The all new 'What's it worth' thread

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That is good to know about the uncommon nature of these 3 carts, I did not realize that. I picked up the other two new back in the day in the $100 range IIRC. I guess I should have snagged the newer slugs too. Is there a google sheet or some resource that has the number of copies printed of MVS games and so forth? Would you say you have seen more than just a couple of people splurging on this one for 300 bucks?? Definitely more than I'm willing to pay, I will keep my eye out for whatever the modern equivalent of a Yaton special is, lol

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Any idea of how much are SVC:Chaos and KOF 2003 MVS full kits are worth these days? Thinking about selling or trading them for AES titles.
Also, any clue on Taito's Bubble Memories? Thanks!

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any idea of how much are SVC:Chaos and KOF 2003 MVS full kits are worth these days? Thinking about selling or trading them for AES titles.
Also, any clue on Taito's Bubble Memories? Thanks!

I paid for a CIB SVC:Chaos less than 300€ a year ago (can't tell the exact amount since I bought 3 games in a bundle), but I think it was below market. Condition was absolutely pristine.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Hi,

I think I'm going to try and sell my big red six slot cab and was hoping you folks could give me some advice as to what to ask for.

20200903-200724.jpg

The cab itself in okay shape.
It has some nicks, chips, and gashes to the paint. Some of the paint on the bottom is starting to peal off as well.
All six slots on the board work fine. But there are some graphic glitches when playing. Some tiny squares appear on the right side of the screen on occasion. It is not as bad as it sounds though, and it doesn't affect gameplay.
The board has a Unibios installed, and has a keystone battery holder for easy swaps.
I replaced the EL panels and all six are working fine.
The sticks are IL. I can't remember what the buttons are but I purchased them new from Paradise Arcade.
The monitor is in okay to good shape. It has some scratches in it. The picture looks good.

The games that are included with the cab are:
Baseball Stars 2
Windjammers
Neo Turf Masters
League Bowling
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
The Last Blade 2
Samurai Shodown 1
Samurai Shodown 2
Samurai Shodown 3 *the roms have been altered with a patch to fix some of the gameplay
Samurai Shodown 4
King Of Fighters '98

Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi,

I think I'm going to try and sell my big red six slot cab and was hoping you folks could give me some advice as to what to ask for.

20200903-200724.jpg

It has some nicks, chips, and gashes to the paint. Some of the paint on the bottom is starting to peal off as well.
All six slots on the board work fine. But there are some graphic glitches when playing. Some tiny squares appear on the right side of the screen on occasion. It is not as bad as it sounds though, and it doesn't affect gameplay.
The board has a Unibios installed, and has a keystone battery holder for easy swaps.
The sticks are IL. I can't remember what the buttons are but I purchased them new from Paradise Arcade.
The monitor is in okay to good shape. It has some scratches in it. The picture looks good.

Baseball Stars 2
Windjammers
Neo Turf Masters
League Bowling
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
The Last Blade 2
Samurai Shodown 1
Samurai Shodown 2
Samurai Shodown 3 *the roms have been altered with a patch to fix some of the gameplay
Samurai Shodown 4
King Of Fighters '98

Cab is in decent condition so at least 1000 USD, even with these issues. They are hard to find these days. Your best bet is to include one of the games with the cab and sell the rest online. I would include KOF98 or sam sho 2 and throw the rest online. You have some desirable games

Last edited:

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Cab is in decent condition so at least 1000 USD, even with these issues. They are hard to find these days. Your best bet is to include one of the games with the cab and sell the rest online. I would include KOF98 or sam sho 2 and throw the rest online. You have some desirable games

Cool. Thank you for the help!
Do you happen to know if there is any accurate price guide for the carts? I did a search on google and everything seems to be 4 or 5 years old. Some of them I replaced the labels that were trashed with custom ones so I would imagine that will cut down on the value.

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much is a copy of Sam Sho Zero worth for the AES?

I’ve been offered a JAP copy in good condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its prob in this thread but DD is lazers.

Working 4 slot board, no battery. I never got around to reinstalling a holder. What do they normally go for? I'm considering downsizing to a 2 slot or even 1 slot for space in the cab's belleh.

not for sure selling... Im just wondering for now.

