The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
My mother passed away 2 weeks ago, she ended up having a blood clot and cause her to have a massive heart attack. We have no history in our family having a heart attack. She went over to my home for my birthday and was a bit weak that day and then couple days later it happened. im a bit worried for my dad as he had the same vaccine as my mom. Im not sure if the covid vaccine is related to this is just that no history of heart disease. This was so unexpected.

Now the boosters are coming out, pretty soon 12 and under vaccine. Yet the pharma will be fully protected.
I’m sorry for your loss. Same thing happened to a friend six to eight weeks after his second shot he got a blood clot in his lungs that caused a massive heart attack. I was close and it sucks big time. The big problem is that these are not getting reported and I’ve heard of a few more people recently that have had the same issue and one that caught the blood clot in his lungs Before it caused a heart attack.

UK reports are saying boys 12-15 have a larger chance of being hospitalized from myocarditis than covid.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I’m sorry for your loss. Same thing happened to a friend six to eight weeks after his second shot he got a blood clot in his lungs that caused a massive heart attack. I was close and it sucks big time. The big problem is that these are not getting reported and I’ve heard of a few more people recently that have had the same issue and one that caught the blood clot in his lungs Before it caused a heart attack.

UK reports are saying boys 12-15 have a larger chance of being hospitalized from myocarditis than covid.
They've greenlit the vaccine here for 12-15 year olds yesterday, the thinking being although medically it's a very fine line, for their education it tips it into worthwhile (avoiding all the disruption of the endless quarantines etc). I don't know how I feel about it, I'm glad I don't have kids in the age range that would force me to decide.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
They've greenlit the vaccine here for 12-15 year olds yesterday, the thinking being although medically it's a very fine line, for their education it tips it into worthwhile (avoiding all the disruption of the endless quarantines etc). I don't know how I feel about it, I'm glad I don't have kids in the age range that would force me to decide.
I have a 6 and 9 year old. They're going to force me to decide soon and I'm worried about the heart issue thing with sports etc...

There are already ice arenas around here that have said you can't enter without being vaccinated if you're 12 or over. Some 12u teams won't be able to play there because they wouldn't have enough players without their unvaccinated kids.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I have a 6 and 9 year old. They're going to force me to decide soon and I'm worried about the heart issue thing with sports etc...

There are already ice arenas around here that have said you can't enter without being vaccinated if you're 12 or over. Some 12u teams won't be able to play there because they wouldn't have enough players without their unvaccinated kids.

Same boat buddy, 9, 6 and 2.

My wife is all in on the children’s vaccines...though I am worried.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

It would be an unsafe workplace to allow unvaccinated disease carriers freely and wantonly into any workplace.

No one wants to see kids anyways. If there’s one thing Trump got right, it was putting kids in cages, where they belong. If there’s one thing he got wrong, it was not putting enough children in cages, where they belong.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Same boat buddy, 9, 6 and 2.

My wife is all in on the children’s vaccines...though I am worried.
I have a number of friends that got their 12 year olds vaccinated right away, but are on the fence with the little ones. We'll probably end up doing it, and I'll worry about it until he's done with sports and has kids, lol.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Get your kids vaccinated. A fucking vaccine didn't kill HDR's mom, he's just sad and latched onto a coincidence to explain something awful. Same goes for DJ Jimmy's friend.

Tons of people die unexpectedly every day. Many of them for causes we will never be able to truly explain. Some of them just happened to have been recently vaccinated.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
What did your doctor say was my more gentle way of saying get your kids vaccinated. I presume they have all of the other vaccines required to attend public school.

I would expect by the 2022-2023 school year that COVID-19 vaccine will be mandatory for public schools for age groups eligible for the vaccine. If not sooner.

On Oct 1. at my work we’ll be at employees must be vaccinated or get weekly test. Will suck for those getting tested as we aren’t providing the testing on-site yet so employees will have to get tested elsewhere which means long waits at the local clinics.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Get your kids vaccinated. A fucking vaccine didn't kill HDR's mom, he's just sad and latched onto a coincidence to explain something awful. Same goes for DJ Jimmy's friend.
Omniscient fami has spoken. If anyone would be familiar with all the workings of the universe and the true circumstances of every event that occurs within it, it would be him. We can all be relieved now that we've received this official confirmation that there are no such things as side effects, possible bad interactions between medications and whatnot. Whew!

famicommander

15 Year Member
Omniscient fami has spoken. If anyone would be familiar with all the workings of the universe and the true circumstances of every event that occurs within it, it would be him. We can all be relieved now that we've received this official confirmation that there are no such things as side effects, possible bad interactions between medications and whatnot. Whew!
There had been 340 million COVID vaccine doses distributed in the US as of the end of July with only 3 confirmed related fatalities.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that 2 of those 3 deaths weren't friends or relatives of people on this forum.

StevenK

10 Year Member
There had been 340 million COVID vaccine doses distributed in the US as of the end of July with only 3 confirmed related fatalities.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that 2 of those 3 deaths weren't friends or relatives of people on this forum.
How many healthy 8 year olds have died of covid in the US?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Unclear but over 400 minors have died from it in the US.

But regardless of how many minors die from COVID, if they contract it they can transmit it and the more transmissions the higher chances of new variant strains emerging.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Ultimately whatever concerns I have don't matter because what mrs moe wants mrs moe gets...and she wants vaccines for all our mini moes

StevenK

10 Year Member
Unclear but over 400 minors have died from it in the US.

But regardless of how many minors die from COVID, if they contract it they can transmit it and the more transmissions the higher chances of new variant strains emerging.
Do you have your flu jab every year?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
How many people have died of covid in the US?

you don’t simply vaccinate a kid to protect the kid, but to protect everyone in contact with the kid. Teachers, day care workers, bus drivers, school staff, grandparents.

StevenK

10 Year Member
How many people have died of covid in the US?

you don’t simply vaccinate a kid to protect the kid, but to protect everyone in contact with the kid. Teachers, day care workers, bus drivers, school staff, grandparents.
Except at this stage we're just protecting the piece of shit antivaxxers at a potential cost (being ill for a week isn't something to be ignored) to children who are at no risk of dying.

In the last 6 months only 1% of covid deaths in the UK have occurred in the fully vaccinated. These numbers are moving into slipping in the bathtub and drowning levels of risk but all I hear is Ashton Kutcher being told he stinks.

famicommander

15 Year Member
When they started vaccinating most kids for Varicella (aka chickenpox), cases of Adult shingles dropped.
So what you're telling me is that things that reduce the spread of communicable diseases reduce the spread of communicable diseases?

I am shocked, personally.

StevenK

10 Year Member
So what you're telling me is that things that reduce the spread of communicable diseases reduce the spread of communicable diseases?

I am shocked, personally.
Not shocked enough to get your annual flu jab though