Terminator Salvation

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Should I watch the Theatrical Version or Director's Cut?

I haven't seen either yet and don't plan to watch both.

Should I watch the Theatrical Version or Director's Cut?

I haven't seen either yet and don't plan to watch both.

I can't see how they could be too different since the lengths are so close. Am I wrong?

evil son

Bead Banger
i watched the directors cut on blu ray and didnt see no diffrences...was hopin to see moon bloodgod naked but that aint happen im have to watch the comentary i hope he expalin the purpose of salvation

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya 3 minutes only. I guess I'll watch the directors since it's almost the same as the theatrical.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
I'm guessing they just added a few fucks and other swears and some additional violence. Yawn.

I wonder how those alternate endings are though.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Don't watch either. Watch 1 and 2 again. When the time comes, I'm going to go back in time and destroy the master reels of 3 and 4 before they are mass produced.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Don't watch either. Watch 1 and 2 again. When the time comes, I'm going to go back in time and destroy the master reels of 3 and 4 before they are mass produced.

Don't you dare. Don't you FUCKING dare!

If you go back in time to destroy the reels and succeed, you'll destroy the reels, so in the future you have no reason to go back to destroy the reels and boom, time paradox. Least if that's the idea of time theory you go with.

FormlessOne

Chin's Drinking Partner
Don't you dare. Don't you FUCKING dare!

If you go back in time to destroy the reels and succeed, you'll destroy the reels, so in the future you have no reason to go back to destroy the reels and boom, time paradox. Least if that's the idea of time theory you go with.

spock-prime-1.jpg

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
There is nothing you can add to that pile of shit film to make it better...you can take away some stuff to improve it...like the disc out of the player...

payment_due

Arcade Trading Room Troll? Well its about damn t
i saw the directors cut and it was boring. The story doesn't make any sense "oh wow people hiding cant hear a 200 ton robot sneaking up on them" and "Skynet doesn't just murder Kyle Reese WHEN THEY HAVE HIM IN JAIL".

"McG" is a shit director. also the 'nude' scene for Bloodgod is only her sideboob and maybe a teeny bit of nip but that's it.

shit movie. Terminator 3 was better and it was horrible.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Don't forget about the terminator slapping Batman around instead of, you know, TERMINATING him. :hammer:

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I watched it and thought it was pretty good by today's movie standards. I saw the Theatrical Version which was PG-13 and was looking at the Director's Cut packaging the other day and noticed it was rated R. I though there might have been a nipple or two shown but if it's just extra swearing and only 3min. longer it isn't much of a Director's Cut IMO.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Hmmm...neither.

Just watch something else.

IcBlUsCrN

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
did you watch ? i say watch them both back to back it was that good. 1,4,2,3

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Why didn't Arnold just kill John Connor?

If they control all the electronics, how did his radio broadcasts go under the radar?

If they can mimic voices, couldn't they just take over Connor's radio communications, impersonate him, and tell all the humans to give up/gather in one spot for terminatin'?

He was able to just waltz into Skynet HQ?

The AMERICAN branch of Skynet? Sure, it's sequel fodder, but if that's the case, wouldn't Skynet US send out a distress signal to the other HQs for backup?

It looked like some of the resistance was in Central/South America. No Skynet there?

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
Why does any of it even exist, since the entire series is predicated upon a series of logical impossibilities?

Man sends his own father back in time to save his mother from a robot assassin who is also sent back by a computer AI, developed in a nonexistent timeline. If the assassin succeeds, the leader of the resistance is never born, theoretically allowing the robots to prevail forever, but more likely changing everything entirely.

There's no real logic here from start to finish. Turn that critical eye on the entire series, not just the ones that you feel personally wronged by. Virtually every complaint I've seen directed at 3 and 4 can be just as accurately leveled at the first two.

The Terminator series is fun and fluffy action. It's not great cinema of the ages.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Harlan Ellison hates this series of movies.

PleaseKillMeNow

Aerobics Instructor,
Why does any of it even exist, since the entire series is predicated upon a series of logical impossibilities?

Man sends his own father back in time to save his mother from a robot assassin who is also sent back by a computer AI, developed in a nonexistent timeline. If the assassin succeeds, the leader of the resistance is never born, theoretically allowing the robots to prevail forever, but more likely changing everything entirely.

There's no real logic here from start to finish. Turn that critical eye on the entire series, not just the ones that you feel personally wronged by. Virtually every complaint I've seen directed at 3 and 4 can be just as accurately leveled at the first two.

The Terminator series is fun and fluffy action. It's not great cinema of the ages.

The first one was a great action film with a terrifying, unique antagonist.

The second was a commentary on human nature, to say the least.

The third? Well, I didn't see it so I'm not going to comment.

The fourth brought nothing new, and past all the glaring plot holes (which are existant in the first two, mind you) you're left with an unexciting, rather dull action movie which only has the Terminator name going for it. If it were anything else, Vin Diesel wouldn't even touch it.

Here's something funny I found on Wikipedia:
O. J. Simpson was on the shortlist but Cameron did not think that "such a nice guy could be a ruthless killer".[2]

Also -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_(franchise)#Cultural_impact

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bump with a definitive answer- you get to see Moon Bloodgood's tits in the director's cut, in a scene that I remember McG mentioning he shot but removed from the theatrical version.

Completely retarded scene (it's supposed to sell the viewer on Marcus' humanity), utterly pointless and stupid, I can see why he realized he'd be dumb as toast to be willing to take an R rating for that scene and a slight bump up in gore.

edit: and having watched this again, I'm at the point where I think it's enjoyable as an action movie, but trying to devote any thought process at all to the plot of the story arc is completely counterproductive. Plot holes the size of trucks within the one movie, more like the size of cruise ships across multiple movies, as have been mentioned. But the action scenes themselves are fun enough, at least.

And hey, Moon Bloodgood's tits are rather, rather nice.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Oh that's what was cut. You don't get a nice view of them, kind of a side view with bad lighting.