TEH CHAT GLITCH ON iPHONE 12 (perhaps others...a bunch of us had the same tonight.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
This happens intermittently w/ Safari browsing.
prompted to sign in, even when already signed in.
Clicking the prompt, populates the ‘chat rectangle’ w/ user name, and on the surface...reads like folks are spamming chat.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Definitely not a glitch. This is a complex trolling heist against Rot. You're telling me that 4 or 5 members within like 10 - 30 minutes did the same exact thing on Safari mobile? I was there

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Don't axe chat, just promote me from Supervising Chat Mod to Senior Chat Mod

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Dunno about that glitch but this consistently fails to load posts on my end, including my own, sometimes I have to refresh the whole forum home page to see new stuff.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Chat adds to the site. I see no purpose in removing it, especially when Shawn wanted this specific chatbox.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Yeah, could be a good idea to just axe chat altogether.
I’m not complaining; M_M asked me to make this thread, so that I could attach a screen shot of the glitch.

Simple work around:
1) folks to be made aware of it, so no one thinks people are just typing their names into the chat rectangle, and bailing (spam)

2) once folks are aware of it; don’t automatically sign in when prompted...ignore the prompt *unless* you are actually signed out.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Definitely not a glitch. This is a complex trolling heist against Rot. You're telling me that 4 or 5 members within like 10 - 30 minutes did the same exact thing on Safari mobile? I was there
I’ve known Rot longer than you, and there has never been a cross word between he and me. There is no attempt to troll anyone here.
You can’t admit that your dead kids tumblr was wrong; whatever. But- wether you admit it or not...you are *wrong* about this.

CORY was there also, and yes the names that popped instantly into chat, all in a row, in succession...including mine...and can vouch.

see screen shot in my OP.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I’ve known Rot longer than you, and there has never been a cross word between he and me. There is no attempt to troll anyone here.
You can’t admit that your dead kids tumblr was wrong; whatever. But- wether you admit it or not...you are *wrong* about this.

CORY was there also, and yes the names that popped instantly into chat, all in a row, in succession...including mine...and can vouch.

I was there too. Extreme trolling to the highest caliber occurred unlike any before seen on this very serious forum for serious chat discussions about serious video gaming related business. I was appalled.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

Rot made the entire “post your username in chat” thing a taboo. You seriously can’t tell me that every one of those members all made the exact same mistake using the same browser at the same time. You don’t even know what phones/browsers they use. I know I just repeated what Sylvie said, but she’s dead on. Members were having some laughs.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OOHHH... Escalated to Axe Chat & Rot posting... Love it...

However, as it stands getting rid of the chat function... prob could be used in the same sentence as getting rid of the tech or markets... pretty much not gonna happen...

I will confess tho, I am going to be more active posting on the forums just to see what happens... Why the fook not...

xROTx

PS. As for the recent more recent "Axe Rot" shite... I never once asked for anyone to be axed... all I want is a forum that members feel they can actually play in... which means a more tolerant approach to certain differences of opinion...

It just happens that the members concerned are both Admins and the convo is how I like it... public and not stealth... as it concerns the basics of how the forum is run... and so should be open to all to comment on...

Reminds me greatly of the Bobak situ before he left... Rest assured... I won't leave of my own free will... (Unless I get run over by a bus or something...)....

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
No one that matters cares, Rot.
That's the main issue Chaz...

I matter... hence, if I care... it makes a difference...

I'm not here to usurp your position here but if facts be facts... You , Tak and I are the main Admins here with equal admin rights... and rep...

I do NOT want our memberbase diluted due to stuff that shouldn't matter... j0e8 has not even bothered trying to contribute...

And no matter what you think... the fucker at least made an effort to login... unlike some of our "oldtymers"....

NOW... i appreciate that Tak and I are friends... and we are not ganging up on you...

BUT sometimes, you just don't see the wood for the trees and like me are stubborn as fuck...

xROTx

PS. I am currently busy with real life stuffs but make no doubt about it... i will always be here... and will always consider you my friend...

Just FFS Chaz... let the guys be until something dumb happens...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
He complained about chat being dead, I removed chat from his privs.

Guess who’s not complaining about chat being dead anymore

No need for the rest of your self important puffery.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
He complained about chat being dead, I removed chat from his privs.

Guess who’s not complaining about chat being dead anymore

No need for the rest of your self important puffery.
Ugh Chaz....

Don't deflect man... the issue is that members are getting destroyed over stuff that means fook all....

Politics (which killed a lot of our memberbase)... dumb stuff with shit posting... bah de blah....

I am not saying I am perfect but in terms of discipline... I admit, I sorta nuked Filthyrears account for constantly complaining about the new forum... there's multiple reasons I did this... but the main one was Mousey and co. were breaking their hearts for this forum and there was no need to keep whining...

Also, I had mentioned the place was a work in progress... but some idiots always like to push the boat...

xROTx

PS. As for the implication of self important boasting... fact is... I have as much pull around here as you...

However, you will always be in my view senior mod... but make no mistake about it... you aint perfect Chaz...

NONE of us are...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Ugh Chaz....

Don't deflect man... the issue is that members are getting destroyed over stuff that means fook all....

Politics (which killed a lot of our memberbase)... dumb stuff with shit posting... bah de blah....

I am not saying I am perfect but in terms of discipline... I admit, I sorta nuked Filthyrears account for constantly complaining about the new forum... there's multiple reasons I did this... but the main one was Mousey and co. were breaking their hearts for this forum and there was no need to keep whining...

Also, I had mentioned the place was a work in progress... but some idiots always like to push the boat...

xROTx

PS. As for the implication of self important boasting... fact is... I have as much pull around here as you...

However, you will always be in my view senior mod... but make no mistake about it... you aint perfect Chaz...

NONE of us are...
Tl;dr

no one cares what you think.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The only thing I am concerned with is when wasabi wakes up and realizes posting here is such a waste of fucking time that he'll not post again.

Well, anyways, wasabi. I care what you think. And thanks for killing joe8. No one wants to see "......." every single fucking day coming to the forums. Mentally retarded or not, no one wants to see that.