Taito Type X/X+/X2/X3 owners club

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Gonna split some hairs here: The X3 (i-series) is a beefed up X2 (P4~C2D), with a few new pieces of hardware.

Both X3 and X2 both use the NES system. ULTRA was back ported from X3 to X2 by CAPCOM to take advantage of the NES digital download distribution method.

Both versions of ULTRA play the same: No difference.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Upgraded my CPU to an E6700 Core 2 Duo today, works great! :D
Since i'm also rocking 4GB of DDR 800 RAM, all I need to do is upgrade the gpu to something a little more fancy than the stock Elsa 7900GS.

Also, what's this "Fast IO" look like?

E2208683-C2CB-4D22-88AA-920897D7CAC9_zps3xqxd5yi.jpg

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
I'll take some close up pics of my FIO and Universal Conversion Board later tonight and post up.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
If you have more than one of the same game, are the dongles interchangeable?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Why can't I play certain games w/ multi drive? They load, but won't coin up.

Chaos Breaker works.

All the SNK games, won't coin up.

I'm using the multi that requires a mouse, on a net city that has coin mech removed...I coin up via service button panel.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Dongles check the drive for both the MD5 signature and HDD serial. They are not interchangeable out of the box.

The loader checks the hdd and md5 of the game.exe. the key for the encrypted virtual disk is stored on the dongle.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Why can't I play certain games w/ multi drive? They load, but won't coin up.

Chaos Breaker works.

All the SNK games, won't coin up.

I'm using the multi that requires a mouse, on a net city that has coin mech removed...I coin up via service button panel.

Junk that multi and make one from Niko's multi. It works like a champ and you don't get all those coin errors in SNK games.
FYI - X1 games (KOF 98, Chaos Breakers, etc) look terrible in a Vewlix.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Installed an SSD (120 gb) and 4 GB of ram that I had laying around. I'll probably install a C2D (e6700) soon.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
I have an X2 too!!!!

I also got a Core 2 Duo for 8€. Is there any readon to upgrade?

The X2 is really loud. Its really, really loud. Any options here?

Mine came with the Arcade Mode Bio Multi disk. So far I have only tryed Deathsmiles 2. Is that a good multi or should I get something else? Something with street fighter ultra?

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
So got another TX3 game set last night called Lord of Vermillion 3. The reason I got the game was that I have not seen any other game like it in the Type X family. The game actually has two pieces of operation, a game drive listed as "MAIN" and a game drive listed as "SATELLITE". So it seems that one of the drives is a central home unit and the rest are piggy backing off of it as slaves. It will be really interesting to see once the game arrives in the next month. I'll definitely post pics of the drives and security keys.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I have an X2 too!!!!

I also got a Core 2 Duo for 8€. Is there any readon to upgrade?

The X2 is really loud. Its really, really loud. Any options here?

Mine came with the Arcade Mode Bio Multi disk. So far I have only tryed Deathsmiles 2. Is that a good multi or should I get something else? Something with street fighter ultra?

Ultra isn't available since it was a NESYS game (meaning download only).

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
So, my X2 multi is on its way from Kid Panda. What should be the first game I fuck with?

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Chaos Breaker aka Dark Awake. The last neo geo game, that never made it to neo geo.
Eolith all up in this beyotch.
2D, 4 button controls, no coin spoof trick needed.
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Chaos_Breaker_(Dark_Awake)

I've not even heard of this. It looks pretty interesting. Will definitely be giving it the old college try. Also, Deathsmiles 2 looks cool. Apparently, I will also have to post some video of my crazy Tetris skills :3

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Good stuff, very underrated game. Not sure why people don't like it, but then again that goes for most Eolith titles.

Aye. 2002 is my favorite KoF. Not sure why folks hate on the 'E.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
I might part with my X2 temporarily while I come up with funds for something else. It's got 4gb DdR-800 ram 4-4-4-15 cas latency, e6700 Core2Duo, and an Elsa 7900GS. Pretty much the ideal X2 to own. Was completely disassembled to clean out the CPU heatsink and PSU. Of course, new arctic silver 5 thermal paste with the CPU upgrade. Works like a champ.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I might part with my X2 temporarily while I come up with funds for something else. It's got 4gb DdR-800 ram 4-4-4-15 cas latency, e6700 Core2Duo, and an Elsa 7900GS. Pretty much the ideal X2 to own. Was completely disassembled to clean out the CPU heatsink and PSU. Of course, new arctic silver 5 thermal paste with the CPU upgrade. Works like a champ.

Let me know.