TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
So is anyone actually interested in how the game might play?

No, Heihachi's hairstyle has completely ruined the series.

Spin, I hope you know I am just hacking on you. You and I are in the same boat in that we are both developing reputations as cranky crackpots.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I have high expectations for the gameplay for this, since Tag1 is one of my favorite Tekken games ever. I'm pretty sure though Namco won't screw it up though.

I just hope every returning character has lots of great new moves and combos like Tag did for 3. And also that the gameplay has good new adjustments and feels improved from 6.

Last edited:

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
I have high expectations for the gameplay for this, since Tag1 is one of my favorite Tekken games ever. I'm pretty sure though Namco won't screw it up though.

I just hope every returning character has lots of great new moves and combos like Tag did for 3. And also that the gameplay has good new adjustments and feels improved from 6.

Generally when Namco introduces a new move or attack string for an existing character it ends up becoming a big part of their game. So any improvements on the current cast, I look forward to.

I have a huge wish list for Zafina (WTF is up with Tarantula stance?) but many other characters only need minor tweaks.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I like Tekken 6 over any of the previous Tekken's, though originally the idea of using customizable items as weapons really turned me off. I got over it.

Would people care if Devil Jin and Jin merged into one character who could change form? Remember Kazuya's/Devil's special Tag?

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
So is anyone actually interested in how the game might play?

If you want my honest opinion. I'M VERY WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME. I think this might just truly be JUGGLEFEST 2012

If the Juggles were long as shit and the damage was kinda high in Tekken 6 then Tekken Tag 2 is possibly doomed. Bruce and Bryan would be the most overpowered team of all time in my opinion. Now i'm just judging from Tekken 6. Their juggles and damage are just too damn much. This is all just speculation though. Namco might bring the damage down and shorten the juggles about but I'm very skeptical.

Just look at these videos:

No one is safe from these 2 bastards separately let alone on a fuckin team together. But once again it's just speculation on my part.

No, Heihachi's hairstyle has completely ruined the series.

Spin, I hope you know I am just hacking on you. You and I are in the same boat in that we are both developing reputations as cranky crackpots.

I knew you were just fuckin with me but I'm not so sure about everyone else. Heihachi or not I believe everyone has completely given up on what's tasteful and what isn't. We've seen so much pure SHIT that people just turn a blind eye and get angry at anyone else who won't. I won't, I refuse.

Just change my custom rank to "I hate everything" I'll be an angry grumpy fuck until the end.

BigFred

Neither Big nor Fred, ,
Just look at these videos:

No one is safe from these 2 bastards separately let alone on a fuckin team together. But once again it's just speculation on my part.

I won't comment on Bryan. But Steve is a horribly bad example, juggle-wise. From what I'm aware he has no low juggle starters in a cast where everyone else does. He also has to fight for every juggle he does have, most have to connect on CH and the damage potential is a lot higher with other characters. Steve's a great character and doesn't need high damage juggles to beat his opponent. D+2 with Steve gives him incredible OKI opportunities, it's not uncommon to see Steve players connect with this one move 2 to 3 times in a row.

Now Lars is full of shit. He practically farts in front of you and you get launched.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
I definitely hope Namco pays special attention and tones down and balances the juggle damage for everyone. :eek:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Lonesage I can tell that you really don't play Tekken. You may like it and mess around with is but you aren't that big into it.

Let me tell you something, you son of a bitch. I came straight from the N64 to the PS2. No PS1, no Dreamcast. Christmas Day, Year 2000, I pop in Tekken Tag Tournament and my world is changed forever upon viewing the opening cinema.

Since that day I knew what I was going to do.

I was going to wear Kazuya's purple tuxedo to my senior prom.

But guess what SPINMASTER X, guess what. I didn't go to my senior prom. I was in another state in a town called Yanceyville. That's where I was on the night of my senior prom. And I tell you what else boy, I wasn't wearing no purple Kazuya tuxedo.

You don't know me, man. You don't even fucking know.

ironish

Dodgeball Yakuza
If you want my honest opinion. I'M VERY WORRIED ABOUT THIS GAME. I think this might just truly be JUGGLEFEST 2012

If the Juggles were long as shit and the damage was kinda high in Tekken 6 then Tekken Tag 2 is possibly doomed. Bruce and Bryan would be the most overpowered team of all time in my opinion. Now i'm just judging from Tekken 6. Their juggles and damage are just too damn much. This is all just speculation though. Namco might bring the damage down and shorten the juggles about but I'm very skeptical.

Totally agree. I am a extremely casual fighting game player, but after throwing in 6 for some online battles after not playing it online for a long time, I noticed the competition was crazy. Combos like in those videos are totally commonplace now. Even though I'm a casual player I wasn't too into the fact that many players would do combos where I would land on the ground thinking the combo was over, but instead of being able to get up I'd still be part of a combo. It just felt wrong.

On a separate note we are going to have a lot of Tekken games in a small timeframe. Street Fighter X Tekken, Tag 2, plus maybe Namco's version of the crossover. 6 didn't come out all that long ago either.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
All this bitching about young Heihachi - where the fuck were people when Jinpachi came out

oh my gosh, I haven't seen Stage so fired up.

yo man Tekken is serious business.

they can add a bear.
a panda.
a kangaroo.
a Gon.
a mexican ogre.
put an old man in a diaper.
make two guys turn into devils.
and take out Forest Law (RIP).

