SVC VS CHAOS BOOT

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
SVC VS CHAOS BOOT

NOTE>
I KNOW THIS IS A BOOT AND IN NO WAY AM I DOWNING THE SELLER..I BOUGHT IT AS A BOOT.

I LOVE THE GAME,I WANT TO GET IT WORKING RIGHT.

The problem I'm having with it is..
I can't get it in the 4 slot mobo...The PCBs are too Wide at the contact area..,..I cleaned the contacts and tried to put the pcbs in the mobo by themselves but they won't go in..they stop at the edges.
I placed the game pcb up against a power Spikes II and the SVC boards are wider by like 1mm
I can't get them in the Power Spikes II pcb seperator so I know thay are too wide.

Filing the edges 0.5mm each side of the pcb edges/the excess pcb material where the contacts are .at.I can then get the game in the mobo(forced) but it's so tight..in slot 1 and 4 ...
In slot 1 and 4 I get no sound or it knocks the sound out in the mobo entirely..
switched the games around,no change..cleared the Back Up Ram Memory..
With the Game in Slot 3 the sound stays on but I'm getting chirps..All of a sudden you hear something out of the ordinary louder then normal.

back to slot 4..It won't show up in software set up..
Tried it again and only slot 1 and 2 show up..Take it out,back to slot 3

Changed the case,same thing..

I finally get the game working enough to play it (when company came over) but upon playng it the screen washes out to a Green sometimes or red....Whoa,what..

I took the game out and the cabs been on for over and hour with my regular games and it's running fine..no screen color problems.

Should I file the pcb edges another 0.5mm to make it fit in the mobo smoother..?

This is Talent..

Wow the work it took to make this boot is incredible...The bottom board has chips on both sides..
SVCVSCHOAS003.jpg

SVCVSCHOAS004.jpg

SVCVSCHOAS005.jpg

SVCVSCHOAS006.jpg

SVCVSCHOAS007.jpg

SVC Edge to POWER SPIKES II edge
SVCVSCHOAS008.jpg

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I set it up to just play this game...And my Son WHOOPED my brother in laws ass using Terry

The screen went Grrem then red but my brother in law didn't know the difference

SVCVSCHOAS014.jpg

SVCVSCHOAS015.jpg

those edge pins are all ground, they are even interconnected.

safe spots to take down another 0.5 mm

just take the same amount on both sides.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Sorry to be that guy, but I have to ask, why don't you have a legit cart? You're the kind of guy I'd expect to own one.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sorry to be that guy, but I have to ask, why don't you have a legit cart? You're the kind of guy I'd expect to own one.

:buttrock:

I actually did...I got into other things and sold it with other games not giving the game any real play time.
Ihad bought the PCB Kit when it first came out but it was a Pain to take in and out of the cab so I sold it to..

Lately I've been getting back into the Neo..and want to try games again that I had..
But right now as I'm still into other things I don't want to shell out the price of a legit cart..
What do they run today?

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
those edge pins are all ground, they are even interconnected.

safe spots to take down another 0.5 mm

just take the same amount on both sides.

I took down the sides tonight with my Dremel and now the cart fits way smoother into the Mobo..

I haven't ran it enough yet to see if it changed any of it's problems yet..
Will do that tomorrow.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I had to do the same thing to my SVC Plus boot. I actually like that version more so then the original.

-DZ

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,

Thanks for being that guy..:buttrock:

Due to the fact that this boot doesn't work right..

I am now on the Hunt for a Legit Cart..

I need to just stop buying boots..

What would I be looking to spend for a Legit Cart.?

Looking through my stuff I found two sets of Movelists and Artwork for the game(that was for the legit copy i used to have.
I tried the game again last night and it just messes with my machine too much..My Son wanted to play it so we popped it in the cab.
Last night the backgrounds just kept popping from green to blue to pink(flickering clors) and or show breaking up lines..I tried to click some pictures..I'm going to make a video soon.

..My Son was using Tewrry and when he's hit me the hit sound would sound like a broken up pat,pat pat like as if my speakers were blown..
After a match the black screen would be red instead of black..I got scared and pulled the game out.
Handed it to me Son and he noted on what I noticed.The game seems to get really Hot..

Curious,is maybe the boot pulling so much power from the board that it's causing issues with the cab when it's in it.
I know it's the game causing it as soon as I take it out the problems go away.

Took it out threw in KOF 02 and we went at it...my Son really loves the Neo.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I had to do the same thing to my SVC Plus boot. I actually like that version more so then the original.

-DZ

Do you like the Plus Version more then the original?

What does the Plus have/differently?..(I don't know/just like to know)

This game I have is for Sale($40.00 shipped) but it has issues.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Do you like the Plus Version more then the original?

What does the Plus have/differently?..(I don't know/just like to know)
The main reason we usually hear cited is that it has the secret characters unlocked, but you can do the same on a legit cart with the Unibios. Other than that, I don't know if there's a difference. You know the changes hackers make to these games are always great.

As for the price, I don't know anything beyond what the price guide says now. It's probably harder to get a real one than it was when I got my complete kit from yaton in '05.

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
The main reason we usually hear cited is that it has the secret characters unlocked, but you can do the same on a legit cart with the Unibios. Other than that, I don't know if there's a difference. You know the changes hackers make to these games are always great.

As for the price, I don't know anything beyond what the price guide says now. It's probably harder to get a real one than it was when I got my complete kit from yaton in '05.

Thank you Alec..:buttrock:

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
if you have a retail license you can get them closer to wholesale prices. Downside is the order has to be hella huge..

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
Thanks for being that guy..:buttrock:

Due to the fact that this boot doesn't work right..

I am now on the Hunt for a Legit Cart..

I need to just stop buying boots..

What would I be looking to spend for a Legit Cart.?

Hey Chris. The Digital Press video game store up in north Jersey had a SVC chaos kit right on the shelf for $60. I saw it there about a week ago. Give them a call.

http://www.digitpress.com/store/