The all new 'What's it worth' thread

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Low Serial # MVS Games?

I have heard that some games have different ROM versions (Shock Troopers, ect) but aside from that is there any extra desirable qualities to MVS games that have low #? say under 1k?

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Low Serial # MVS Games?

I have heard that some games have different ROM versions (Shock Troopers, ect) but aside from that is there any extra desirable qualities to MVS games that have low #? say under 1k?

Only if it's 666

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Rating - 100%
120   0   0
Low Serial # MVS Games?

What a dumbshit. No, it's just a number printed on a sticker. Nobody is going to pay more for a number printed on a piece of paper that is lower than another number on a different piece of paper. Shock Troopers is the only MVS game I'm aware of with major differences discernible by serial. Some games have Korean releases that differ, but those aren't serial based. And there are a couple MVS/AES differences but those are different carts, not serials.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What a dumbshit. No, it's just a number printed on a sticker. Nobody is going to pay more for a number printed on a piece of paper that is lower than another number on a different piece of paper. Shock Troopers is the only MVS game I'm aware of with major differences discernible by serial. Some games have Korean releases that differ, but those aren't serial based. And there are a couple MVS/AES differences but those are different carts, not serials.

Ever the elegance with your delivery eh mad dog? I think someone should get you a chew toy for your stress relief. Lol

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
What does a complete UK version of Evolution for the NGPC go for? Not a single copy on eBay for months.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
What does a complete UK version of Evolution for the NGPC go for? Not a single copy on eBay for months.

This one hasn't really increased in value over the years like other UK Pocket stuff has. It was a $100-150 game back when I was really into NGPC stuff 6-7 years ago and it still is around the same value today, though probably closer to $150 than $100.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Yeah, $100 on my last one, but it was def. gamer shape. Prolly $115-120 for a clean one.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
Any idea on a set standard for price reduction on a PCB with a repair, or cosmetic damage? Case by case or does it seem more like 15-20% off, or...something else?

I have a couple boards working 100%, but they are not mint or have repairs.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
Any idea on a set standard for price reduction on a PCB with a repair, or cosmetic damage? Case by case or does it seem more like 15-20% off, or...something else?

I think 15-20% off is appropriate. It definitely makes a difference on the higher end boards. I had a buyer for my Fever SOS at $500 but it fell through due to a repaired capacitor. Some collectors flat out won't buy boards that are not pristine or close to it, regardless of discount. Not sure why people care as long as the game works but there you go.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
109   0   0
Hey folks. I am thinking of selling my AES set up. Anyone have a clue as to what this bundle would go for?

Everything is in OK/good shape. Nothing crazy mint or anything.

Modded home system with component/ S-video, LED power light. Has Unibios installed.
2X Arcade style controllers
The Last Blade, clamshell, manual, baggie
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 JPN, clamshell, manual, baggie
Fatal Fury Special JPN, case, manual, baggie
Samurai Shodown 2 JPN, case, manual, no baggie
KOF '98 JPN , clamshell, manual, no baggie
Magician Lord US, case, manua, baggie
Nam 75 US, case, Manual, no baggie
King Of the Monsters US, in a case but not the original carton it came in, no manual
Alpha Mission 2 US, no manual
Ninja Combat US, no case, no manual
Art Of Fighting 2 US, no case, has manual

Any help pricing this out would be much appreciated. Thank you.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Rating - 100%
16   0   0

I think 15-20% off is appropriate. It definitely makes a difference on the higher end boards. I had a buyer for my Fever SOS at $500 but it fell through due to a repaired capacitor. Some collectors flat out won't buy boards that are not pristine or close to it, regardless of discount. Not sure why people care as long as the game works but there you go.

I'll likely mention things mjmjr25 is aware of, but are factory repairs (if you know which ones are common) in that same discount range? I wouldn't think so, at least on cheaper boards. Also, some parts probably need to be changed out like the Konami custom sound chip and CPS2 batteries, which could raise the value of those boards.

I also believe if the game works like it should (and the repairs aren't Drakon quality), it shouldn't change acceptability of it, but I'm also not the kind who buys super-pristine boards, either.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
Pulstar legit MVS with repro label price - HALP!

Was thinking $250 shipped in the US? Seem OK?

unkle

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low Serial # MVS Games?

In my personal point of view, absolutely not. Different speech the several revisions of some games, but it is not upon the serial number that you'll identify them (apart from the case of Shock Troopers). I've never seen anybody sell alternative versions at higher prices because most people are not even aware of it.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Any help appreciated Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer JPN NGH Cart complete and Near mint
how much should I be looking to get?