But sir, my good sir, when they introduce a younger version of a character with hair that makes absolute and complete sense compared to his older version -- that's when the shit hits the fan.

VIDEO GAMES. LIKE I SAID. SERIOUS BUSINESS.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah but they also gave him the same eyebrows the old version always had, and that upsets people for whatever reason, too. How could they ruin such a badass and cool character by foolishly giving him his same eyebrows again? What a slap in the face to true fans that was.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
yo man Tekken is serious business.

they can add a bear.
a panda.
a kangaroo.
a Gon.
a mexican ogre.
put an old man in a diaper.
make two guys turn into devils.
and take out Forest Law (RIP).

But sir, my good sir, when they introduce a younger version of a character with hair that makes absolute and complete sense compared to his older version -- that's when the shit hits the fan.

VIDEO GAMES. LIKE I SAID. SERIOUS BUSINESS.

LOL Lonesausage it's so cute when you make up stuff and don't read my posts. LOL you're the funniest Dude.

As big of a Tekken nut I am I've noticed the series has gotten worse since 4. The style if the games has gone from cool as hell to just plain GOOFY. Heihachi looks fuckin ridiculous. I hate that hair. They should have made him look like Tekken 2 Heihachi instead of whoever the hell that guy is (Tekken Alpha Heihachi lol)

THIS.

Tekken had humor but it was separate from true mood of the game. Now it's all together.

the end.

Yeah, I totally thought Heihachi in TTT2 was the downfall of the series. Like I keep saying over and over. Each iteration of this game gets goofier and goofier and stupider and stupider. Heihachi was never a humorous character. They always kept the humor separate from the main characters. Now the whole game is silly.

I've got posts complaining about the slow downfall of this series that predate your join date.

I WIN.

Can we still be friends or is my hatred of Heihachi's stupid face strained it?

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
I won't comment on Bryan. But Steve is a horribly bad example, juggle-wise. From what I'm aware he has no low juggle starters in a cast where everyone else does. He also has to fight for every juggle he does have, most have to connect on CH and the damage potential is a lot higher with other characters. Steve's a great character and doesn't need high damage juggles to beat his opponent. D+2 with Steve gives him incredible OKI opportunities, it's not uncommon to see Steve players connect with this one move 2 to 3 times in a row.

Now Lars is full of shit. He practically farts in front of you and you get launched.

Steve is more than a great character. Even with his handicap in the juggle starter department the worst juggling I've had to date was actually when my friend played Steve. I just remember getting knocked up in the air, then when I landed I made another mistake and was in the air again and I lost. I know Raven and a few other also don't have an easy time starting juggles but I think the game would be better off if everyone juggled like Raven. Just my opinion.

I agree with you 100% about Lars though. But what you know what else make me angry about him? HIS FUCKIN SPEED. Why is he so damn fast? My cousin mains Lars and he's damn good with him and if I don't use my main Feng then it's an extremely tough battle. When I use Dragunov I have to play 110% against Lars. He's just so damn fast.

EDIT: And another thing BigFred, are you kinda worried about what the juggles are gonna look like in TTT2?

Last edited:

Reality Check

World Hero
They always kept the humor separate from the main characters.

No they didn't. Remember in Tekken 3 Heihachi appeared in Xiaoyu anime-style ending. Then there's her time travel ending in T5 where she was the reason why Heichaci dropped a young Kazuya off the chiff. Kazuya is responsible for the creation of Alex and Roger. Jin "unlearning" Mishima style martial arts as the handwave of explaining why he not a Kazuya clone anymore in T4. Sorry man but the silliness never escaped the main characters even in the early games.

bemanicho1

Ninja Combat Warrior
No they didn't. Remember in Tekken 3 Heihachi appeared in Xiaoyu anime-style ending. Then there's her time travel ending in T5 where she was the reason why Heichaci dropped a young Kazuya off the chiff. Kazuya is responsible for the creation of Alex and Roger. Jin "unlearning" Mishima style martial arts as the handwave of explaining why he not a Kazuya clone anymore in T4. Sorry man but the silliness never escaped the main characters even in the early games.

I think what he meant was the main characters looked still looked cool unlike the joke characters. Or at least that's what I meant.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
remember when EGM gave Tekken 3 scores of 10, 10, 10 and...9. Sushi-X gave the 9.

do you remember

where you were

in 1998

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member

Yes I did overlook Xiaoyu's Tekken 3 ending but you know what made it so funny? He was serious character in a silly situation and his seriousness carried on into Tekken Tag. It wasn't until Tekken 4 that people stopped taking him seriously. Anything involving him after Tekken 4 is whatever cuz the diaper took away all of his seriousness. And what does Jin unlearning Mishima Karate have to do with silliness? Yes Kazuya did creat Alex and Roger but does had zero effect on his character type. There wasn't any character interaction between them or anything. I'm pretty sure most people didn't even know Kazuya had anything to do with those 2.

SPINMASTER X

20 Year Member
remember when EGM gave Tekken 3 scores of 10, 10, 10 and...9. Sushi-X gave the 9.

do you remember

where you were

in 1998

glued to that magazine and every other one cuz Tekkken had a capoeira dude in it. And now I'm a capoeira dude.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Heihachi is and always has been the shit.

I wouldn't mind if he wasn't in the series anymore though now that his voice actor has died.