Street Fighter VI

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Happy to help, bro. :)

Real talk though, because I rarely game on pc, but I thought that most pc games had adjustable visual settings for improved performance. Since not everyone has the highest end GPU/CPU. I didn't think that was anything unique for the new SF game.

You may be right. I hope consoles haven’t gotten that stupid but they probably have. I ain’t ever buying a fighting game and fucking with that shit though. I’d rather collect stamps.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm about 20 hours into SF6 now.
- Played it on Steam Deck while on vacation and the performance was adequate. Did some of the World Tour Mode (shitty Shenmue) and then a bunch of Combo Trials
- I've played a bit online and found the netcode to be excellent so far

So far this is much better than Street Fighter V (and better than IV for me - never a big fan of that one). I'm into it - but I definitely can get all the hate for the aesthetics, there is a lot of goofy looking new characters. I also think the new costumes mainly look really bad - and not a graphics thing - it's like they have no sense of "cool" at all.

I'm into it and I'll be playing it. I updated my HitBox firmware and found the new SOCD cleaning mode has some really cool dragon punch shortcuts that weren't there before the Capcom rule change.

Judging from the tone here I doubt a lot of people will try it - but I'm definitely down for some online matches.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I'm online 4-5 nights a week playing. Hit me with a PM if you're interested in running sets.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I wanna play it but I'm super sketched out. Like I'm having early SFV vibes and I'm scared. Should I just say screw it and scoop or should I wait for Champion Edition? Plus no Dictator 😢

100proof

10 Year Member
I wanna play it but I'm super sketched out. Like I'm having early SFV vibes and I'm scared. Should I just say screw it and scoop or should I wait for Champion Edition? Plus no Dictator 😢

It's way better than SF5. Both as a package (tons of single player content) and as a fighting game (netcode is miles better and it doesn't have a lot of the mess that SF5 had early in its lifecycle). The only thing people are bitching about it (other than the usual whining from people who can't handle losing) is the "premium battle pass" but honestly, there's no reason to buy that shit. If you don't like paying for extra characters, I don't know what to tell you. That ship sailed 15 years ago.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's way better than SF5. Both as a package (tons of single player content) and as a fighting game (netcode is miles better and it doesn't have a lot of the mess that SF5 had early in its lifecycle). The only thing people are bitching about it (other than the usual whining from people who can't handle losing) is the "premium battle pass" but honestly, there's no reason to buy that shit. If you don't like paying for extra characters, I don't know what to tell you. That ship sailed 15 years ago.
I find that to be a good breakdown. Thank you.

100proof

10 Year Member
Just as an example, I played RBJake the other night and in 20 matches of Seattle vs. East Coast, we had one noticeable rollback. Otherwise, it was practically like playing someone sitting next to you. Really good rollback implementation. Best I've seen in a AAA fighting game. Plus it has a wifi vs. wired indicator and you can reject people with shit connections.

Honestly, if you can get past the fact that major publishers don't make 2D fighting games anymore and are never going to (once again, that ship has sailed), I would definitely recommend it. This is the best Street Fighter's been since the glory days.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I was playing a friend of mine in quite a bit of SFV over the weekend and was having a blast. I think I wanna pull the trigger and get SF6.... So, what version should I get? (PC) Standard, Deluxe, Ultimate...?

100proof

10 Year Member
If you intend to get the extra characters eventually and continue playing past the first few weeks, I would get the deluxe but if you just intend to play it for 30-40 hours (do the single player mode, fuck around in other modes), there's no reason why you couldn't just get the standard and go back and grab the characters later if you like it/continue playing. Ultimate just adds a bunch of cosmetic bullshit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I was playing a friend of mine in quite a bit of SFV over the weekend and was having a blast. I think I wanna pull the trigger and get SF6.... So, what version should I get? (PC) Standard, Deluxe, Ultimate...?

If you plan on playing it on PC, CDKeys still has the ultimate edition (usually like $105?) for $80.

I grabbed that one because it was just as much as the "deluxe" edition if you bought it directly through the steam store.

I think it also gives you 4 extra characters down the line? I think?

