The Conners, anyone watch it?

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star
What are your guys' thoughts? I watched it. I am not a huge sitcom fan, but I rather enjoyed it. Rosanne Barr was one of the weaker actors on the show anyways. Seems to me her skills got worse the older she got.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
This got under my radar, I’ll have to check it out! How did they explain Roseanne’s absence?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Why would the character Goodman is playing dye his hair? I don't buy that at all. And his tv children look like his siblings now. This must be a fun show to watch. But holy shit, the younger daughter character (who now looks older than the older daughter) actually looks a lot like Rosanne used to. Hats off to whoever was the casting agent on the original series. Good eye.

Edit: Goodman looks like he's auditioning for a Harry Dean Stanton biopic.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Harry Dean Stanton, lol.

Finally caught the first episode. Feels like a natural progression from last season. I think the rest of the characters are more than capable of carrying the show without Roseanne. I’m definitely on board.

So have any of you caught the reboot Murphy Brown? I figure since I haven’t heard a peep about it it’s not worth my time? I liked the show fine when it was current, but I never felt a need to revisit it like I did Roseanne.