she'll get a kick out of it.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Recently sold off some Falcom stuff for the PSP so looking to buy those games back for cheap. Really wish Brandish was released on steam, that game is fantastic.

Currently eyeing the following:

Ys Origins
Ys Oath
Ys 1&2
Xanadu Next
Trails in the Sky
KOF 98UM
KOF 02UM
Trouble Witches Neo

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Cleared out my wishlist. It was starting to creep up to 200 games, which is just ridiculous. Removed all the fluff I'll never get around to playing.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Cleared out my wishlist. It was starting to creep up to 200 games, which is just ridiculous. Removed all the fluff I'll never get around to playing.
I badly need to do this.

On topic, I got Nex Machina and Wizard Orb so far and am planning to get several VR games, once I decide exactly which ones.