The all new 'What's it worth' thread

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Twinkle Star Sprites - legit AES.

what would I need to spend for it nowadays?

and would a trade with a US Metal Slug 3 be feasible?

TSS I bought right around a year ago for I think it was $970 and shipping from Nin-Nin-Game. There used to be (12-18 months ago) copies on ebay for $1,200-ish. Now there is nothing on there but NCI boots. You have to be very careful on that one now. It seems NCI is booting everything over $500.

I personally wouldn't trade a legit TSS for a Slug 3 US, but as far as value - they are both pretty similar now. I'd just get a Slug 3 JP tho - they can still be had for $900-1,000.

------------------------------
$400 for Pulstar. On the forums...no. $250 is now forum friendly price, $325 is forum-noob price. We can be as frustrated by the rise, but the reality is they do $400-500 consistently you know where. I sold mine less than a year ago for $225 and had probably 15 pm's within an hour.

All US unless otherwise noted:
Blazing Star
Bust a Move
Garou: Mark of the Wolves (JPN & custom label)
King of Fighters '98
King of the Monsters
Last Blade
Last Blade II (JPN, custom label)
Magical Drop III (Unknown region, custom label)
Metal Slug (JPN)
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X (unknown region, custom label)
Samurai Shodown IV (unknown region, custom label)
Sengoku
Shock Troopers (complete US kit)

I have shock boxes with inserts for almost all of them, plus I have about another 10 blank shock boxes.

Hardware wise, I have a VERY early modded MV-2F that only has composite and S-Video out with a VERY early Unibios installed. Remember, I haven't used this thing regularly in years.
I have two of the CD pad controllers, both still look and work beautifully.

Would I be crazy asking aaround $1,200 + shipping for someone to take the lot off my hands or am I super low/highballing?

At quick glance i'd evaluate that right around $1,200 on the nose - but that is toward top value on each item sold individually. If the MV-2F has any issues, that number comes down and most people want a discount to take on everything, particularly things they don't need/want and will need to resell. I'd say $950 out the door is a price to move it quickly. $1,050 is a fair price and might take a couple days to move. $1,200 is high end you'll need a buyer who happens to want every item in the lot and places full value on it.

Last edited:

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0

At quick glance i'd evaluate that right around $1,200 on the nose - but that is toward top value on each item sold individually. If the MV-2F has any issues, that number comes down and most people want a discount to take on everything, particularly things they don't need/want and will need to resell. I'd say $950 out the door is a price to move it quickly. $1,050 is a fair price and might take a couple days to move. $1,200 is high end you'll need a buyer who happens to want every item in the lot and places full value on it.

That makes total sense I appreciate the sanity check there. I figure split the difference and let it go for an even $1,000, I mean hell, I did enjoy the set while I've had it and took good care of it.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
I'd agree w/jmmjmjmjmjm that $1200 might be if you sold everything separately, also could depend on the condition of some of those things. Some of the higher priced things people may want photos/verification that they're not bootlegs. For example, most Bust A Moves are boots and I've seen some w/labels that are almost impossible to distinguish between the real thing. Slug X isn't a high dollar game, but with a "custom label" people may want proof it's not a boot as well.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Do these prices look right for loose mvs carts? All orginal boards and in good condition
thanks

kof 96 $30
kof 98 $60
kof 99 $25
kof 00 $35
kof 01 $35

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
TSS I bought right around a year ago for I think it was $970 and shipping from Nin-Nin-Game. There used to be (12-18 months ago) copies on ebay for $1,200-ish. Now there is nothing on there but NCI boots. You have to be very careful on that one now. It seems NCI is booting everything over $500.

I personally wouldn't trade a legit TSS for a Slug 3 US, but as far as value - they are both pretty similar now. I'd just get a Slug 3 JP tho - they can still be had for $900-1,000.

$400 for Pulstar. On the forums...no. $250 is now forum friendly price, $325 is forum-noob price. We can be as frustrated by the rise, but the reality is they do $400-500 consistently you know where. I sold mine less than a year ago for $225 and had probably 15 pm's within an hour.

