The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Hey bud. Chin up. You got a friend of yours right here who got vaccinated.

You wouldn't get into any of wasabi's parties with that useless monkey serum they gave you. I don't even think I'd get in with the J&J shot (no booster).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
You wouldn't get into any of wasabi's parties with that useless monkey serum they gave you. I don't even think I'd get in with the J&J shot (no booster).
To be quite frank, it appears having the vaccine doesn't mean jack shit here, either. It's still heavily promoted but events never talk about being vaccinated or whatever. Sometimes it blows my mind that this country has been closed off as much as North Korea the past year and a half.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Speaking of monkey serum…

I recently learned that in the mid 20th century that whole head transplants with monkeys were conducted with varying degrees of success.

For whatever I can’t stop thinking about this. Particularly how deeply disturbing and simultaneously fascinating it is.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Speaking of monkey serum…

I recently learned that in the mid 20th century that whole head transplants with monkeys were conducted with varying degrees of success.

For whatever I can’t stop thinking about this. Particularly how deeply disturbing and simultaneously fascinating it is.
There's a lot of monkey experiments we don't know about. Over here they were doing genetic splicing or some shit to make them smarter a couple years ago. Cool shit but scary yo.

Is America cool or nah? Can I come home yet?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
lithy, it was a TonK reference. But thanks for the answer, dweebenheimer.

Gotta make a lithy thread one day. lithy's gonna kill us all one day.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
JFC, guys remember Katy Mixon from Eastbound and Down? Man holy fucking shit she has let herself go.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is America cool or nah? Can I come home yet?

Depends on where you go. Covid is out of control in areas that voted high for Trump. But Campbell county seems to have a low infection rate and is a bit of an outlier.

The winter surge is right around the corner and I expect it to go wild everywhere.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Besides for media and government driven panic, everything has been cool for at least six months now if not longer.

There actually twice as many people in the hospital with covid now than there were 6 months ago. As of Last month, there were 3 times as many people hospitalized with covid than there were 6 months ago.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There actually twice as many people in the hospital with covid now than there were 6 months ago. As of Last month, there were 3 times as many people hospitalized with covid than there were 6 months ago.
Honestly where the fuck is the media with this? Would it kill them to ask for consent to document people on intubators?
Whatever. Blah.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Honestly where the fuck is the media with this? Would it kill them to ask for consent to document people on intubators?
Whatever. Blah.
It wouldn’t kill them to ask. The same people have low security passwords on the same social media sites that fucked their heads sideways with misinformation, politically linked “advertisers” targeting them based on data available through the FB API like “neuroticism” or “loneliness.” If the trade off is monetary in any way, these people will pick “YATP” instead.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It wouldn’t kill them to ask. The same people have low security passwords on the same social media sites that fucked their heads sideways with misinformation, politically linked “advertisers” targeting them based on data available through the FB API like “neuroticism” or “loneliness.” If the trade off is monetary in any way, these people will pick “YATP” instead.
I mean the invisibility of this illness is such a huge factor in why people don't give a fuck. Flesh rotting off would be more effective, but this 'no symptoms for two weeks' and fever, difficulty breathing, etc thing makes a lot of people want to take the risk. Honestly pisses me off why the fuck there hasn't been a big hit piece in mainstream media with them in hospitals getting an inside look. It could make a difference. It could have, at least.

You're a cool dude wasabi. Stay golden.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In 2016 I did not understand the misinformation campaign tied to the election. In fact, I wasn’t sure I believed anyone was dumb enough to be tricked believe such things. Surely no one believes everything they read or see on the internet?

The last few years have been very tough and sobering on my understanding of my fellow man. Particularly after January 6.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Well, you also have to consider that almost anyone you actually talk to, the people they know who have had COVID that aren't old or already ill, had a normal flu reaction and recovered from it just fine. Seems the surface amount of able-bodied, relatively healthy people that the average person knows has survived the disease. I think the human experience is seeming to be incongruent with the "OMG YOU'LL DIE" statistics and I can understand why a freedom loving individual would want to take the risk.

These aren't my exact opinions btw. I am pretty indifferent to this whole topic. Don't give a fuck about catching it or spreading it. Not angry at people who are scared of the disease though.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Chinese think the world outside China is basically Mad Max but I wanna say no it ain't but at the same time IDK

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Americans think most of the rest of the world shits outside of toilets.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I would imagine that China's population is more at risk to catching deadly bacterial disease from their own human shit than they ever were from COVID-19

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I mean the invisibility of this illness is such a huge factor in why people don't give a fuck. Flesh rotting off would be more effective, but this 'no symptoms for two weeks' and fever, difficulty breathing, etc thing makes a lot of people want to take the risk. Honestly pisses me off why the fuck there hasn't been a big hit piece in mainstream media with them in hospitals getting an inside look. It could make a difference. It could have, at least.

You're a cool dude wasabi. Stay golden.
There are a lot of videos on YouTube documenting the infection deathcycle.