Street Fighter Cab

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Thanks EG and DZ. I put a lot of prep work into it and the artwork from gameongrafix is really nice stuff, I'd recommend them to anyone. now if I could only find a decent MKII cab...

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Holy crap, that's awesome how it turned out! Congrats on a job well done.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Thanks EG and DZ. I put a lot of prep work into it and the artwork from gameongrafix is really nice stuff, I'd recommend them to anyone. now if I could only find a decent MKII cab...

Scott does all my printing too. His stuff is top notch and I can't say enough good things about it.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I finished the control panel yesterday. I think the stickers came out pretty good on the cpo. The only problem I have is that the yellow sticker that goes in the middle of a champion edition cpo doesn't fit in this panel. There's a 1" difference in the spacing of the joysticks between street fighter 1 and 2 CE control panels. I tried trimming it down but it was still too large. Maybe when I get new artwork for my next project I'll see if I can get that sticker scaled down a little. Added plexi, buttons and joysticks. I'm not sure what color combo of buttons I'm gonna use, so I left these for now. I added a new light for the marquee, I'll have to post that once I finish up the last few details.
View attachment 31818
View attachment 31819
View attachment 31820
View attachment 31821

Excellent Job bro. I remember buying mine a long time ago, I refurbished the whole cabinet. Only thing that was missing was a new overlay. I was trying to locate pictures of when I finished it but all I could find was the picture of the day I brought it home. It lookedd exactly like yours looks now but I did black instead of blue.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Excellent Job bro. I remember buying mine a long time ago, I refurbished the whole cabinet. Only thing that was missing was a new overlay. I was trying to locate pictures of when I finished it but all I could find was the picture of the day I brought it home. It lookedd exactly like yours looks now but I did black instead of blue.

Fuck I miss my big red.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Fuck I miss my big red.

Me too bro. I ended up replacing my stand ups with candies. I love my candies but there is something special about U.S stand ups. . It's like owning a cadillac. After refurbishing both cabs I ended up selling them for peanuts. If I had the space at the time I would have kept them.

Elder

NEST Puppet
This is seriously impressive. I wish I had the space for a cab. Been on my wish list for years and years, but never had the chance to pick one up thanks to the limited space. Congrats on a job very well done!

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Holy crap, that's awesome how it turned out! Congrats on a job well done.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. My son wants a Simpsons cab for our next project like yours, Kilgore. I passed on one a few months ago and am regretting it everyday.

Me too bro. I ended up replacing my stand ups with candies. I love my candies but there is something special about U.S stand ups. . It's like owning a cadillac. After refurbishing both cabs I ended up selling them for peanuts. If I had the space at the time I would have kept them.

I agree RAZO, candies are awesome but there's something about the US cabs that just takes me back to the old spots where I used to play, like I'm still standing in line with my quarter up ready to take on some older kid who no one could knock off of the machine.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I miss my US cabs as well, regret selling my big blue, I still got a Big Red rev 1 and a Goldie. Dynamos like this one are amazing though, rotate able, that's the key. I could do with just a Fabtek though, those are awesome, I love those, restored one and turned it into a 60-1 and gave it away. US cabs are awesome too, candies might be all the rage but I love both equally although I admit candies are easier to deal with, at least some of them.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I miss my US cabs as well, regret selling my big blue, I still got a Big Red rev 1 and a Goldie. Dynamos like this one are amazing though, rotate able, that's the key. I could do with just a Fabtek though, those are awesome, I love those, restored one and turned it into a 60-1 and gave it away. US cabs are awesome too, candies might be all the rage but I love both equally although I admit candies are easier to deal with, at least some of them.

Sega candies are the only ones I'll deal with now. Easy to disassemble and easy to find replacement parts for. These aero cities are by far my favorite candies. I miss playing on that big blue too. We put so much work into that damn thing.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I think out of all the cabs, that one got the most love once it was done. So many games in that one, that cab was amazing for vs, the CP the size, the presentation, that's the cab that makes me miss US cabs the most.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Very nice looking cabinet, you should be stoked! The blue was a great choice in my opinion and fits it perfectly.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Amazing work! Brought back to full glory. Very inspiring and well done.