Taito Egret II Mini

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
As it turns out, I am in fact apparently retarded, as it dawned on me that having multiple USB ports might not all work the same. Checked it again tonight and yeah, they're separated to individual player outs, not just universal ports. The one that's closest to the left side, when facing the unit at least, actually activates as 2P for most games (but not all, some are universal, oddly).

So anyway, my bad on the basics of whether it work right or not (mostly, I could not, for the life of me, get the continue function to work on Arkanoid 1 still), but I also still wouldn't really recommend it based on a few hours' play tonight. The biggest positive, by far, is playing the few games that are there with a proper control method. Dunno how many times I played ports of Arkanoid over the years or similar and lamented trying to use a controller to do so, having an actual paddle is very cool. Same for bowling and maybe one or two of the other games.

Negatives, though - build quality makes a bad impression IMO. The trackball and paddle themselves are nice, feel very sturdy and work well, but the heft of the controller as a whole doesn't match what it looks like, it's too light, doesn't have a premium feel to it like it looks like it should. And the biggest drawback is the game list. Just not great at all. Sylvalion is a cool idea that doesn't work well, the Arkanoids are fun but very similar to each other obviously, though I gotta admit I could play Cameltry for quite a while.

Not as much a hard thumbs down as more of a meh, grab it if you just can't resist.
Do you have the joystick controller? I was pleasantly surprised with it's quality. It has a nice weight to it and everything. Surprised that this other controller isn't up to par. We'll see if I can resist indefinitely lol

Sylvalion looks fun but frustrating and impossible to actually play as well.

Reactions: jro

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I've read it's gonna be heavy on quiz games. (fart noise)

But Night Striker looks to be a given, so that's awesome.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Do you have the joystick controller? I was pleasantly surprised with it's quality. It has a nice weight to it and everything. Surprised that this other controller isn't up to par. We'll see if I can resist indefinitely lol

Sylvalion looks fun but frustrating and impossible to actually play as well.
jro is retarded is generally a correct answer.

YES I'm gonna spend the $ on the joystick until then eh I suppose.

edit that's not supposed to sound mean I do love you all. Fuck.

edit: FUCK!!

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I assume this is just an SD card and not a second machine (or maybe both options).

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Does anyone know of any shops with preorder for Arcade Memories Vol. 2 (just the game) other than Amazon Japan? They want nearly $80 for shipping, which is retarded. I don't remember them doing that before. Anyone else selling these?

Edit: gonna try Rakuten out

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Taito EGRET Ⅱ Mini - Paddle and Trackball Game Expansion Set - Compatible with Taito Egret Ⅱ Mini Arcade Machine – Included 10 Games More https://a.co/d/02jkMOa

On sale again