SOLD: Super Neo 29 Candy Cab (Available) and Complete Hyper 64 Fighting Game Set (Sold)

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Candy Cab SOLD

Hey peeps. So, I went a little overzealous last year buying Neo stuff – now it’s time to trim the collection. This post is picture heavy.

SOLD: Super Neo 29 Type 2 Candy Cab: $2350 Asking Price
If you’ve been following my litany of posts about this cab, know that it is in great condition overall but there are a few issues listed below.
  • The Hitachi tube is gorgeous (when it worked), and I suspect the actual chassis is good as well (recently recapped and all) but the remote board is shot. These Hitachi boards are hard to come by and there are no good replacement chassis outside of a Nanao MS9 with a few mods. As it is, the cab plays blind. I have not done any soldering on the chassis myself, and all (questionable work) on the remote board was how it was when the cab was delivered to me. See link below for details of the issue. I've deduced it's not the pots - rather, it's most likely the remote board itself that needs replaced.
  • The LCD marquee works but does not have the daughter board that it needs to display the games/camera.
  • Had to slightly bend the back frame to loosen the monitor access panel which got logged in the inside of the cab when it was shipped to me. It’s not terrible, and the access panel stays in place just fine, but it will not lock now. Can be fixed, but I'm not the guy to try to do this.
  • Everything else is in tip-top shape and works and looks great. No huge dents or scrapes, controls and CP are awesome, and no rust anywhere. It really is in great shape overall - just fix the monitor issue and it will be good as almost new.
  • Also includes a spare full cap kit and replacement 5v pots for the remote board from Arcade Parts & Repair.
  • Includes two Ikea stools that work perfectly with this cab.
LOCAL PICK UP ONLY - I Will Not Ship: I just don’t have the time or energy for a project right now and I’d rather this go to a good home with somebody who wants to put the time and energy into it. Because this is local only, I also plan on putting this up on Craigslist, Facebook, and VAPS after offering it to you folks for one week before I venture out. Will need to move cab from my basement, so bring a friend and a truck. I’ll help move the cab – it won’t be too bad, and can be done with 2 people, but 3 will definitely be a safer bet on my stairs. I live about 20 minutes east of downtown Cincinnati.

Trades:
I'm not much into trades usually, but there are some PCBs and MVS carts I'm after: Twinkle Star Sprites, MAYBE a Killer Instinct 1 with CF, and a few others. Will only accept trades from long-time or members with positive trade feedback. If you have some stuff for trade, feel free to throw me a PM and I'll let you know.

PM with questions. Thanks!

SOLD
Hyper Neo Geo 64 Complete Fighting Game Set: $1700 (I will only sell this as a set – price is firm):

All items are 100% complete NOS with all materials, box, and matching serials. I’ve played all these a few times, but not much. Details of note below:
  • Hyper 64 Rev 2 Mobo (the one with the Jamma/MVS switch)
  • Fatal Fury Wild Ambition
  • Samurai Shodown 64
  • Samurai Shodown 64 Warriors Rage: Had some mild mildew damage – safely removed the majority of it and it has been kept in dry storage since. Has not ruined any of the material, but there are some noticeable spots here and there on the back of the poster and move list decals.
  • Buriki One
Local pickup is preferable, or I'm happy to take up to a 2.5 hour road trip to meet in the middle due to the size and weight of the mobo, games, and boxes (I like road trips). If you want this set shipped (US ONLY), add $200 to the cost as there will be no less than three large, heavy boxes to ship.

20210610_055503.jpg
20210610_055508.jpg
20210610_055515.jpg
20210610_055520.jpg
20210610_055532.jpg
20210610_055545.jpg
20210610_055610.jpg
20210610_055616.jpg
20210610_055630.jpg
20210610_055639.jpg
SOLD

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I don't need any of those Hyper games but glad to see I wasn't the only one foolish enough to full set them lol

GLWS

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Hyper 64 set is sold! OG Post and Title Updated.

Super Neo 29 Candy Cab still available.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   1
it's beautiful..
in the old days I would've been half way to Cincinnati by now :timid:
what happened to us..
what happened to our PASSION

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
it's beautiful..
in the old days I would've been half way to Cincinnati by now :timid:
what happened to us..
what happened to our PASSION

We got old...haha. I have my two Dynamo cabs (an HS5 and HS1) that have been completely restored and are finally in great working order, but I just don't have the time or energy for any more CRTs or other old components to die on me. While I've become rather handy with light maintenance on these old machines, my hobby is playing these games - not constantly fixing them. There are other folks who like tinkering more than playing, though. 🤷‍♂️

If I had a space where I could set up a bit of a workshop, I wouldn't mind having a few project cabs and a driving cab, but that's not in the cards right now.