Sunset Riders bug in MAME fixed after 16 years

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Cool, now I can cash my 2p board out. Fat stacks of cash here we come.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Such a major bug.. I don't know how people ever played it on mame. No wonder the guy is so exited.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
That reminds me, I need to rig up some sockets and eproms for my board to convert it to 2 player.

geise

Mickey's Coach
If it's a hack I don't believe the MAME devs will add it. It's cool to see regardless. I popped my pcb cherry with Sunset Riders. One of my favorites in the arcade. I will never part with it. I lucked out and scored it for $37 with free shipping! It was a bid that ended at 5 am. Guess luck was on my side.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
It's not a hack. It's just the latest version of MAME built from Github.

When MAME 0.178 comes out, this fix will be included.

The only things about that build that won't ever be official are the ASIO sound backend and nag screen removal.

geise

Mickey's Coach
It's not a hack. It's just the latest version of MAME built from Github.

When MAME 0.178 comes out, this fix will be included.

The only things about that build that won't ever be official are the ASIO sound backend and nag screen removal.

That's awesome to hear. I use unofficial mame builds anyways. Removing the nag screen is so nice.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Boy, for someone that's, apparently, been complaining for 15 years about a minor imperfection in the emulation, he sure seems pretty ignorant of the fact you can just hold down the button (not constantly mash it) when your bullets are pink.

Jon

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
He could never get over being annoyed by the bug. Now, 16 years later, he can finally advance to level 2.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i was always satisfied with the snes port.