NebraskaDragon

GO BIG,
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
1-slot conversion cab and a stack of carts

Hey, guys. Long time no post.

My plan was to browse the for sale thread to try and figure out what this stuff is worth, but it looks like for sale threads are only saved for a month? I'm sure things have changed in the 15+ years since I bought this stuff.

I believe all the carts are legitimate, but most of them have reprinted labels.

The cab is converted from and Atari something or other. It's not in horrific shape but it is a little beat up and scuffed around the edges. Needs new paint too.

neo1.jpg
neo2.jpg
carts.jpg

bLiGhTy

War Room Troll
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a price for Neo Geo cd art of Fighting English
NGCD-044E no spine card please.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey, guys. Long time no post.

My plan was to browse the for sale thread to try and figure out what this stuff is worth, but it looks like for sale threads are only saved for a month? I'm sure things have changed in the 15+ years since I bought this stuff.

I believe all the carts are legitimate, but most of them have reprinted labels.

The cab is converted from and Atari something or other. It's not in horrific shape but it is a little beat up and scuffed around the edges. Needs new paint too.

View attachment 57875
View attachment 57876
View attachment 57877

I'd say try to sell the lot for $800-900.
The games are pretty common, and worth 30-50 a piece.
Magical Drop III might be $75.

The cab is probably 350-500, depending on demand in your area.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Worse things had happened with games converted from an Atari Space Duel (most likely the original cabinet pictured).

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
I'd say try to sell the lot for $800-900.
The games are pretty common, and worth 30-50 a piece.
Magical Drop III might be $75.

The cab is probably 350-500, depending on demand in your area.

+1 on this advice.

8bitForLife

Crazed MVS Addict
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hi,

20200903-200724.jpg

Baseball Stars 2
Windjammers
Neo Turf Masters
League Bowling
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
The Last Blade 2
Samurai Shodown 1
Samurai Shodown 2
Samurai Shodown 4
King Of Fighters '98

Would you be able to tell me what type of tube and serial and what chassis is in yours. Mine I have been having trouble with a wg7000. the dreaded fold over on right side. Mines a zenith tube but wg k7000 im starting to think i need to find a k7000a which is the zenith chassis

Last edited:

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a couple games someone wants from me but they want to offer peanuts. Just wondering what figure I should give this guy? All JPN/AES versions and in very good condition.

SVC Chaos
Robo Army
Samsho 4

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Got a couple games someone wants from me but they want to offer peanuts. Just wondering what figure I should give this guy? All JPN/AES versions and in very good condition.

SVC Chaos
Robo Army
Samsho 4

SVC between 650-800
SS4 between 300-350

Not sure about robo. Mine was around 200 but its NGF trash

Raiden328i

Not so MEGA, eh?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SVC between 650-800
SS4 between 300-350

Not sure about robo. Mine was around 200 but its NGF trash

Ok might hang on to SS4 as I said £450. Robo army I’ve seen start from £500. This dude was offering £250-300 for each game which I thought was a bit low. Thanks

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
What does Hyper Neo Geo stuff go for these days? Specifically fighting mobo and carts?

zed7

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does Hyper Neo Geo stuff go for these days? Specifically fighting mobo and carts?

If it helps you, a mutual of mine in BC sold his mobo and buriki one for $300 CAD

There's a chance he didn't sell it and just deleted the craigslist listing, but $300 sounds about right to me

Last edited:

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thinking about selling my working Hyper Neo Geo 64 driving motherboard with Offbeat Racer and around Trip RV but finding any reference price is hard as shit. Anyone have any thoughts?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Thinking about selling my working Hyper Neo Geo 64 driving motherboard with Offbeat Racer and around Trip RV but finding any reference price is hard as shit. Anyone have any thoughts?

I think I’d like first crack at it, when you are ready to sell!

;^)

I have a DC wheel hacked to work on system 32 games on my cab...would love to rig something similar for these two.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Any Idea what a near mint Magical Drop 3 English MVS full kit goes for?

Edit: Also, what do English SSVS Fixed carts go for these days?

Last edited: