Talk about the NGPC Mofos!!!!

Heath

, cheyne stoking
You must have a ton of NGPC's and games now Amish?

Around 150 games & about 15 systems.

I only got this lot has i dont have the blue crystal console and ive never had Rockman/Mega Man, i also sold Last Blade and one's included so im happy.

Last edited:

Heath

, cheyne stoking
No not really, I sell has much has i buy so it comes in and out all the time allthough my mum has alot at her house which she wants moving.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I broke down and bought a "New" NGPC bundle with 8 mystery games from an Amazon seller for the cool price of $55. I just hope that it's actually new, and they send me a decent color. I really just don't want clear, as I may mod the thing with a front light. I really wish I knew which games it had!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Wait, you already have 12 before the last purchase?

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
I really like Magical Drop Pocket. Gals Fighters and Crush Roller get a lot of play time too.

When I 1st got my NGPC I used to use the Nyko NeoGeo Shock'n'Rock cradle with it all the time.
These days I play it at work on breaks. No cradle... The screen is fantastic under flourecent lighting.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Did you like the cradle? It seems like a bad idea to me, but I thought about getting one off of ebay just for the hell of it to try it out. I play mostly at home anyway.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
Did you like the cradle? It seems like a bad idea to me, but I thought about getting one off of ebay just for the hell of it to try it out. I play mostly at home anyway.

Yeah, I do like it. Its got speakers for more volume, and its a rechargeable battery pack. It also feels very comfortable when you hold it. The vibration thing is stupid, but you can keep it off.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I've been searching for a new NGPC, and I took a chance with Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Neo-Geo-Video..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1279816352&sr=8-1

The description isn't very clear on what you are getting, but the seller gameexpress has new ones for $54, so I thought, what the hell I'll give it a shot. I got it today, and they sent me a complete, sealed in original packaging American anthracite NGPC! The only hiccup is that the description says "Neo Geo Pocket with 8 Games" and the system didn't actually come with any. For $55 for a new system, I'm okay with that. Now I have to decide if I want to keep it as-is, or rip it open to install a front light.

Add this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HUGE-LOT-11-NEW...Item&pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3caf1245a2

And for about $100, instant NGPC collection!

Last edited:

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
Been playing a lot of Match of the Millennium lately. For some reason I couldn't find my cart a few weeks ago so I ended up getting a new one on Ebay. It's insane how great this game STILL is. I'm motivated to finish all of the Olympic games and unlock all of the hidden moves (something that I'm pretty sure I didn't do years ago) but that's after I unlock all of the characters of course.
I also managed to get a copy of Gals Fighters and I have to say it's pretty good. You can tell that it was one of the last games developed for the system as it has a few neat little touches (like the super-finish animations) and how the entire game just feels so damn smooth.
Can't believe it's been so long since this thing came out. And shame on me for not playing mine more often.
Might have to start working on getting a complete collection. :tickled:

presicion25

Rugal's Thug
Ive got all 3 baseball games for the system, theyre not too bad. Baseball Stars, Dynamite Slugger and Pro Yakyu.

Cool Boarders and Rockman are really expensive for the NGPC. Guess they didnt make to many copies......

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rockman came pretty late in the Pocket's lifespan and was Japan only. I ordered it from NCSX when it first came out and it's fun (one of my favorites, actually) but it's not worth big bucks unless you are trying to make a complete collection. I was a bit disappointed that it was one of the few games that doesn't have english option, but I figured out what most of the options were anyway.

I have my new NGPC, an old GBA SP, and all the tools to do a frontlight mod. Wish me luck...
*edit* D'oh, I forgot to go and buy the 47 ohm resistor, and none of the ones I have in my drawer are close. Where is a 24 hour Radio Shack when you need one?

Last edited:

gszx1337

n00b
I bought an NGPC about 2 months ago and have three games for it:
Sonic Pocket Adventure - This game is awesome! This should just be called Sonic's Greatest Hits.
Puyo Pop - Not really into (or good at) the Compile Puzzle games, but I found this at a good price.
Fatal Fury: First Contact - Pretty good pocket fighter. I like it better than the Game Boy Street Fighters.

I plan on collecting all of the US NGPC games and putting them in custom DS cases as well. For the games that aren't' on The Cover Project, I'll get the UK snap-case versions and scan in their covers. (Assuming I can get my hands on a scanner.)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If you can scan any covers that would be great, I posted a thread about finishing the NGPC cover project on here and on the cover project website but nobody seems interested :(

I've got a few that I've created, but most of them have low res photoshopped artwork so the are bleh up close. I'll post a pic when I get my DS cases in.

migo

n00b
Well, I'm eagerly awaiting the NGP The Chosen One just shipped out to me :) Can't say much beyond that.

Just got it, been playing KoF R1 for the past 30 minutes, and am already taking a liking to Terry and Iori. Also I'm pleasantly surprised that while I'm not sure what the combos in the manual do, I can at least follow the instructions in the Japanese manual rather than working purely by trial and error.

gszx1337

n00b
If you can scan any covers that would be great, I posted a thread about finishing the NGPC cover project on here and on the cover project website but nobody seems interested :(
I just ordered an All-In-One Printer from Newegg, so if no problems occur, I should get be able to scan in Puyo-Puyo in a few days.

As for The Cover Project, the main guy that created the NGPC covers doesn't do covers anymore. That's probably why the interest died.

I've got a few that I've created, but most of them have low res photoshopped artwork so the are bleh up close. I'll post a pic when I get my DS cases in.
I custom-made some covers myself.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I scanned the covers of all US games for my personal use. Let me know if you need any.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I was playing some Biomotor again today and had fun with it again. After that I played some card fighters, boy did I miss that game. Anyone figure out how to flash NGPC carts yet? I'd love to play CF2 in English on actual hardware.

Giga Power

Host for Orochi,
That actually would be nice. I've always wanted to play the second one. Card Fighters Clash (with the possible exception of MotM) is the best game on the system. Period.

Ami Tajiri

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I was always a big fan of Last Blade and Cardfighters on there. Man, those little sprites are so damn cute! I loved the graphics on the NGPC, and I looooove the click stick. Every controller should have a click stick. XD

I've had my own transparent-shelled NGPC with burgundy buttons since I was in my freshman year of high school, but I've been playing my brother's since middle school. It's really a sweet handheld. Even the world time and fortune-telling applications are nifty~