The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If he gave up hockey, I'd be sad though. It's become a big part of our lives. He's been with the same kids for 4 years, which is great! Baseball was my sport. He had 7 seasons in before he was 7. (Fall ball and spring) Hockey took over and it's pretty much year round now. He has been going to free lacrosse clinics on Friday nights though, and that's way more local. I almost put him on a travel baseball team when covid started, but they had to go to Oregon and Arizona just to play. F-that, Lol

Even harder is women's hockey.

There is one other high school with a women's team. 30 miles away. Then all the other women's teams in the state are in the north country. 3-4 hour drive in the summer. Much worse during a snow storm.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
How? Driving up wages in low paying jobs? I can see that. Keeping people home to slow the spread of covid? I can see that too. What angle were you taking on "people not working because unemployment pays more" being a good thing were you thinking of?
Yes

Reactions: NGT

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Even harder is women's hockey.

There is one other high school with a women's team. 30 miles away. Then all the other women's teams in the state are in the north country. 3-4 hour drive in the summer. Much worse during a snow storm.
Our teams are co-ed, but some teams around here have enough girls for all girls teams. The 2 girls in my son's team are badasses. One is the toughest kids on the team. Both of them have dads that coach.

I love that when my neighbor's kid says girls can't do something, my son knows better. One of my neighbors, an older Argentinean gentleman, said, "women are bad drivers" in front of my son. He shut up really quickly when my son said, "My friend's older sister is a sprint car driver." Lol

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
THat's actually good.

As he is CA I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant “criminals defrauded the government of unemployment funds that could have otherwise went to those deserving.”

Seriously, the level of fraud and negligence on the part of the state government is astounding.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
But Norton believes everyone should just get $20k or $50k or $100k from the government and that would eliminate poverty and have no adverse economic effects or perversion of incentives. So I believe Norton also thinks it's just fine if anyone was on unemployment even if they didn't technically qualify.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
After seeing that guys like Bezos paid nothing in taxes while getting the maximum protection from the law, more protection and benefit than you will ever get, I think it’s fair if the government pays you back. In fact, I’m cool with Justin getting $50k from the government. Just take it from the Israeli Apartheid fund, or our Pakistani terror fund, or whatever. The government has siphoned money from taxpayers for years, and now is your chance to get it back and you’re like “noooo… I didn’t earn it.”

yes you did.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m certainly hoping to get my money back in the form of for another “stimulus” check.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Every middle class American here deserves to get all their money back in taxes for the entirety of their lives.

we are only paying because the IRS has more firepower, not because of the good they do for us.

lithy

20 Year Member
I'm not sure I've paid $50k in nominal federal income tax dollars in my life.

Bezos has done far more with that money than the government ever would. I'm ok with him keeping it.

And the idea that he paid 'no taxes' is laughable.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But Norton believes everyone should just get $20k or $50k or $100k from the government and that would eliminate poverty and have no adverse economic effects or perversion of incentives. So I believe Norton also thinks it's just fine if anyone was on unemployment even if they didn't technically qualify.

It is weird how you just randomly assign ideas to me out of the blue.

lithy

20 Year Member
It is weird how you just randomly assign ideas to me out of the blue.

I'll have to pay the consultatant fee to access the canon, but I'll try to produce some links to posts for supporting evidence. Maybe my memory is bad or I'm full of shit or both.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Oh I forgot, those same two also now Back The Blue.

So yes, the pandemic has been detrimental, frankly, to some.

To Norton’s point: I myself have made more money than ever which is nice but it’s come at the cost of stress and I can definitely tell the employees we have had on during the pandemic have been feeling more stressed. Prior to say late summer 2020 our employee retention had really improved. We’re frankly still in survival mode at work.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Although perhaps it’s more fair to say the pandemic has exacerbated existing situations and merely provided the extra push over the edge, so to speak, to many people to buy in to whatever path they were already headed down.

Whether it was quitting their low paying job, finding their personal Cthulhu, or fully lacing their jackboots.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I thought all that back the blue bullshit was over with. I thought even the republicans had realized during 2020 that the cops were not their friends.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I thought all that back the blue bullshit was over with. I thought even the republicans had realized during 2020 that the cops were not their friends.
Cops are just like any Republican supporters - just present for the hand outs and donations.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I’m sorry to say inform you of this but…they doubled down on the Thin Blue Line.

If they don’t Back The Blue then who will be there to protect them from ANTIFA and BLM?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I’m sorry to say inform you of this but…they doubled down on the Thin Blue Line.

If they don’t Back The Blue then who will be there to protect them from ANTIFA and BLM?
Depends what side of the Mississippi I guess. In the capital district those rednecks wanted to kill the police. Maybe thin blue line only applies to white enabler cops.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Depends what side of the Mississippi I guess. In the capital district those rednecks wanted to kill the police. Maybe thin blue line only applies to white enabler cops.

It seems like it’s the Suburbanites who back the blue.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It seems like it’s the Suburbanites who back the blue.
Around here, I have seen a few thin blue line stickers, and usually they’re on cars with very expensive prep school stickers. Affluenza is the silent killer.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

Actually, they wanted the vice president. The police were just in the way. I'm sure they felt bad about mauling them though.