Thanks for nothing, Jasmine.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Here's my communication with Newegg support rep, Jasmine.

Jasmine: Hi, my name is Jasmine. How may I help you?

david: I've been disconnected twice each time my issue is escalated to a supervisor. Please don't disconnect me again.

My account is temporarily suspended.

I ordered an incorrect product and was told to refuse shipment.

When I reordered the correct product, my order was canceled by newegg. I would like to verify that my payment has been refunded, including my gift certificate.

Thank you for your help.

Jasmine: I would like to assist you with this. Please wait for a moment and let me look into this for you.

Jasmine: Thank you for holding. We apologize for the inconvenience the verification has caused you. We have not charged your credit card at this time. We have placed a temporary hold on the funds while we verify your order. Once verification is complete, the charge will be finalized and the held funds will be withdrawn. If your order is cancelled while the funds are on hold, they will be released automatically in roughly 3-5 business days.

david: I was sent an email stating the item was "cancelled" so I purchased it elsewhere.

Jasmine: Please kindly note that the refund will be released to your original payment method.

david: Can my order please be cancelled and my funds returned.

Jasmine: We have reviewed your order and have contacted your credit card issuing bank and have discovered some suspicious activity. That's why your order has been cancelled.

Jasmine: We didn't charge your money for the order

david: So has it been cancelled, or held? Please cancel my order and return my payment. I also don't appreciate the lack of communication.

david: So my certificate still has $65 balance?

Jasmine: Order has been cancelled. When it was cancelled, the payment was held.

david: And my account will be released?

Jasmine: Yes.

david: but you said i wasn't charged?

Jasmine: I will forwarded this issue to our related department for further investigation. Once I receive any feedback, I will keep you updated in a timely manner.

david: How can you hold a payment I haven't been charged?

Jasmine: Yes. It wasn't charged, just held when it was cancelled.

david: So this has been sitting for what, a week or two?

Jasmine: It is held at the bank side. If charged it is at our side.

david: Can I please have my money and gift certificate back now?

Jasmine: I said that it will be released automatically within 3-5 business days.

david: strarting when?

Jasmine: We didn't charge you.

david: last week?

david: are you just messing with me? can you answer this please. Is the money still available on my gift certificate for me to use?

david: and has my account been released?

Jasmine: I just checked your account. I show that the gift card has no balance at current time. I will send a request to our accounting department to look into this issue, And I will send a request to release your account, too.

david: If I wasn't charged, why would my gift certificate have zero balance?

Jasmine: Did you place the order in US and use a US credit card? Do you have other Newegg accounts?

Jasmine: I will check with our related department. Once I get their reply, I will update you.

david: Not at the time. I am a Canadian citizen who was given a gift card for Christmas by an American friend. That's why I've had to use the us store. I beleive I paid by paypal, so why my credit is involved, I don't know.

david: I use my pp verified address in MI.

Jasmine: Thank you for that information. So you placed the order out of the US?

david: I placed the order on the .com site and paid via gift card and paypal. I live in ontario, on the border with Michigan. I had the item shippied to a pp verified shipping address in Michigan.

david: My first order, which I had to refuse, was shipped just fine.

Jasmine: Thank you for that information. I am not sure what the main reason caused your account. I will send the request to double check.

Jasmine: I will send an email to your login email address to update you.

david: Anyway, what I'm trying to do is have my account released, have any payment released, and have my payment returned to my giftcard. Can I disconnect now and assume that will all be taken care of?

Jasmine: Yes. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

david: no, thankyou.

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
thats what you get for trying to buy a fleshlight with your secret santa gift.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
fucking hell dude. That shit needs to be reported to the BBB.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Screenshot2012-02-08at60753PM.png

just sayin'.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
That seemed needlessly long and convoluted.
(the rep conversation, not cdamm's sex toy)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
That seemed needlessly long and convoluted.
(the rep conversation, not cdamm's sex toy)

that was bobbys sex toy. i just have a good sex toy memory.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The rep was likely in Chennai. She simply didn't understand the question the way it was being asked. Hell, after reading some of that I couldn't understand it either. Though, I did laugh when you asked if she was messing with you... Sometimes when dealing with overseas reps, you have to sort of slow it down and ask them one question at a time. Any time you ask them for too much at once, you can see the language barrier starts to rise up and there are logic/understanding issues. They simply don't understand the problem the way it is being described.

Frustrating as hell sometimes. You should see the emails that go back and forth between my team and our counterparts in China. Can be damn comical at times. They'll say one thing and the very next sentence will flat out contradict it. Then, you'll think you have it all straightened out, only to find out two hours later they implemented the direct opposite of the solution you thought you'd both agreed on...

Ah well.

Last edited: