Street Fighter VI

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Whats with the negroid bitchin' music?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Well...The trailer looks interesting. Seems like there's a create-a-character mode that they're focusing on heavily, and the cinematics make it look like tag battle is a possibility. I do wish they'd hire an actual graf writer or someone who could refine the graffiti graphics style. I loved the sumi-e style of IV, and graffiti for 6 could be amazing, but it looks super half assed in the trailer.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Let's hope it comes with an actual game instead of a glorified tech demo like V was :D

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
More "tone" trailers which signify and are representative of nothing. Not making any judgments either way until we see how the game actually looks, plays and what kind of content is available at launch.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just saw the trailer... Is it gonna be some open world walk around and fight people thing? Because that's not something I want in SF.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
glad chun-li grinded enough fight money in 5 to get that breast reduction.

also that ugh yeah nigguh ugh music in the trailer is fucking horrible.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
wish they'd hire an actual graf writer or someone who could refine the graffiti graphics style. I loved the sumi-e style of IV, and graffiti for 6 could be amazing, but it looks super half assed in the trailer.
It looks like they went on Fiver and found a 14 year old that just got Procreate and a graffiti brush pack.

Also that music is fucking terrible. The Japanese know how to make good rap but they always insist on using the most generic plastic sounding garbage in their games and movies. It can be cheesy but it needs to have that goofy charm that 3rd Strike had.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
A looooot more information on the official website for anyone who gives a shit:

https://www.streetfighter.com/6/en-us/

The mechanics seem like a grab bag of stuff from previous games (alpha counters from SFA, parrying from SF3, a variation of Focus Attack/FADC from SF4). Chun's parry is pretty great. She swats attacks away with her hand.

There's a "drive gauge" that gradually refills automatically that handles a lot of the mechanics in the game (including EX moves apparently) which means that EX moves have been separated from the super bar which is interesting.

There's an easy control mode (Modern mode) where there's only 3 attack buttons and a "special move" button like in the Gamecube version of CvS2. They've tried this a hundred different ways and it never really has any impact on people's desire to play fighting games but I'm just glad they didn't completely fuck up the game for everyone else (cough Strive cough) to try to make it easier for people who don't give a shit anyway.

"World Tour" (the open-world nonsense) is apparently a single-player mode. I don't have particularly high hopes (unless they brought people in who know how to make a decent open-world game) but single player shit isn't what I care about anyway. I mean if they did something that was like Yakuza with SF combat (or even the equivalent of like a Tekken Force mode) it could be dumb fun but yeah... Capcom doesn't exactly have a great track record with that shit.

"Battle Hub" looks like it's their version of the overly complicated online lobby systems that Japanese developers seem to love. If it increases the amount of time between me turning the game on and finding an online match, they can fuck off. Shit's a waste of time in every other game that's tried it.

They're ripping off the "custom commentators" thing from Yatagarasu. They brought in famous American and Japanese FGC commentators who will do "live" commentary throughout the fight (right now there's only one of each but I'm going to assume there will be multiple people eventually). As long as you can turn it off (because they 100% guaranteed will get repetitive and irritating quickly), it could be a fun little nugget. Desperately needs IFC Yipes though.

I will say in looking at actual game footage (the commentary trailer has a bunch of actual gameplay), the character models are... strange. They're clearly better looking than SF5's play-doh people (in both detail and fidelity) but there's something kind of shiny and weird about the models. Can't put my finger on it.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Togas are hot in Japan this year?

Meh.

The in game models look wack to me. Another missed opportunity for something in the XRD vein.

Music is garbage.

Not much I like about Street Fighter, has made it into this game so far.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I dig Dhalsim with a beard. As Santa, he could deliver your presents from up on the roof by just snaking his arm down the chimney. 🎅

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Sure, you all talk a big game, but the only one stuck up enough and sufficiently jaded to absolutely never ever buy this game or play it or probably even watch it be played is me.

I watched SFIV being played for like 10 minutes. Did a couple of rounds with Guile…never touched it again. I wondered how SF could become such a big budget turd. Someone explained to me that Capcom Japan was so broke they sold SF to Capcom US and…I walked away forever.

It really is that easy.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Blanka really stepped up his fashion game with the handkerchief.

I really dig Chunners, Guile, Cammy, and E. Honda's new designs.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Sure, you all talk a big game, but the only one stuck up enough and sufficiently jaded to absolutely never ever buy this game or play it or probably even watch it be played is me.

I watched SFIV being played for like 10 minutes. Did a couple of rounds with Guile…never touched it again. I wondered how SF could become such a big budget turd. Someone explained to me that Capcom Japan was so broke they sold SF to Capcom US and…I walked away forever.

It really is that easy.
Personally I'm still stuck in a time loop limbo where I keep thinking IV came out only a few years ago, only to wake up and realize it's been 14 years.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Oh and the new caracteres are vile looking sub kof afterbirths (though I think the Italian shootfighter looks amazing design wise)

Edit: actually the artstyle is pretty shit looking a little closer. Akuma looks like someone's uncle on the Avatar cartoon show. Blanka wtf, fuck it can't be bothered.

Last edited:

fake

15 Year Member
Oh and the new caracteres are vile looking sub kof afterbirths

Edit: actually the artstyle is pretty shit looking a little closer. Akuma looks like someone's uncle on the Avatar cartoon show. Blanka wtf, fuck it can't be bothered.
They're fucking awful. Except the black girl with the walkman. She looks almost like a Power Stone character for some reason.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I never even bothered with V. I know hard-core fans wouldn’t accept it but add a couple of new characters and tweak third strike and I’d be happier than shit

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I never even bothered with V. I know hard-core fans wouldn’t accept it but add a couple of new characters and tweak third strike and I’d be happier than shit

It would be the Star Wars Special Edition version of SFIII. Art made decades later by people who were six years old when the OG was released. Whalers on the Moon.

But then I’m in the minority these days because I don’t want the rules my games changing. IMO, Chess should just be Chess, not Chess ver 114.11783b.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
It would be the Star Wars Special Edition version of SFIII. Art made decades later by people who were six years old when the OG was released.

Still better than the shit I see today. I don’t think you’re in the minority with that thinking but as a fan of kof, tiny tweaks and a new character here and there is fine by me. I liked kof2k1.

fake

15 Year Member
I was going through which subscriptions I have set up. I still have Xbox Live, which I only use to play Third Strike Online. I haven't even played it in 6 months. I'll have to see if anyone is even playing anymore. :(