SuperGun design

neo-ced

New Challenger
I'm gathering info and ideas about SuperGuns.

Feel free to post your best designs or pictures from other systems / consoled MVS slots ideas / feelings about the one you own

I'm thinking about getting my MVS slot something more practical than my old PC power supply...

Thanks ;) :eye:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Very spiffy and consolidated that supergun is.

With this in mind I would proceed with caution until empirical data is shown that it is safe. That means oscilloscope readings of the psu UNDER LOAD, making sure the audio is attenuated properly, and the RGB output has proper buffering for 75ohm and the like.

Even RGB who makes the HAS, Frank the minigun, and countless others didn't get their supergun designs perfect the first time in regards to video/sound attenuation. Keep in mind that is with countless people testing it and giving feedback. Something I don't really see happening here. Only seeing works on my setup ™ which doesn't mean shit.

But yeah that looks mighty convenient for JVS so you don't have a giant daisy chained electrical fire death trap.

Last edited:

DaisyAge

Galford's Armourer
https://www.arcade-projects.com/for...workshop-jvs-jamma-control-box-cbox-supergun/

I don't really know the quality of it yet as reviews arent prolific but I am so tired of dealing with JAMMA and JVS. I really want to get something that handles "all my shit" as one device

I actually passed that website along to RetroRGB. I am super intrigued by their Scart switcher and the supergun they have on there. I'm hoping he sees it and gives it the full rundown because I had been waiting for something like this to roll around before I really got into arcade collecting.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
I never got that "sound attenuation" histeria on Superguns. You can either lower the volume on the PCB or the TV/Stereo. Is that really a big deal?