The all new 'What's it worth' thread

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's more time consuming,selling as set your gonna get a lot less money. I would suggest taking out some high value items and selling the rest as a set maybe.
That was indeed a thing I've been considering closely. Do I opt to sell at all knowing that I'll likely never get these back if I do, and if so do I go for the smaller but quicker amount or do I draw it out to get a larger overall sum in the long run? I'll probably just keep them for now, especially knowing how risky eBay can be.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
How much a Fatal Fury 3 US AES Mint goes now?

@heihachi and @yagamikun

Assuming it's 100% authentic and not an NGF release, between $1500 and $2500 would be my estimate. Taking into account the price of similar releases from 1995 (SS3 US is around $1500-$2500 depending on condition) in the market, I think that's a fair estimate.

The US retro market is so volatile right now overall that it's hard to pin values to much of anything - let alone something as niche as the AES. I mean, Shawn has a US copy of RBS sitting on the Neo Store for $11k... which is almost as much as the current value on a Japanese Metal Slug. 🤷‍♂️ I think that's crazy talk, but modern "collectors" are willing to pay big bucks for any US game these days. Price guides are generally worthless right now.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Assuming it's 100% authentic and not an NGF release, between $1500 and $2500 would be my estimate. Taking into account the price of similar releases from 1995 (SS3 US is around $1500-$2500 depending on condition) in the market, I think that's a fair estimate.

The US retro market is so volatile right now overall that it's hard to pin values to much of anything - let alone something as niche as the AES. I mean, Shawn has a US copy of RBS sitting on the Neo Store for $11k... which is almost as much as the current value on a Japanese Metal Slug. 🤷‍♂️ I think that's crazy talk, but modern "collectors" are willing to pay big bucks for any US game these days. Price guides are generally worthless right now.
Thanks again! Yeah priceguides are mostly outdated. So i guess i will set up a high price for for FF3. The person who bought the RBFF and RBFFS, wants it plus the KoF98 and AoF2.
As for the Metal Slug US well i sold mine many yeras back for way less then it costs now, same with the Garou US.
But it was still ok for me, even thought i would get a fortune for em now.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

It really is a crap shoot, so if you have patience and mint original copy then no harm starting at $2500. If you get some interest at that price but no takers, you could offer a couple hundred bucks off to try and seal the deal.

I do think that’s a bit high though and you’re much more likely to sell at a price under $2000. A few years ago (pre-Covid price hikes across the board), SS3 and FF3 were in the $800-$1100 range on eBay. But again, pre-Covid so that’s likely on the very low end today.

EvilMike

Guerilla Warrior
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Is there anywhere to check UK NGPC values? Outside of completed ebay auctions?

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
What you guys think World Heroes (eng) AES is worth these days excellent shape overall?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
@mjmjr25 we need an updated price guide sir!
At this point my forum observations and note taking are near nil...hopefully someone more active can take that over.

The cliche "your guess is as good as mine" applies well here.

I do know Twinkle Star Sprites AES JP has tanked. Like $250.

Unrelated; i'm looking for a CIB AES JP TSS if anyone has one.

Badboy1980

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi Guys,

I have Garou: Mark of the Wolves in a full perfect kit with matching serial numbers, booklets etc. How much would this fetch? If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks in advance.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Need some help again for US AES mint KOF97, Agressors of dark Combat and KOF94.

@heihachi and @yagamikun
Heihachi may have some more insight here - US prices are allllllll over the place right now and US KOF games are getting harder to find (along with most other "good" games that were once cheaper)

For private sales: KOF97 $600 - $650, KOF94 $400 - $500, ADK $500 - $600

For Ebay - Add 10% to those prices and you'll undercut what's out there while still not losing a ton in fees.

My estimate for 94 might be a little high...

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
No clue about ADK since I’ve never been interested in that one.

Yamagikun’s range for KOF94 seems good for a truly mint copy. Depending on condition could down to $300-$350 on the lower end.

I think his KOF97 might actually be a bit low considering there’s an *insert* alone that sold on eBay for $350 within the last month. The seller was neotropolis whose prices are generally crazy, but still someone paid it. I’d start at like $800-900 based on condition.

As always, patience often gets you more but I’d think hard about taking lower from a reliable buyer since these games don’t move super fast.

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@heihachi and @yagamikun Thanks!
Actually i think a lot prices are still to low.
The person that i sold the RBFF and RBFFS pays me 1000€ for Samurai Shodown 2, 1800€ for KoF98, 1500€ for KoF97 and 2400€ for Fatal Fury 3.
Thouse prices he did offer. Maybe the US market is a bit different from the EU market.
Anyway i have no real option that to ask here and look on Ebay or Yahoo.
Crasy prices.

Anyway thanks for your opinions they are a good help for me.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Super Dodgeball MVS cart and/or kit?

I see a loose cart sold on eBay for $405 recently... any other recent sales?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I'm thinking about selling some of my MVS carts.
What are you guys using as price guides?

I've been looking at PriceCharting and and taking the averages of sold ebay listings.

Anything else to consider?

If I sell, I'll bring them to these forums first.

Below are some of the games I'm thinking of selling:
2B8FAEB0-8812-43FA-ADEF-3FB618A179BB.jpeg

Last edited:

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0

I've been looking at PriceCharting and and taking the averages of sold ebay listings.

View attachment 64413
Nice set - I'd be definitely interested in one, perhaps two of those, if you decide to sell.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0

Some awesome games for sure!

A rule of thumb these days is to take about 15% - 20% off of what you're seeing on Ebay for private sales given the 14-15% fees Ebay charges these days.
  • Take into account averages from Price Charting as well (although, I wouldn't use PC as your measuring stick as their data is relatively out of date for Neo stuff from my experience).
  • You could also take some averages from Japanese outlets like Surugaya that typically sell MVS games for much cheaper than you're finding on Ebay.
  • If selling to folks outside of NA (like the UK), take into account the potentially high tariffs the customer has to pay on top of the already expensive shipping.
  • If looking for a fast sale, a couple bulk sales with a decent price on Ebay should move your games quickly if you can't get any leads on private sales.
    • I've found this is the quickest way to move games if I can't get any leads on private buyers.
Hope this helps!

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I always check recent ebay sales (sold items) and account for condition. As mentioned, you would offer below that.