Terraonion - Dedicated forum on NG.com... Opinions please...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Lads... and the odd Lassie...

I have been thinking about this for a while... and wondered how you guys feel about having a dedicated forum for Neosd and his team...

The reasons I was considering it are these:

1. It frees up some of the areas that are being inundated with posts... this will be exacerbated when new products come along..
2. It brings footfall from new members and old members alike... helping keep the forum busy and active..
3. It gives Neosd a base from which he can feel secure knowing our memberbase are likely to look upon him favourably...

There are pros and cons lads.. so I'd like to have your views on the subject..

My main sticking point is the fact it adds another tier onto the forum... and I hate scrolling through so many forums..

Other than that... I find the idea appealing...

xROTx

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
My noob opinion, for what it's worth, is that it's a worthwhile idea because the NeoSD team are part of the community. However, I think their section of the forum would have to have it's own set of by-laws so that the funstering and such of the larger forum doesn't impact their business. :D

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My noob opinion, for what it's worth, is that it's a worthwhile idea because the NeoSD team are part of the community. However, I think their section of the forum would have to have it's own set of by-laws so that the funstering and such of the larger forum doesn't impact their business. :D

That would have to be hammered out if it goes ahead...

Who would mod it?
Do we give minimal mod powers to the Terraonion team so they can mod posts and move threads?
Do they even wish to have a permanent presence here?

All these things must be considered...

xROTx

neosd

Neosd Developer

Honestly, i would preffer everyone exposes theyr opinion (good or bad), as long as there is not someone hammering everyday with the same subject.

You learn from what you did bad, not from the things you did well

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
They deserve it and it would be nice to have news and tech support for their products all in one place.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
I don't think it's a great idea. You shit talk Darksoft for his digital dick wagging and giving TO a spot here will promote the same stuff from the opposite side.

Competition is good. TO makes some fantastic items. If he needs a separate forum, he should make one independent of this site.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I don't think it's a great idea. You shit talk Darksoft for his digital dick wagging and giving TO a spot here will promote the same stuff from the opposite side.

Competition is good. TO makes some fantastic items. If he needs a separate forum, he should make one independent of this site.

Your point is taken into consideration...

I don't care about Darksofts forum... I care about this one...

If I feel it would be beneficial to our footfall and possible additions to our memberbase... what is there to lose DZ?

xROTx

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Replace the Hyper-64 forum with the NeoSD forum.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
I think it is odd for a for-profit company to have their own dedicated forum area on an enthusiast website-especially for non-NG products. It also seems unfair to other enthusiast-run small businesses that have been serving the NG community for years like JammaNation-X, Windy Gaming, ArcadeWorks, etc.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Your point is taken into consideration...

I don't care about Darksofts forum... I care about this one...

If I feel it would be beneficial to our footfall and possible additions to our memberbase... what is there to lose DZ?

xROTx

I'm all for bringing in new people. I just feel that it would cause that same rift the dumb chat thing did a few years ago. Darksoft has some shit tactics and other drama associated with him that frankly I don't want to get involved with. But the guy makes some cool stuff that I feel folks in the arcade scene enjoy. I'd be concerned that setting up here as TO's home base would further paint NG as the place to go to be anti darksoft. I don't think you or anyone want that tbh, which is why a separate forum makes more sense.

I also agree with what STC posted above.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
ALL noted:D

...Gonna discuss it further..

Let's rumble...

xROTx

PS. Not gonna push this through if there's a mass hysteria along the lines of the WoW Ladder affair:keke:... that was AWESOME!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Replace the Hyper-64 forum with the NeoSD forum.

hahaha this

But I do think there should be a subjection. Especially as FW upgrades come out, etc. Something that up front says "stop asking about roms" lol

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm all for it. There should be some carefully chosen stickies in that new subforum, something like "Neosd 101" or "PCEsd 101", etc., in order to get the usual entry-level questions and answers out of the way.

And of course the Tech thing should apply here as well - no funstering whatsoever. If funstering whatsoever, German mod dude will not be happy Bratwurst. :smirk:

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
I think it is odd for a for-profit company to have their own dedicated forum area on an enthusiast website-especially for non-NG products. It also seems unfair to other enthusiast-run small businesses that have been serving the NG community for years like JammaNation-X, Windy Gaming, ArcadeWorks, etc.

This is a more than fair point that I didn't consider.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
This is a more than fair point that I didn't consider.

It's a fair point in a way but we've never been approached by JammaNation or others so far. I'm sure we could have worked something out.

What's more, the new subforum isn't really support for a for-profit company but an attempt to keep the forums tidy, specially Tech, since the questions would pop up here anyway.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My view on this is a solid yes...

Alex and his team... have given us a lot of goodwill and they sorta like it here....

I'd like to keep the forum tidy... increase footfall... and in return Neosd gets a nice place to inhabit...

I personally feel it's a win win..

HOWEVER... I aint doing anything wthout some serious discussion and thoughts...

xROTx

PS. I have spoen to Alex and last I heard... he was happy with a place to play here...

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
I'm pro towards an own subsection. (keeping things tidy, etc.). I'm on another forum (boardgames) where the vendors did get an own subsection to inform of news and discuss their sales/products - perhaps this could be a way to go (also offering that to other established and well liked ppl here), for them it works out well.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Ok guys,

This is my own opinion about that :

Are we a proffit company ? YES we are.
Are we a nerd company or a company formed by nerds ? YES we are

Are we fighting with darsof ? yes we are, but just for one reason, we never reject a war that we don´t start.

So whats the point about having our own forum here ? to boost sales ? to fuck darsof ? or to asist people ? we are not going to have our own forum by now cause we are not forum guys, we are a company developing products for ourselves and for the comunity.
Yes, we don´t give those for free cause if we would have made neosd an open source project, we would have loosen our own money while doing that and SD System 3 would not be a reality.

So you guys have the choice to have us here, and enjoy talking with us about anything, not only tech stuff but other stuff or just coment in a single thread everytime we release something.

I think its a win-win, we got a place to talk with you and you have a place to talk with us.

But again this is my own opinion and this is up to you, we are happy with any decision you guys may take. It wasn´t us who asked for this at first .

So far, so glad to be arround here

Alex.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
On topic or die...

You are NOT my fav person atm... after your chat "joke" about my mother dying...

Damn Dogg, what's wrong with you? Rag on a member all day but always leave the family out of it. That's a code that even the worst trolls respect. Sorry for De-Railing Rot.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Id be ok with another rung in the ladder for NeoSD. I think it's cool that their homebase is here.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Damn Dogg, what's wrong with you? Rag on a member all day but always leave the family out of it. That's a code that even the worst trolls respect. Sorry for De-Railing Rot.

i troll Rot everyday but i never come to those limits :(
I expect sooner than latter he will ban me from chat

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
i troll Rot everyday but i never come to those limits :(
I expect sooner than latter he will ban me from chat

I doubt it, I get the sense that he likes you alot. Just leave the family out of it and you'll be fine.

Id be ok with another rung in the ladder for NeoSD. I think it's cool that their homebase is here.

Same here.

neosd

Neosd Developer
I doubt it, I get the sense that he likes you alot. Just leave the family out of it and you'll be fine.

Actually it may seem the opossite in chat but i like him a lot aswel, but hey no homo words here. Just to be clear, one has a reputation to keep