The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I don't want my kids or wataru's or norton's or anyone's kids to get sick, just like I don't want you get hurt in an accident but I won't try to stop you from leaving your house to do so. But keep playing the 'lithy wants kids to die' angle, a childish argument that barely demonstrates functioning brain activity. Someday life needs to resume, I propose that is now, you don't, fine, make your case, I think I have.

I was obviously exaggerating, but I don't think you can deny that there was a sliver of truth to what I'm getting at. You want life to go back to normal, whether that means a decreasing amount of hospitalizations and deaths or an increase. Your take is that there is nothing we can do, so we might as well roll with the punches, even if the punches are tens of thousands of deaths. Let the virus take its toll on us while trudging ahead. It's just a fact of life now.

Am I wrong?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
You haven't been to Montana. I was out there visiting Rocky Mountain labs BSL4 one summer and it was absolutely beautiful...

He lives in New York State, which isn't really New York. It's just a combination upper Jersey and lesser Massachusetts.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Woah now.

Don’t conflate gun control with mask wearing.
03d7562c2af33d9d0b2e3454c58a03dc.jpg

fake

15 Year Member
Woah now.

Don’t conflate gun control with mask wearing.

How is doing nothing about either conflating them?

Maybe anti-shooter curved hallways will help with ventilating the virus.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
How is doing nothing about either conflating them?

Maybe anti-shooter curved hallways will help with ventilating the virus.

I’m just saying I own firearms and I’m certainly not in the Disney’s Bonkers “Covid is a Hoax” and “masks do not work” club.

My position on firearms has been that I don’t believe we solve the issue of gun violence by banning guns. We solve it by working to resolve systemic inequity.

That said I have advocated for the right to bear arms even if banning arms would irrefutably lead to less violence.

So maybe I am bonkers after all.

Just not anti-mask, pro trunk, Q-insurrectionist bonkers. Just a “my freedumbs” bonkers. Not conspiracy theory Bonkers.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Vaccinations and mask-wearing can benefit society.

Gun ownership infringes on the society's right to life and safety.

I've heard a lot of good arguments about how if we ban guns, only criminals will have guns, and American exceptionalism and all that.

But we have to try to find a way to get there somehow. There's nothing democratic about having the ability to pull a trigger and take another's life. It's not part of a civilized society. You can go to almost any other first world country and be safer from violence.

We have to find a way there eventually somehow.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m agreed we’ll get there. I think we just have different views on how that will be achieved though we have the same goal in mind.

But it’s okay, when we get to the core of it we are talking about a belief system, and I’m aware my beliefs differ from many. I’m ok with that. I don’t envy policy makers, they have a tough job.

I don’t blame anyone who quit any job during this pandemic. People have gone absolutely mad.

All the teachers, doctors, and nurses who’ve quit because they’re just tired of the bullshit and stress from all sides. It’s just not worth it. Perhaps if anything the sane people are re-examining their life, their values, and figuring out what really matters.

Too bad the other half has just gone batshit crazy.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Feds here are saying once we reach 70% fully vaccinated it's time to open up! C'mon normal Xmas 2021!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You should only be able to have a gun if you wear a mask and can show proof of vaccination.

The new Vaccine passport system will replace the FFL check.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Great, that will get a large percentage of police off the street.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You haven't been to Montana. I was out there visiting Rocky Mountain labs BSL4 one summer and it was absolutely beautiful...

I was just trying to modify an "Arrested Development" (TV show) quote.