The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
What data would suggest "the risks of the vaccine outweigh the risks of the virus for some groups of children"?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

CDC recommends everyone ages 5 years and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19.

Why Children and Teens Should Get Vaccinated for COVID-19​

There are approximately 28 million children between the ages of 5 and 11 years old in the United States, and there have been nearly 2 million cases of COVID-19 within this age group during the pandemic. COVID-19 can make children very sick and cause children to be hospitalized. In some situations, the complications from infection can lead to death.
Children are as likely to be infected with COVID-19 as adults and can

• Get very sick from COVID-19
  • Have both short and long-term health complications from COVID-19
  • Spread COVID-19 to others, including at home and school
As of mid-October 2021, children ages 5 through 11 years have experienced more than 8,300 COVID-19 related hospitalizations and nearly 100 deaths from COVID-19. In fact, COVID-19 ranks as one of the top 10 causes of death for children ages 5 through 11 years.

Children who get infected with COVID-19 can also develop serious complications like multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C)—a condition where different body parts become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. Since the pandemic began, more than 2,300 cases of MIS-C have been reported in children ages 5 through 11 years. Children with underlying medical conditions are more at risk for severe illness from COVID-19 compared with children without underlying medical conditions.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Work just posted this, looks like the unvaccinated forced resignations are back on. Medical reasons I understand, religious is more vague. If I wasn't already vaccinated, could I claim a Crom exemption? I'm pretty sure he frowns on that shit.

IMG_20211229_185234.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

CDC recommends everyone ages 5 years and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against COVID-19.

Why Children and Teens Should Get Vaccinated for COVID-19​

There are approximately 28 million children between the ages of 5 and 11 years old in the United States, and there have been nearly 2 million cases of COVID-19 within this age group during the pandemic. COVID-19 can make children very sick and cause children to be hospitalized. In some situations, the complications from infection can lead to death.
Children are as likely to be infected with COVID-19 as adults and can

• Get very sick from COVID-19
  • Have both short and long-term health complications from COVID-19
  • Spread COVID-19 to others, including at home and school
As of mid-October 2021, children ages 5 through 11 years have experienced more than 8,300 COVID-19 related hospitalizations and nearly 100 deaths from COVID-19. In fact, COVID-19 ranks as one of the top 10 causes of death for children ages 5 through 11 years.

Children who get infected with COVID-19 can also develop serious complications like multisystem inflammatory syndrome (MIS-C)—a condition where different body parts become inflamed, including the heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, skin, eyes, or gastrointestinal organs. Since the pandemic began, more than 2,300 cases of MIS-C have been reported in children ages 5 through 11 years. Children with underlying medical conditions are more at risk for severe illness from COVID-19 compared with children without underlying medical conditions.
Your article is so oversimplified as to be absurd.

Relevant info from the JCVI study:

2 dose vaccine benefits in children over 12 per 1 million doses -
2.16 intensive care admissions prevented
93 hospital admissions prevented

2 dose vaccine risks in children over 12 per 1 million doses -
51 cases of myocarditis

Hospitalisation numbers drop dramatically as the age lowers. By age 5 they're going to be significantly lower than the numbers above. Instances of myocarditis seem to have an inverse correlation, as age goes down, incidents go up.

The number of children ending up in hospital can be altered significantly by vaccinating only at risk groups. Cases of death in young children with no serious underlying health risks remain almost unheard of - statistically speaking they tend to zero. Almost all deaths have been in already very unwell kids.

Vaccinate them only and you will alter the hospital admissions numbers massively but not affect the instances of negative outcomes and it will be more worthwhile. Whether it is worthwhile vaccinating the entire population of children is still not clear.

But all of this is missing the point I was trying to make - that people far more intelligent than either of us have tackled these same questions and come out with different answers, which only serves to highlight your arrogance and/or ignorance.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm sorry but pediatric hospitals aren't filling up with kids who have myocarditis from being vaccinated. They are filling up with kids who have Covid (some even have myocarditis).

Most of the pediatric covid patients are unvaccinated. Young children now make up over half of admissions (due to thier unvaccinated status).

That's all the evidence anyone should need to weigh the risks.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Cases of death in young children with no serious underlying health risks remain almost unheard of - statistically speaking they tend to zero.

Once pediatric hospitals are overburned, then more kids will die.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
why are children suddenly dying from covid . for over a year they were apparently officially at little to no risk

oh i know, because selective media output is the fucking weather

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Relevant info from the JCVI study:

2 dose vaccine benefits in children over 12 per 1 million doses -
2.16 intensive care admissions prevented
93 hospital admissions prevented

2 dose vaccine risks in children over 12 per 1 million doses -
51 cases of myocarditis

Those are for children over 12.
They also don't take omicron into the modeling.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hospitalisation numbers drop dramatically as the age lowers. By age 5 they're going to be significantly lower than the numbers above. Instances of myocarditis seem to have an inverse correlation, as age goes down, incidents go up.
Everything I've read states that such cases are most common among older adolescent males.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
All of the data points that unvaccinated children are more likely to develop myocarditis than vaccinated ones.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
why are children suddenly dying from covid . for over a year they were apparently officially at little to no risk
They have always been at risk. It is just now that children are socializing more.

more interactions=More infections=more negative outcomes.

Last edited:

StevenK

10 Year Member

oh i know, because selective media output is the fucking weather
Good news, they're not, it's just norton being a donut

StevenK

10 Year Member
P.s. you're still dodging my original point. That you, a dumpster diving idiot who can barely spell the simplest of words, sitting on a video game forum telling world class disease experts that their point of view is stupid, is embarrassing.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm telling you what the disease experts in the US are saying. Get your kids vaccinated.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I know, I stated that.

They also don't take into account omicrons lower severity.

Omicron led to increases in pediatric hospitalizations on South Africa.
Omicron's "Lower severity" (particularly among uninoculated individuals) is not objectively confirmed.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm telling you other opinions and why they're not stupid.
I'm telling you that they are stupid.

Just look at the data. Pediatric hospitals are filling up with covid cases, not vaccine cases.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Omicron led to increases in pediatric hospitalizations on South Africa.
Omicron's "Lower severity" (particularly among uninoculated individuals) is not objectively confirmed.
You expect it to not be objectively confirmed?

StevenK

10 Year Member
I'm telling you that they are stupid.

Just look at the data. Pediatric hospitals are filling up with covid cases, not vaccine cases.
Firstly pediatric hospitals are not filling up full stop. Having more people than they had before does not equate to 'filling up'.

Secondly listen to yourself, the fucking arrogance.