The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Given everything you've posted the last year or so, this makes you either a hypocrite or a psychopath.

wrong-drumpf.gif

It just makes me someone who takes this pandemic very seriously.
I have never written that people should not send thier kids to school.
If you want to point out a post that makes me a hypocrite or a psychopath, please let me know..

You are just an autist that takes every post to the nth degree without considering any nuance.
Sending my kids to school doesn't make me any more of a hypocrite than my owning every David Lee Roth Album and EP from the 70's and 80's (including the long out of print Spanish Language version of "Eat em and Smile").

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

lol, "Yes they can get it." No rates, no data, no evidence. Super helpful.

Also, masks apparently work to reduce transmission in schools. This is stunning since there is only one study I have seen purporting such a claim, but it has been pretty poorly received by everyone but the CDC.

Just a grandstanding representative doctor (trying to suppress a smile for some reason) bringing the witness doctor (using her best overly concerned face) before the body to give testimony she already agree with.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I will take the word of the American Academy of Pediatrics and Dr. Beers as to whether or not "the threat of covid to kids is real".

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Also, masks apparently work to reduce transmission in schools. This is stunning since there is only one study I have seen purporting such a claim, but it has been pretty poorly received by everyone but the CDC.
That is another issue.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is always going to be difficult to ascertain the relative effectiveness of universal masking because of sample bias.

All I know is that there were zero cases of community spread in my daughter's school last year.

lithy

20 Year Member
All I know is that there were zero cases of community spread in my daughter's school last year.

But the idea that children are not significant vectors for infection spread isn't a possibility you're willing to consider right?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But the idea that children are not significant vectors for infection spread

I'm going to disagree with that. Children are amazing vectors.

I got RSV from my daughter. I got Hands Foot and Mouth from my daughter.

Sans mitigation, there is no reason why kids wouldn't be great little vectors for covid.

I submit to you that the reason why there was little to no community spread in my daughter's school last year were the mitigation factors enacted. One of which is universal masking.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Hey Norton. I’m about to knock you off the bottom of the cool wall for reactions on the site despite having about 90% less posts than you.

That is all.

Reactions: wyo

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hey Norton. I’m about to knock you off the bottom of the cool wall for reactions on the site despite having about 90% less posts than you.

That is all.
I'm not sure what the hell that means.

Is it a good or bad thing?
For whom?

lithy

20 Year Member
I'm going to disagree with that. Children are amazing vectors.

I got RSV from my daughter. I got Hands Foot and Mouth from my daughter.

Sans mitigation, there is no reason why kids wouldn't be great little vectors for covid.

I submit to you that the reason why there was little to no community spread in my daughter's school last year were the mitigation factors enacted. One of which is universal masking.

I submit to you that nothing other than your intuition is guiding you, yet you throw things out as if they are based in fact, backed by data, supported by experts. You have your feelings, you have no other evidence in support of this position. Much like earlier in the thread, when I asked someone (fake?) for proof that capacity limits did anything at all to mitigate community spread.

I'm not necessarily suggesting they are or aren't. I'm suggesting you aren't even open to the possibility that kids are not significant vectors. Kids generally experience mild or no symptoms and we know that mild or no symptoms means generally less viral load and we know that less viral load leads to reduced instances of infection spread.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I submit to you that nothing other than your intuition is guiding you, yet you throw things out as if they are based in fact, backed by data, supported by experts. You have your feelings, you have no other evidence in support of this position.

I'm not necessarily suggesting they are or aren't. I'm suggesting you aren't even open to the possibility that kids are not significant vectors. Kids generally experience mild or no symptoms and we know that mild or no symptoms means generally less viral load and we know that less viral load leads to reduced instances of infection spread.

There is data on transmission mitigation via universal masking.

But it is always going to be colored by selection bias.

Kids might be less transmissible than adults. But this is a highly contagious virus.

This study is not valid to the discussion.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Sounds like millennial bullshit.
Pfft like you don’t care. Your an awful liar and not fooling anyone.

First I’m going to wrap my fists around your Cock-sword. Ancient Forum Doctrine dicktates that when you lose your space at the round table you lost all Knightly privileges.

tumblr_p91py8Kyrz1rwjpnyo1_540.jpg

Then I’m going jump on and ride your Moany Pony.

1ae4b424298b2f7652fada3a2c3c346a--shetland-ponies-men-in-kilts.jpg

And finally I’ll play the Faggalot National Anthem to all my new adoring serfs with the other Knights of Faggalot.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can’t wait!!!

Reactions: wyo

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I really don't care about ratings and all that crap. It's millennial bullshit.