Tekken 5 dedicated arcade machine. Can it be disassembled?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Anyone know about the dedicated US Tekken 5 and DR cabs? Can these be broken down a bit for easier moving? Say, taking the monitor portion off from the base, etc?

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Yes. I have one, have the manual too. The layout of the cab is fairly similar to the Net City. If you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I dunno but I just wanna say that I love those cabs, yes I know they're a bit different but the design and the art are great. Kinda modern Midway cab from the days of Killer Instinct and MKII, just a real good looking cab with a nice button layout, easily modifiable, and elbow room, the screen is great for modern games. How much is one of these going for?

fox

n00b
They can be taken apart. I had to to that to get it in my house. The only issue with mine was the PlayStation controller ports, One did not have a disconnect and was direct wired, the other had the disconnect. I had to cut the wires to one of them to get the control panel off. If anyone is looking for one, I have one for $850 in MN. I have a PDF of the manual, If you need it PM me.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So the panel does come off! Good.... just bought one and was sort of freaking out about getting it into the house!

Thanks guys

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'm actually in the process of working out a deal with a local family fun center here in town to buy their Tekken 5 machine off of them. I've gotten to know the tech there pretty well. He's a good guy who gives pretty fair pricing. They have a Hyrdo Thunder for $450 that kind of piqued my interest, but I didn't pull the trigger.

Anyway his boss doesn't seem to interested in the Tekken 5 machine, and they say it hasn't done that well at the location. He said it was for sale and asked me to shoot him an offer. I figured if they wanted $450 for a nice big Hydro Thunder, I would see if I could low ball him a bit at $250. Here's hoping his boss goes for it as that would be awesome.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I'm actually in the process of working out a deal with a local family fun center here in town to buy their Tekken 5 machine off of them. I've gotten to know the tech there pretty well. He's a good guy who gives pretty fair pricing. They have a Hyrdo Thunder for $450 that kind of piqued my interest, but I didn't pull the trigger.

Anyway his boss doesn't seem to interested in the Tekken 5 machine, and they say it hasn't done that well at the location. He said it was for sale and asked me to shoot him an offer. I figured if they wanted $450 for a nice big Hydro Thunder, I would see if I could low ball him a bit at $250. Here's hoping his boss goes for it as that would be awesome.

Low ball, indeed. The system 256 still goes for more than that, alone.

fox

n00b
the Sanwa monitor in that is worth more than that if it is the right cab. Is it this one?
1108984894.jpg

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
When I move my 4-slot I always yank out the monitor and the glass, that makes it a snap.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Weight isn't the issue, it's size.

I got this in my garage. The panel comes off... and yes, that stupid memory card cable is a bitch. But my hope is that I can slide the monitor OFF. Not just move it up and down (sitting and standing), but take the whole thing up and OUT. Is this possible?

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Everything about this machine is unessesarily heavy. Even the back panel covering the monitor is heavy. They don't make 'em like this any more.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Those cabs are really nice, I didn't know they were super heavy. The last time I saw one of them was at the New York Comic Con. Namco/Bandai had a free play arcade and they had three of them converted to play Wonder Momo, Legend of The Valkyrie and Bravoman. It was kinda cheap, they got rid of all the artwork on the CP and just had a flat black with the buttons and sticks kept the same. They made a whole big deal how they have this part of the company called Shifty Look that makes comics based off old Namco games. You'd think they'd let the artists go to town on them but the only thing different was the banner.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So, everything is in and put back together. Cab is in great shape. Monitor is nice with no burn, but I think I wanna do a cap kit. The corners don't look as super sharp as the rest of the monitor. It's not geometry (and there's a lot to adjust with this monitor, which is a nice surprise), and it's not convergence. It appears that when I turn my brightness and contrast way down that this goes away in the corners. Like the whites bleed out a bit, only on the corners. So, I want to cap kit it. Not sure the exact model of this monitor, however!

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Is that the Sanwa 29E31S, or is the PFX something else entirely?

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Different (and much nicer) than the Sanwa 29E31S, much better picture quality. It's a fairly well sought after chassis from what I've read.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
PFX is the best thing i've ever seen. 300wins has one, we play on it regularly-it. Is. GLORIOUS.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Anyone know where I can find a cap kit for this thing? I guess it's pretty nice, but I have to say the one in my Naomi US cab is nicer. Maybe after a cap kit, that will be fixed.

EDIT: This must NOT be a PFX that you guys are talking about. I say that because the PFX has an on screen menu, but this one does NOT. It's all controlled with pots. So, I guess mine isn't what you guys think it is? It's flat as hell, but that's it.

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Anyone know where I can find a cap kit for this thing? I guess it's pretty nice, but I have to say the one in my Naomi US cab is nicer. Maybe after a cap kit, that will be fixed.

EDIT: This must NOT be a PFX that you guys are talking about. I say that because the PFX has an on screen menu, but this one does NOT. It's all controlled with pots. So, I guess mine isn't what you guys think it is? It's flat as hell, but that's it.

Your edit is right on, unless there is a PFX rev w/out OSD? Not sure about that.

What I *am* sure about, is that Rog's PFX has OSD.

Sorry, Spike. Not sure what you have there. Hopefully 300w will pop in, and elaborate.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
It has tons of adjustments available, but all by pots. There's at least 6 geometry adjustment knobs.