Blazing Star
Bust a Move
King of Fighters '98
King of the Monsters
Last Blade
Metal Slug (JPN)
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Sengoku

I have shock boxes with inserts for almost all of them, plus I have about another 10 blank shock boxes.

Hardware wise, I have a VERY early modded MV-2F that only has composite and S-Video out with a VERY early Unibios installed. Remember, I haven't used this thing regularly in years.

Would I be crazy asking aaround $1,200 + shipping for someone to take the lot off my hands or am I super low/highballing?

I don't think Slug 3 (either version) is anywhere close to the same universe as a legit TSS AES cart, price wise, rarity wise, or desirability wise. Personally, I thought the recent $4k Yahoo Japan auction was a little low, simply because Blazing Star has been selling for $5k+ and it isn't anywhere even close to as rare. But it's all bananas now so who knows.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Do these prices look right for loose mvs carts? All orginal boards and in good condition
thanks

kof 96 $30
kof 98 $60
kof 99 $25
kof 00 $35
kof 01 $35

Those look about right. KOF 98 maybe looks a little high, but I haven't seen it for sale in a while. I thought it was still a $40 game, but maybe it's gone up due to demand.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
ive been seeing it rise in price, think i saw it go for $60+ on these forums. Big bear was the seller i think. If i sell it ill probably do $60 shipped. Debating if i should keep it since i have the uncensored intro version and this one is the censored version.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
So, yea, I haven't been around in forever and have a nice chunk of MVS things that haven't seen the light of day for years. Way I see it, they should probably be in a player's hands than in my cabinet, so it's time to price them out.

Blazing Star
Bust a Move
King of Fighters '98
King of the Monsters
Last Blade
Metal Slug (JPN)
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Sengoku

Would I be crazy asking aaround $1,200 + shipping for someone to take the lot off my hands or am I super low/highballing? I know I'd generally get more parting it out, but that's a lot of time to get done.

You can ask but no one in their right mind would pay $1200 for that lot. However, the good news is there are plenty of people currently suffering from mass psychosis. If everything was absolutely mint with original labels, you might be able to sell for $1200 individually. As described, I would estimate $1000 if priced individually. With a lot like this, you either need to find a noob or someone that needs a few and is willing to put in the work to sell the rest. I'd say $600-$700 wholesale value on those. Nothing personal but frankly I am tired of people wanting top dollar for lots. Either put the work in yourself or take a hit and save yourself the time and hassle. You can't have it both ways.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Whats should i expect to pay for Shock Troopers loose mvs cart? I see the price jumping around alot

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are fair prices for the following PCBs:

Ninja Baseball Batman
Rainbow Island
Super Dodgeball
Asterix

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Acouple fighters I need are world heroes perfect and kizuna encounter. What should I pay for loose mvs carts?
Also I was going to buy a FFRB but guy wanted $50, thought that was high

Well yeah, on eBay. I just assumed you meant here ;)

ST1=$75
ST2=$50

Optional eBay tax of $25 per game.

Thanks man

Last edited:

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm keeping an eye out for a fair deal on MOTW MVS (isn't everyone?) I presume an English label version is worth more compared with a Japanese one, especially with intact serials These however hardly ever seem to come up, there is one on eBay for $300 USD, but would $200 be the more common asking price would you think, even Japanese label versions are selling around 200+ it seams now.

What do we feel is a good price to find one for at the moment please?

Thanks

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 96.6%
28   1   0
I know all of you are very anti against bootleg carts but unfortunately i have a MS5..What is it worth these days ?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know all of you are very anti against bootleg carts but unfortunately i have a MS5..What is it worth these days ?

AES or MVS?
If MVS I use to see those sell for about 50 on eBay a lot till last few months seems to hover around 70 or so, although I saw a whole bootleg kit sell for 90 something a month or so ago. This is eBay pricing as we don't sell MVS boots on the forum.... :-)

Dragonlee

Zero's Secretary
Rating - 96.6%
28   1   0
AES or MVS?
If MVS I use to see those sell for about 50 on eBay a lot till last few months seems to hover around 70 or so, although I saw a whole bootleg kit sell for 90 something a month or so ago. This is eBay pricing as we don't sell MVS boots on the forum.... :-)
Mvs unfortunately..