Taito Type X/X+/X2/X3 owners club

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Good stuff. Just for the record, not getting out of the X2 scene, I'm just trying to come up with cash quick for a big purchase. :)

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
I'm sure it's old news by now, but just thought I'd share:

I played a dump of KOF XIII CLIMAX recently.

=)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Hey just curious, a guy I know is looking into picking up tekken6 bloodline, blazblueb continuum shift, arcana heart daemon bride, and the latest kof2013. He asked where he should go and I figured some place like yahoo.jp might be his best price but is there any place you would recommend for these more current titles?

lalalanasty

Super Sidekicks 2
I picked up a Noir, vewlix L and lindbergh cab locally(Home in SoCal). I need to get a new multi for my X2 where should I go?

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Necro bump. Who has an X3 multi? What are you playing it on? Vewlix? How do you like it? What do you play most on it?

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
It's so hilarious how there are tards on this forum that shit on PCs for gaming and unironically think these machines are fine.

unknown.png

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Necro bump. Who has an X3 multi? What are you playing it on? Vewlix? How do you like it? What do you play most on it?
what's the difference between the x2 & x3 multis, asking for a friend...

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
X3 multi plays waaaaaaaay moar games. MAME, NESiCA, RingSeries, all the X2 stuff from before…or so I’ve heard. ;^)

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
X3 multi plays waaaaaaaay moar games. MAME, NESiCA, RingSeries, all the X2 stuff from before…or so I’ve heard. ;^)
my friend has the x2 multi that plays all the mame & NESiCA stuff, not sure what the ring series is but he's happy with the X2, don't see why he'd upgrade...

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have an X3 Multi in my Vewlix, it's probably the most comprehensive multi out there at the moment. Being able to play 90's stuff plus all the new sega and taito titles (think SFV, Aleste!) is ace. Adding more titles is also pretty easy once you get your head around attract-mode's UI.

My X3 motherboard recently died so I've replaced it with a modern setup but kept the iDMAC pcie card for the FastIO controls.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I have multiple X2s.

These things are remarkably un-complicated and as mentioned… they’re consumer-grade PCs.

Don’t be terribly surprised if these get the Pandora’s box treatment fairly soon with a low end / USFF board that gets dropped into a cab.

The only limitation on that right now is probably the chip shortage…

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Out with the old, in with the new. Perfect for running the X3 multi.

i3 10100f
b560m
8gb ddr4 2666

Threw away the original gt640 for a gtx680 instead, definitely needed for later titles.

With the original motherboard the FP1 connector which leads from the Taito idmac card to the front panel header provided 5v. On all other motherboards there is no 5v on the front panel header. I had to remove the pin from the connector and utilise the 5v on a nearby usb header instead.

Motherboard had csm booting disabled, must be set on otherwise you won't get any video if you're using an old card that doesn't support uefi booting like me. The i3 10100f lacks integrated graphics so I had to flash a uefi bios to the gtx680 in another machine to solve that. Bit of a pain!

You will also need to make sure the new board has a serial header as not all do.

PXL_20211120_005256724.jpg

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
The x2 I have is great on my NAOMI universal, but I mostly play 3S and SFTMTG via mame. I thought to get an X3, but it may not work with the cab. The Ringedge2 might be the only other computer that could work.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The x2 I have is great on my NAOMI universal, but I mostly play 3S and SFTMTG via mame. I thought to get an X3, but it may not work with the cab. The Ringedge2 might be the only other computer that could work.
X3 has JVS port so you could always use that!

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
But I don’t think it can output 480p, can it? If it can’t, I can always use it with my supergun -> Sega JVS IO with an LCD, but no cabinet for that setup (yet).

It makes me want grab a chewlix or even a kraylix, though.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Good point, lots of the newer titles are all 1080p. That said you can set whatever output resolution you want with the multi and it *should scale the titles to that. Mileage will vary I think.