Terraonion FPGA Direct: Nintendo?!

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Haha, k... The N8 Pro does everything anybody could ever want in a NES/Famicom flash cart, but do you TO.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
YO DATS AWESOME GET HYPE MAN I LOVE TERRAONION IT MAKES ME ONIONS ON REINVENTING THE WHEEL. THEY WILL TOTALLY BEAT THAT PHONY KRIKZZ AND DELIVER A SUPERIOR FOLDED A THOUSANDS TIME FROM NIPPON PRODUCT.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Haha, k... The N8 Pro does everything anybody could ever want in a NES/Famicom flash cart, but do you TO.
I have been happy with the regular N8 as well.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I only sprung for the Pro because i didn't have an NES flash cart, and thought it might be fun to mess around with some of the unofficial releases that are over 1MB in size (Rogue Dawn, FFVII, etc.), but I can imagine being completely happy with the regular N8 for sure.

It's fair play, power to them for bringing competition to the field and all that, but TO's track record of user support being firmly lodged in the toilet prevents me from taking this seriously at all, I'm sorry to say.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
YO DATS AWESOME GET HYPE MAN I LOVE TERRAONION IT MAKES ME ONIONS ON REINVENTING THE WHEEL. THEY WILL TOTALLY BEAT THAT PHONY KRIKZZ AND DELIVER A SUPERIOR FOLDED A THOUSANDS TIME FROM NIPPON PRODUCT.
L33T PRODUCTS FROM ANGRY SPANIARDS ARE MY FAVORITE DOOD! CANT WAIT!

Really, though, a friend of mine bought a NeoSD Pro AES, and it was packed so poorly that the snaplock case came shattered and in pieces. He sent TO a message two months ago to get a replacement. He did hear back that it would be taken care of, but guess what? Two months and he still hasn’t gotten it.

As a company, TO sucks donkey bawls.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
thought it might be fun to mess around with some of the unofficial releases that are over 1MB in size (Rogue Dawn, FFVII, etc.),

I didn't know this at first and I wish I would have sprung for the pro now. There's a few hacks that won't work on the regular n8. Maybe I'll upgrade.

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Word, the Pro is pretty cool. I've really enjoyed mine. If you get one from SAG, I can float you a replacement shell with a label that doesn't have their bullshit logo on it.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
I'm probably going to be in the market for an SD card solution for my NES or Famicom in the near future. I wouldn't mind seeing what they have to offer. If they ever get around to announcing it....

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Bump.

Trying to pick up a PC Engine off of From Japan and want to know what the everdrive solutions are for it. I know that TO is currently a shit stain due to his comments about Krikzz at the start of the Ukraine war, so is there any other comparable everdrive solution out there besides the turbo everdrive for things beyond just hucard?

Ajax

15 Year Member
Krikzz is working on a HuCard solution that plays CD stuff. There was some buzz about it a few weeks ago. I think it's only going to be able to do mono sound though.

I have a Core Grafx and a Super HD System that I would sell if you're interested. Holler if so.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Still waiting on the FPGA implementation of the SNES CD.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Krikzz is working on a HuCard solution that plays CD stuff. There was some buzz about it a few weeks ago. I think it's only going to be able to do mono sound though.

I have a Core Grafx and a Super HD System that I would sell if you're interested. Holler if so.
Shot you PM

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Eh it's just a SNES with a CD-ROM drive
Hardly interesting

You'd just be doing the drive controller in FPGA

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
A CD drive with anything was super interesting in 1993. I guess it's a grail for me just because my brothers and I were stoked and then it never materialized.

Of course it would be pretty pointless. Purely academic. For dorks like me to play with for a little while.