Svc choas crooked label boot?

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Ok so I am looking into getting this one. They do not have pictures of the boards and I am going to try to ask for some but here in japan sometime that gets mixed reactions when I ask haha. Anyway how common is it for a original mvs game to have a crooked label? The label looks legit to me. But the pictures are not great.
747D434D-2B14-48CD-BDCB-8856EA6CD061.jpeg

E2DA16C4-08FD-4A25-A19A-95358FC01E3C.jpeg

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
A crooked label doesn't mean it's fake. Even in the best of times SNK had terrible quality control.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Well, the labels fall off and get re-glued or replaced all the time too.

My guess is that given how unpopular this game was and with him being in Japan the chances of boot are super low. Only looking inside can tell for sure though.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's most likely not fake, but no way to tell for sure without opening.

FYI, for whatever reason, my SVC cart (and somewhat MS5 and KOF 2003) was very susceptible to moisture damage. When I bought the kit new from yaton, it was perfect, but now the label is a bit shriveled up, while my other carts stored in the same location were fine. Maybe it's something in the adhesive or paper they used in these late SNKP releases.

So that is further evidence that makes me lean toward this cart being legit. My cart isn't as bad as the one in the picture, but one part of the edge on my label peeled away exactly like the two spots in the upper-right of that label. (Guess I should have got shock boxes?)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Most likely legit for reasons already stated. I haven't seen a bootleg SVC cart without a serial number. Moisture damage is consistent with original cart TP quality label paper. Check PCBs for confirmation of course but if the price is low enough it's worth a shot. Even boots can sell for up to $100.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
Picked it up and everyone was right it’s an original. The label is worse for ware but it’s the real deal so I am cool with that. Also came with all the paperwork’s so that’s a nice bonus. Thanks for the help.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, the labels fall off and get re-glued or replaced all the time too.

My guess is that given how unpopular this game was and with him being in Japan the chances of boot are super low. Only looking inside can tell for sure though.

This game was heavily bootlegged, to the point that there may be more boot carts than real ones. The boots are pretty much all "Plus" versions though (and really a better game than the real deal.)

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
This game was heavily bootlegged, to the point that there may be more boot carts than real ones. The boots are pretty much all "Plus" versions though (and really a better game than the real deal.)

Yeah, boots that are clearly boots wouldn’t be the issue here. This is either real or pretending to be real.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
This is the one game that it's not bad to have a boot of. Only bad would be if ya paid legit $$ for a boot cart.

And yeah... like Gohung says it's easier to find a boot than a legit one. Sooo many boots

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
What'a better about the Plus version other than the characters unlocked? There'a Unibios cheat for that, so I'm not hurting with a real cart.

crmb

n00b
I don't know for english ones, but many jp carts have crooked labels.
I have seen a lot of wrap on japanese MOTW, MSX, MS3. Many japanese MOTW labels seems water damaged/reglued too.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
The four SNK Playmore releases are basically manufactured by a new company, so the cartridges don't really follow the normal conventions.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
What'a better about the Plus version other than the characters unlocked? There'a Unibios cheat for that, so I'm not hurting with a real cart.
Pretty positive certain versions of svc plus actually have character rebalancing and other frame fixes and stuff. The best version is the one that flashes PLUS in red at the start screen IIRC.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Pretty positive certain versions of svc plus actually have character rebalancing and other frame fixes and stuff. The best version is the one that flashes PLUS in red at the start screen IIRC.
True, the plus versions also have some fixes for balancing and ease of use. I actually think the one that has SUPER PLUS flashing in blue at the start might be the best one.

The one that also has the most complete character select screen. UniBios code lacks the portraits entirely and only available in AES mode.
svcsuperplus.png

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna stick with the real game, but I'll give that a try.