Street Fighter VI

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
For some reason when I see Cammy's new outfit it reminds me of Billy Kane.

HellioN

20 Year Member
I think it's because they both wear a short jacket with an X of sorts on the back.
And they are both British... And blonde.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
@100proof Maybe it's the nostalgia side of me, I used to own the CPS2 board. And yes, I'm not good at fighting games

Nah I get it man. Not trying to be the "git gud scrub" guy. Like what you like.

Z2 (not unlike KoF 2000) is one of those games that people who didn't play seriously hold in very regard so while I appreciate that the game has a lot going for it as a casual game, at high levels it's not much fun.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
z2a please
But meh that whole series was just a delay tactic because they had no idea what to do next. Not a huge fan of any of them

HellioN

20 Year Member
So is anyone trying the beta?
I'm not that impressed and the battle hub fucking sucks.
Also whats with the capcom id bullshit.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I was in the closed beta afew months ago. I actually installed the open beta and played one match, this weekend was way too busy for me to even get back in.

One thing I did NOT like so far about the hub is that you have to pick a favorite character and thats it. thats who you use from then on until you go into your options and change it to another character.

Thats dumb. You should be able to 'sit' at a cab, join in like any old school fighter and choose who you want at that moment.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
I was in the closed beta afew months ago. I actually installed the open beta and played one match, this weekend was way too busy for me to even get back in.

One thing I did NOT like so far about the hub is that you have to pick a favorite character and thats it. thats who you use from then on until you go into your options and change it to another character.

Thats dumb. You should be able to 'sit' at a cab, join in like any old school fighter and choose who you want at that moment.

So the good news is you don't have to use the stupid battle hub to play online. You can just do it from the menu like any other non-retarded game.

Game comes out tomorrow. I'll be online most evenings for the next month if anyone wants to get a few matches in, hit me with the PM.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I messed around with the demo for a while last night. Had some fun with it. Idk, too early to tell really, because the movesets and content were limited. I really like the idea of the open world part of the game though, although they only give you a taste in the demo. But the fact that there is actually a lot of single player content here that they've clearly put time into is pretty cool, and a welcome change. Most fighters this past decade skimp on the single player experience in favor of online content that they can make more money on. Looking forward to digging into the full game this weekend.

HellioN

20 Year Member
This game is still not looking all that interesting.
Lilly might be the only new character that might be fun.
Mexican Nakoruru.
Otherwise if I bother I'll probably just main Cammy and try to finally get decent with Juri.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Anyone playing SF6 and enjoying it? I like it so far. Im not very far into the World Tour mode, only just got 'enrolled' by Blanka, but I'm wondering something.

When you go and set up your own custom movesets (Lukes sand blast, Chun's bird kick, Blanka's spinball, etc) the game can't seem to tell the difference between the motions and a kick or punch.

Like if one move uses a QCF and punch, but another uses QCF and kick, the game wont let you add both of them, it says one move already uses that motion. But the fact that one is a kick, the other is a punch should differentiate the two, you'd think. Like say Luke's sand blast, (QCF + punch) and Dee Jay's Sobat (QCF + kick). You cant add both moves to your arsenal because just the QCF is already 'taken.'

Kind of odd that it does that.

The whole avatar thing with making your own move set and using a style is pretty cool. I like the way that big Spartan chick's stance looks, kinda reminds me of that one guy from Fallen Angels. It just looks intimidating (especially with my teeny tiny little girl avatar). But her actual fighting style is too slow, whereas Chun's is too fast. Dee Jay's seems pretty legit so far.

Wish I had more time to put into it this weekend. Avatar battles are pretty fun in the Battle Hub, but it's basically suicide to go in there if you haven't played much of the World Tour, what with other avatars having like 30 life bars, lol.

Though I wish my cab's PC was a little more powerful. Some fights in World Tour seem like they are fighting in water. It gets really slow, but I haven't been able to identify what exactly causes it to overload my PC. Sometimes a world tour street fight will have like 20 NPCs in the background and I'm fighting 3 or 4 enemies at once and it's like butter. Other times, I'm like in an alley with two NPCs and fighting 2 enemies and it slows down pretty bad.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Well it's not so much frame rate as it feels like literal slowdown. It doesn't feel choppy just like it's in very smooth slow-mo. Evidently I'm not the only one it happens to.

Last edited:

prof

@HornheaDD
Have you tried adjusting the visual settings at all? There should be a way to dial back the backgrounds and up the performance. Especially for steam/pc, although the consoles have less intricate visual settings adjustments as well.

Also, while I don't have the link in front of me, Digital Foundry did a SF6 video within the past couple weeks where they explored the frame rates and performance settings and differences in all of the different formats. I'd recommend taking a look at that because they tested out some of the different performance settings, and there were some issues that arose.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
@HornheaDD
Have you tried adjusting the visual settings at all? There should be a way to dial back the backgrounds and up the performance. Especially for steam/pc, although the consoles have less intricate visual settings adjustments as well.

Also, while I don't have the link in front of me, Digital Foundry did a SF6 video within the past couple weeks where they explored the frame rates and performance settings and differences in all of the different formats. I'd recommend taking a look at that because they tested out some of the different performance settings, and there were some issues that arose.

Thanks for the review. I’m never buying this game.

prof

Thanks for the review. I’m never buying this game.

Happy to help, bro. :)

Real talk though, because I rarely game on pc, but I thought that most pc games had adjustable visual settings for improved performance. Since not everyone has the highest end GPU/CPU. I didn't think that was anything unique for the new SF game.