the cd game price guide

JRock917

, ,
Shawn, just wanted to thank you for adding the cd game price guide to your site. I just noticed it recently, and I really like it. I was really suprised by the listed value of Metal Slug 2, I thought it was worth more than that. But anyway, nice addition.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I disagree w/ some of the cd prices as well, but it's good that at least there is a price list for it now. Since even the best comprehensive price list is subjective, it should be normal to have some objections. Just follow it as a rough estimate, and it will be fine.

benares

Kula's Candy
While you're at it how about another column that gives a value of 1-5 at how bad the loading sucks :-)

I'm guessing KOF99 would get a 1 :-)

JRock917

, ,
I have had pretty good loading time with some most of my games, but then again, it is nice to be able to go without it.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
KOF 99 has actually a decent loading time (I have cdz, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference). However, Last Blade 2 has really slow loading. If there is a rating for the slow loading time, Last Blade 2 should take the top prize.

JRock917

, ,
interesting, and I was considering getting that on cd, maybe I should go with DC import of LB2FE or just get the cart instead. Thanks for the info.

benares

Kula's Candy
I'm actually thinking about getting a Neo-CD system if nothing more than a sick curiosity.

Games like Magician Lord, Puzzle Bobble, and Magical Drop should load pretty quick I suspect.

JRock917

, ,
I got mine simply because I knew I could not afford everything I wanted on cart, and I could still use my neo sticks with either system and still be using genuine SNK article. I like my system alot, its a us one, and I it is a permanent addition to my collection. Whey you play alot of PSX, PC, or other platfomrs, load time is just a way of life.

benares

Kula's Candy
Is the US one front loading?

You know this is going to sound stupid coming from me but the Neo-CD for some odd reason really seems... 'up to date'? I'm not sure if that is the expression I want to use - but the system is really attractive and looks like something that could be released today.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I think all of the front-loading CD systems are Japanese. There are no front-loading U.S. systems that I know of.

As for Magician Lord on CD, forget it. There's only 1 difficulty level. IMO, the game's a waste to begin with, and the complete lack of options on the CD version is yet another reason to avoid it.

JRock917

, ,
eclipse does have a point, you can get an older game like Magician Lord on cart, new or used, for CHEAP. Always get the cart if you can afford to, I say. Yeah, my cd system is a us top loader. Only front loader I can think of is the CD-Z.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Actually, everything-including CDZ and CD system for Japan is a front loader. Only thing that has a top loading is the archaic model for the Japanese Neo Geo.