Taito Stools Group Buy - interest? Bay Area CA

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Last time I did a stools buy they ended up at around $100 each after factoring in the shipping and fees from Taito.

They were all scooped up by people in the Bay Area, as shipping is likely pretty pricey to get them out to other states. (Large size, don’t break down)

However, I’m willing to help out other NeoGeo peeps by shipping if you want to figure that out and foot the bill.

Any interest, Bay Area or beyond? I’m gathering an interest list before I start putting together any orders. It’ll be a couple weeks before I order.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
fwiw the stools are about $140 each now with current rates (I just imported 2 sets of 10 in the past few months).

If you are ordering the 48cm stools (Vewlix height) please put me down for one!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Are these the ones with the red velour pads? If so, I'd be down for one, so long as it isn't sacrilege to use it with a Sega cab.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I was definitely going to get the 48cm Vewlix height, and was considering another crate of the 43 to round out my setup. (I let 300wins snag too many from the box last time!)

I’d be super down for the red velour! That shit goes with EVERYTHING, so no shame rocking it with a Sega cab Jibbs. It’s really likely they’ll be the black pleather ones though.

That’s unfortunate news about the increased price, Falcon! But thanks for the heads up.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Taito confirmed, $140+ for the 43cm, and a whopping $215+ for the 48cm. (Price to get these to my door) (There is one less stool in a carton for the 48cm, making the price higher.)

Huge price increase because they changed their shipping and handling company they use for overseas orders. Good news is it would likely arrive faster than the “slow, cheap” shipping of previous years.

I’m going to still be compiling a list of interested people, and probably reaching out to other forums. But fuck, these are gettin $$$$.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
43cm is the desired height for most candy cabs, right? I'm still in for one at $140, as long as you're cool with local pick-up. Try to make then send you velour ones!

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
I'd be in for a 43cm leather top one. Would consider velour if leather isn't available

Timorous Scott

Raiden's Valet
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Bump
I'm looking for 2-4 43cm leather top if anyone is selling used or looking to do another group buy.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Rancor has also been doing group buys of these on AO.

They are 300 shipped for three 43cm stools iirc, definitely the cheapest way to get these now but you'll be looking at slow boat shipping that way.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Rancor has also been doing group buys of these on AO.

They are 300 shipped for three 43cm stools iirc, definitely the cheapest way to get these now but you'll be looking at slow boat shipping that way.

Yep if you can wait it's the better deal.

The stools themselves are actually quite cheap, around $50 each. What stings us in the US is that Taito will only ship one method that equals about $100 per stool ($140-160 total after bank transfer fees). Being in Japan, Rancor has the advantage of taking the shipments locally for far less and then sending them out SAL (which Taito won't do).