Tekken 5 dedicated arcade machine. Can it be disassembled?

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I recently found one of these with 5.1 playing in it. I can't find much info on prices. Does anyone have a good idea on what a fair offer for a cabinet like this.

It's a fairly clean machine, but with blown speakers and burn-in. The CPO has a few spots of deterioration, but nothing terrible.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Burn in is the worst. Even if I had a ready-to -drop in solution waiting @ home, I wouldn't spend more than a $100 on one of these.

A local Tilt has them for $300, dead mint.

Ymmv.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Burn in is the worst. Even if I had a ready-to -drop in solution waiting @ home, I wouldn't spend more than a $100 on one of these.

A local Tilt has them for $300, dead mint.

Ymmv.

At $300, I'd snatch it up. Good VGA monitor and the hardware alone sells for that. I picked mine up a couple years back for $500, has some burn in, in good shape. Decent cab and a good substitute for a candy cab since they aren't as plentiful in your area Cornerstone. The cab can be lowered to sit down height too. The CP came stock with Sanwa joysticks and buttons too.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah the sticks and buttons all work fine. I do have an extra 22" Asus monitor that I could rig up if I get tired of the burn. I'm thinking $400 max probably, since any japanese cabs are impossible to find on the gulf coast, even with damage. If they respond I'll offer $300.

EDIT: They got back to me fairly quickly. The machine is in a mega-plex type place, with a bar, bowling lanes and a bunch of shooting/racing games. This initially attracted me to it, since I know most places want to clear out of old equipment like a fighting game.

They say it makes $105 a week in revenue, which would be 210 plays per week. I told him the monitor would need replacing and offered the $300. I'll update as it rolls in.

Last edited:

loegan43

15 Year Member
Cool. Good luck.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I'll know by Tuesday but it looks like $350. Pretty pumped but I won't be too excited until it's sitting in my game room.

12/10/13 EDIT:

Looks like this is a go. Unfortunately, this sale has to go through corporate and as such, needs a sales tax applied to it. At least, this is what they've told me. So anyway, the cab will still be slightly under my max of $400.

Also, do the dipswitches allow for free play?

I sent you a PM Loegan

Last edited:

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I guess I should just go ahead and bump this. If anyone has any info on disassembling the cabinet, I'd like to get that. I have an accord crosstour, and with the seats down it's fairly large inside. I've fit an Alien Syndrome cabinet with the header in before. For this though, I'd like to keep the back hatch closed.

loegan43

15 Year Member
I have the manual somewhere, still looking for it, when I find it I'll scan and email it to you. The cab might be tough to transport in a hatchback, it's fairly wide. It's also a fairly heavy cab, heaviest cab I've owned by far. The top portion comes apart from the bottom, but you'd still have to disconnect the wiring that's run through the metal frame (similar to the Naomi upright cabs). There are bolts on either side that you remove to raise/lower the cab, just take them out and you can lift off the top part of the cab (with help). The control panel unbolts from the cab too. In three parts you might be able to transport the cab in a hatchback.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I appreciate the help. Take your time. When you say disconnect the wiring, do you mean just unplug some molex connectors? Or cut wires?

I've seen the dimensions listed as 74" H x 36.5" W x 31.5" D (http://www.bhmvending.com/Amusements/Namco/namco_tekken5.html). Can anyone confirm this? If I can take the topper off, I may be able to fit this monster in my car.

Last edited:

loegan43

15 Year Member
I'll take some measurements, but yeah, the topper should come off.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
I'll update this thread later with some info, but I thought this was the most appropriate place to post this, since you guys helped him out a bit in this thread.

Another sad news, Patrick "Iloveyourmoms" Collins, a NorCal Tekken player, unexpectedly passed away. Being a long time Tekken fan, he was known and befriended many of the Californian players, and to honor him, leveluplive streamed the whole TTT2 Wednesday Night Fights this January 8th, with goals of helping his family for his passing...

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=4702616

There's a donation link in the TZ link if you want to help his family.

RIP

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
So after going through about 90% of the deal, the company backed out and won't sell. It was very odd. I was negotiated a proper pick-up time with the guy, then no word for two weeks. I emailed a few more times, and find out he retired! So I go back to square one with the new person, with this giant email chain as proof that a deal has been worked out. She takes a week to respond saying they can't do the deal.

I called the local place, and not HQ, and they get back to me saying it's against company policy to sell equipment.

It makes sense. I guess the now-retired guy had some pull that the new person doesn't.

Anyway, I've found another cab, in better condition, but with a replacement LCD. It's looks pretty dumb, but I'm going to try to get it for the price of the Tekken 5.1 hardware. So probably $200 max.

Update on the previous post:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/01/13/tek...s-taking-place-at-super-arcade-on-january-18/

Harada, the head producer of Tekken, is trying to help out with fundraising for Patrick's family. See if you can help.

Voultar

I give zero fucks about my customers
What an ambitious project!

Quite awesome, indeed!