Tell me about MVS consoles.

BioMotor_Unitron

Global Moderator,
20 Year Member
I know they've been around for a while, and I've seen some new iterations while browsing the board, but I never did any research on them in the past.

I had to sell off Big Red some time ago and currently have no way to play my MVS games. What console MVS option would you guys recommend? Whatever I get I'll likely keep even after acquiring another MVS cabinet.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Xian Xi is the man when it comes to CMVS with the best image quality.

The Omega is very popular too, it's the one that looks like an AES.

If you're a rich soab I heard somebody is making CMVS out of african blackwood, he's also making sticks and pizzas.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
You have many more options for cmvs than you probably remember from the good old days. There are a lot to choose from depending on your budget. These are more or less what's available with prices in ascending order.

1. Non-enclosed (normally a side-loading 1-slot or a 2-slot mounting a piece of wood or plastic)
2. Enclosed (a project box made to work around a specific board)
3. Omega CMVS (disclosure: I make this one, a custom molded enclosed model with an aes inspired design)
4. Analogue CMVS (another custom enclosed model with a wooden case and similarly aes inspired design)

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
4. Analogue CMVS (another custom enclosed model with a wooden case and similarly aes inspired design)

I'd say stay away from the Pizza-man, he takes too much tip.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
I say go with Xian Xi or build one yourself.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
I heard xian xi does a good job with cmvs systems. I personally have a cmvs 2 slot made from a friend of mine. it does have some issues with the cart 1 slot and I would like to take it someone who can modify it for better video quality

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Xian Xi or Omega. Can't go wrong either way. Stay away from the Analogue nonsense.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Supa gun is da way to go ... so you can enjoy not only mvs..

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Im curious about this, too. Id like to see a pic of the Omega version.

KBneospy

Marked Wolf
I have to speak up for the analogue interactive cmvs. I have seen these in person and for around $100 more than some other cmvs units it is a true work of art. There is a Japanese furniture craftsman with many years of experience that build these beautiful machines that look fantastic in any home entertainment setting, and you can get matching arcade sticks if you want to spend more to have a matching set. I'm an aesthetics whore so I have to go with something that looks great, Xiang xi units are fine examples of minamalism, the Omega looks the most like it could have been original hardware, and the AI that Christoph creates are like nothing else, so choose whatever style you prefer cause they all work flawlessly on crt and modern flat screens. Personally I just have a 4 slot red cab, but I would love one of these units that I could pack up for travel since half the year I'm away from home for work.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I got a supergun from XX and a 1 slot and have been very happy. If you are going strictly CMVS, I'd go with XX or omega.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Is there a commercial website to see/purchase Xian Xi's work?

I tried the googles and nada.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Supa gun is da way to go ... so you can enjoy not only mvs..
This is good advice. Definately think about what you want: if you're looking to play other arcade boards (wheter they are dedicated ones or PGM, Atomiswave, CPS etc.) on your TV at some point in the future, a SuperGun is what you should get. Xian Xi makes those too (like ggallegos1 said)...