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Yeah i was looking at the CDKeys prices. Definitely seems more reasonable

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I bought this earlier this week and it's pretty fun. Very different from IV and V IMO. I gotta say I'm liking the world tour mode more than I thought I would, I thought I would hate it. It's a little silly and I really don't care too much for the controls when exploring the world. But it's kinda fun making your own custom character, leveling them up, fighting gangs of people with boxes or TVs on their heads, and meeting different SF characters. Also, being able to unlock 2nd costumes without paying for them. I'm definitely still getting used to the game, but it's been a good time so far.

My only complaints are that it randomly will have massive frame drops from time to time for no apparent reason. I'm playing on PC, with updated graphics drivers, so hopefully it gets fixed soon. I suppose most new games take a few months to iron out the major bugs, but we'll see. Also, they NEED to make it so you can choose whether or not you want to play VS classic or modern control players online. I don't want to play Street Fighter against someone using Smash Bros controls, that's fucking dumb as hell. Sure the modern controls are limited, but I just don't want to play vs someone who's not really playing the same game control wise.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Also, they NEED to make it so you can choose whether or not you want to play VS classic or modern control players online. I don't want to play Street Fighter against someone using Smash Bros controls, that's fucking dumb as hell. Sure the modern controls are limited, but I just don't want to play vs someone who's not really playing the same game control wise.

This. Im no competitive player by any means. I've gotten my ass handed to me plenty of times in the Battle Hub and standard ranked/casual matches. But still, playing against idiots who use modern controls is annoying as fuck.

If we have the option to set a preference to confirm players in ranked matches (you can only see their wifi/LAN condition and can reject for that), or we can set a preference to allow/disallow cross play - we should have an option to change if we want to play against dingbats who like one-button-supers.

edit: there's a mission somewhere in WT that is something like "Lets practice with modern controls" and you have to go into your options, change to modern, and THEN you can do that mission.

Guess how many times I've played that mission? Because its fucking zero.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
This. Im no competitive player by any means. I've gotten my ass handed to me plenty of times in the Battle Hub and standard ranked/casual matches. But still, playing against idiots who use modern controls is annoying as fuck.

If we have the option to set a preference to confirm players in ranked matches (you can only see their wifi/LAN condition and can reject for that), or we can set a preference to allow/disallow cross play - we should have an option to change if we want to play against dingbats who like one-button-supers.

edit: there's a mission somewhere in WT that is something like "Lets practice with modern controls" and you have to go into your options, change to modern, and THEN you can do that mission.

Guess how many times I've played that mission? Because its fucking zero.

I was really angry about Modern Controls at first, but now I've kind of chilled out about them. I've only had 1-2 people that really kicked my ass on ranked using them (I'm mid Silver so not that great at this) and I felt like I could taken them if I had played a bit better.

I tried Modern Controls and found them to feel like garbage. Overall I wish they weren't in the game.

Other impressions (played for around 50 hours all the modes):
- The World Tour Mode is completely goofy and stupid and man... I think it's really fun. Dressing up a stupid avatar and listening to the dumb story is a little more fun than it should be.

- Battle Hub is alright, the old Capcom arcade games are cool but they have terrible forced scanline filter (maybe there's an option to change it) that makes them miserable to play. The high score challenges on them are fun though.

- Ranked is great. The fact you can search for Casual and Ranked matches at the same time while in practice mode and it all just works is really nice.

I was completely turned off by the graphics at first, but they've grown on me. I still think the new costumes are just badly designed and look like shit.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
What's the consensus now that this has been out for a while? I barely played V because my PC couldn't handle it. Should I play that instead? Are people still even playing V online? Should I go straight to VI?

100proof

10 Year Member
Go to 6. There's gonna be WAYYYY more people playing at your skill level (6 averages 8,000 people on Steam and 5 averages 200 currently) and if you just wanna fart around, there's way more single player content. The higher level meta has gotten a little stale (fishing for long-range pokes into drive rush into 40% into 50/50 oki setups) but that won't really affect most people and patch is coming here in a couple of months.