Super SNK MVS Converter from Neo Flash & Super Engine Flash

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I got a email today from the neoflash_team. They have conformed that the converter will have a cart case, and preorders open up next week at www.ic2005.com. But there is no set pricing as of yet.

Edit
Howdoin said:
Here are the prices - note that the finish product will also have a casing (i.e. not a bare PCB like this demo unit):

- Neo MVS converter: $299 - Manufacturers guarantees that 100% of new original carts are playing. I'd love to get a test unit to confitm.

- PC-E 64M: $139
- PC-E 128M: $159

Interested people can email me so that I can let you know when pre-orders open at akibagames.com ;)
Looks like you got the email first. :emb:

Last edited:

Jontra

Kuroko's Training Dummy
299 would be a max price to pay buy it but 199 sounds better.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
just looked at a better pic of the convertor, seems it doesnt have the holes that the P-1 had that made it fit into an AES cart shell. That kinda sucks. And from the looks of it you dont have room to make the holes either.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Xian Xi said:
just looked at a better pic of the convertor, seems it doesnt have the holes that the P-1 had that made it fit into an AES cart shell. That kinda sucks. And from the looks of it you dont have room to make the holes either.

I don't think you'll need holes since according to the manufacturer and others that have posted in this thread it's going to have it's own case/shell.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
I've never seen a MS5 MVS, but that boards inserted in this convertor look bootleg to me. Anybody else? Or is MS5 supposed to be like that?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Hmm interesting to bad i sold my, AES in 04 oh well.

Any ways i am satisfy with my cmvs 2 slot i got from norton9478.

No way am i gonna switch back now :spock:

Still it is good news for.. noobs though who 'are interested in getting a AES, but don't want to spend a "fortune on getting games for it" :buttrock:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
I've never seen a MS5 MVS, but that boards inserted in this convertor look bootleg to me. Anybody else? Or is MS5 supposed to be like that?

That's the solder side we are looking at though so who knows.
They look all good to me.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
TMOSteel said:
I don't think you'll need holes since according to the manufacturer and others that have posted in this thread it's going to have it's own case/shell.

do you think the connectors are going to be as tight as the P-1?

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
I should be getting a test unit in a few days, I'll post pictures and inof as soon as I get it.

BTW: as I sold all my MVS last year I need a a few to test, anyone from NY who has MVS carts wants to drop by my place and test it out with me?
If not I'd gladly pay for shipping and return shipping if someone wan to lend me a few MVS carts.

GhostPilotDude

Banned for Being:, RACIST SCUM
Does akibagames.com or neoflash have a good reputation? I don't want to pre-order something that is $300 and get scammed. Money is too hard to get in these George W. Bush days to throw away.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Howdoin said:
I should be getting a test unit in a few days, I'll post pictures and inof as soon as I get it.

BTW: as I sold all my MVS last year I need a a few to test, anyone from NY who has MVS carts wants to drop by my place and test it out with me?
If not I'd gladly pay for shipping and return shipping if someone wan to lend me a few MVS carts.

Did you test it yet? Any problems?

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Xian Xi said:
Yeah, I'm wondering too. I really hope that this has full compatibility as advertised and also doesn't have any glitches for the games that do work, like with the Phantom-1.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Xian Xi said:

Nope, I have not received the test unit yet.

Right now I am not charging anything for pre-orders, just making a list of interested parties. As soon as I have tested the unit and confirmed its quality I will be taking full pre-orders.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Howdoin said:
Nope, I have not received the test unit yet.

Right now I am not charging anything for pre-orders, just making a list of interested parties. As soon as I have tested the unit and confirmed its quality I will be taking full pre-orders.
Make sure to be nitpicky with it, tell us if the slots are to tight, and if it's made out of cheap plastic, etc.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
don't forget to send me the test unit when you are done.

machfive

n00b
Excuse my ignorance - is there a list somewhere of which games don't work with the Phantom-1? I've had mine for a couple years and haven't had any problem playing carts on it. It would be good to know what carts don't work or have a history of don't working so I don't waste my money!

goingmerry

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
machfive said:
Excuse my ignorance - is there a list somewhere of which games don't work with the Phantom-1? I've had mine for a couple years and haven't had any problem playing carts on it. It would be good to know what carts don't work or have a history of don't working so I don't waste my money!
check this thread out.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
little delay, Neo Flash now says 1 month before delivery of the test unit... sorry guys, I'll keep you updated.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Superfamifreak said:
Tempting. I could fit all the games I wanted on that and still probably have 120MB spare :D

Actually, would using that bypass the region coding? In other words, could I play US Neutopia I/II on a Core Grafx?
I meant to respond to this but forgot...

Yes, you will definitely need to mod the system to play US games on a JP system (the simpler pin #29 mod). No question about it since it is beyond the pin difference, the processor is actually region detecting. And the only way it'll work to play JP on a US console without any mods is if the flash carts supports pin-flipping, which I doubt. That is possible though.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
D-Lite said:
I meant to respond to this but forgot...

Yes, you will definitely need to mod the system to play US games on a JP system (the simpler pin #29 mod). No question about it since it is beyond the pin difference, the processor is actually region detecting. And the only way it'll work to play JP on a US console without any mods is if the flash carts supports pin-flipping, which I doubt. That is possible though.

According to Neo Flash it does and you can play any game on any console without any concern for the region - this still needs to be tested and just like the Neo MVS converter, the PC-E flash won't be ready for another month.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Howdoin said:
little delay, Neo Flash now says 1 month before delivery of the test unit... sorry guys, I'll keep you updated.

I wonder why they pushed it back?

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
Howdoin said:
According to Neo Flash it does and you can play any game on any console without any concern for the region - this still needs to be tested and just like the Neo MVS converter, the PC-E flash won't be ready for another month.
I wonder how they overcome region detection on the motherboard of PC Engine systems. It'd be cool if they could.