Thanksgiving Plans ?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I am going to my in-laws with my wife and children. We're staying the night and eating dinner tomorrow. I need to work from home for a bit on Friday, but it won't be too bad. Taking a toaster NES and some games so my sister-in-law and play some Mario.

What does everyone else have going on ?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
I'm going to stay home and watch football/play some video games. Later in the evening I will go for my nightly run.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Gonna either sleep all day maybe play some games and eat some turkey for dinner that's all.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
any one having pumpkin pie?. one of the things on my list i want to try when/if i ever get over to the states.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
My wife cooks a hell of a bird. We usually have her parents over and a couple of other guests.

This year i decided to have a little fun. Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the christmas season and that is my wifes favorite thing in the world. Its not about the presents, but it is about the decorations, the festivities... the cheer if you will. She is like a Grizzwold with the level of christmas decorations she likes to put up.

Last year i was in a walgreens just after christmas. they had their decorations at 70% off. i saw a 4' artificial tree marked down to $6. i bought it thinking she would do something with it next year. I saw her putting up a few early christmas decorations in the house and i saw this little tree. I open the box and begin assembly.

She asks what are i'm doing. I put on my most pathetic voice and say 'Honey.. I'm sorry. We had a really rough year this year. This little fake tree is what we have to use. We just cant afford a tree this year'.

Every time she goes in the living room, she sighs at the little shitty tree that couldn't. Her parents are aware of this little joke and have promised not to offer to buy us a tree. I'll come home with a nice tree in a week or so, but for now- this is my holiday fun.

fvLSoYT.jpg

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
You think Liquid's wife will get enough stuffing?

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
any one having pumpkin pie?. one of the things on my list i want to try when/if i ever get over to the states.

I think we are having pumpkin pie later today after dinner. It is very good if made right. If you ever make it to the States and come to or through Utah, shoot me a message and I'll get you some pumpkin pie.

@cdamm: My wife gets into Christmas decorating as well. We had to break down and get a new Christmas tree this year. We have been using our original "inorganic" tree for the last 17 years. It was pretty much dead, so we got a nicer pre-lit tree and put it up about a week ago.

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
We were planning on eating Thanksgiving dinner just the two of us, and already bought the food to cook. Then my neighbor comes over today and invites us over to her BF's house (we hang out and do couples shit with them, so this is not unusual). So now we aren't going to cook the turkey thighs that are brining in the fridge, but on the plus side I have more time today to work on my show. I'm more interested in the afternoon football game than the evening one, so that works out as well. My parents are coming up tomorrow and we're cooking Guinness beef stew w/ champ potatoes, so I guess Mrs. Jibba and I will finally cook our turkey and whatnot on Sunday. Which is fine.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
removing all the shelf display crap and completely changing the layout of my place. Going for less is more.
I used to fill every available space on the shelf with something, but I actually think it looks much better with just a handful of stuff.

It also makes me realize how much crap i have.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
We hosted my parents for Thanksgiving lunch. It turn out great, they just left about 10 minutes ago. We are ignoring my wife's family, as they can fuck off. :glee:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
We hosted my parents for Thanksgiving lunch. It turn out great, they just left about 10 minutes ago. We are ignoring my wife's family, as they can fuck off. :glee:

Hahah, same here. My wife hasn't talked to her parents in exactly two years, due to some Thanksgiving 2014 dramarama. Fucken Mexicans. I miss those homemade tamales.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hahah, same here. My wife hasn't talked to her parents in exactly two years, due to some Thanksgiving 2014 dramarama. Fucken Mexicans. I miss those homemade tamales.

Were they playing Viewpoint? That shit ruins holidays.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
nice day out, threw some meats in the oven to slow roast & spent the day hanging xmas lights & putting together the fake tree

big fam dinner then airport

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I went to my fathers for thanksgiving it was good no arguments etc at all.