System16.com is gone!

jtslade

Kuroko's Training Dummy
has anyone else noticed that www.system16.com the arcade museum and reference site is gone.

"The domain system16.com has expired. If you owned this domain, please contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance. "

It has tons of info on arcade games and boards for every system there ever was.

Murray

Akari's Big Brother
I've been known to forget and let one or two of mine expire for a week or two. Hopefully they'll remember and get that taken care of. It's only been down since the 6th according to the whois info.

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
I sure hope so. Ive been there a bunch of times over the years. always been a good source of info.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
i really hope they renew it...

that is by far one of the best sites for info on arcade boards.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
it happens all the time ,but you think he would have learned by now.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I saw this a few days ago. It happened not that long ago and I made a thread about it in arcade central, within a week it was back up.

Hope it's not down for long, it's one of the best resources on the net.

AirRaid

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I noticed too. That site is extremely useful & helpful for its info on arcade boards.

I hope they don't let it go and lose all the info forever. Hopefully the site owner is aware of this by now....

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I think the site is pretty scant on info.

Every time I used the google to find out something, I would always end up at system16. And I never found what I was looking for.

lordnikon

Another Striker
In Windows navigate to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Then drag a file called "hosts" into notepad.

Copy the following into the end of the file:

Code:
216.144.214.105 system16.com
216.144.214.105 www.system16.com

Hit save.

Open http://www.system16.com in web browser.

Enjoy!

They lost the domain, but the content is still being hosted. It just isn't attached to a specific domain. So what you do is follow the instructions above to resolve the domain yourself, rather than your ISP resolving it to whoever currently has control over it.

I made a complete archive of the system16 site as well. So if it ever gets shutdown forever, all is not lost ;)

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
has anyone else noticed that www.system16.com the arcade museum and reference site is gone.

"The domain system16.com has expired. If you owned this domain, please contact your domain registration service provider for further assistance. "

It has tons of info on arcade games and boards for every system there ever was.
That sucks, System16.com was a good site. It had a lot of good info on lots of different arcade systems.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If he needs money for the site to stay up for the next 3 years then maybe we can work something out.

Neist

n00b
If he needs money for the site to stay up for the next 3 years then maybe we can work something out.

Yeah, I noticed the site was down a few days ago.

I know I'd be willing to throw some money in the pot. That site isn't really replaceable with anything else out there. :(

I guess there's always the Web Archive.

DeadPixels

Beast Buster
That really sucks. System16 was a great resource for the community and definitely a site I've spent a ton of ours on over the past year. Hopefully something can be done to get the site up and running again.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya, I was gonna send him some pics for certain games that were missing or had bad screenshots.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
In Windows navigate to:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Then drag a file called "hosts" into notepad.

Copy the following into the end of the file:

Code:
216.144.214.105 system16.com
216.144.214.105 www.system16.com

Hit save.

Open http://www.system16.com in web browser.

Enjoy!

They lost the domain, but the content is still being hosted. It just isn't attached to a specific domain. So what you do is follow the instructions above to resolve the domain yourself, rather than your ISP resolving it to whoever currently has control over it.

I made a complete archive of the system16 site as well. So if it ever gets shutdown forever, all is not lost ;)

does this still work?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Apparently so I guess he's paying yearly. We should chip in for a 3/5 year term.

Neist

n00b
Especially if it's just the domain, and if the fix listed earlier still works, I imagine it has to just be the domain.

5 years of a domain is.. $50? Even on the extreme high end?