The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

Teela

Quiz Detective
People still test for COVID? My mom died of it and they wouldn’t test her because she had the vaggcine. Simps.

She would be upset if she were still around to see how crazy the prices of American AES units are too. Crazy world.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Weekly and as-needed (i.e., you develop symptoms at work) rapid testing is mandatory at my job. It's considered an unexcused absence if you don't get it done. If that wasn't the case, I probably wouldn't do it, as I'm vaccinated & boosted.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
People still test for COVID? My mom died of it and they wouldn’t test her because she had the vaggcine. Simps.

She would be upset if she were still around to see how crazy the prices of American AES units are too. Crazy world.
Sorry about your mom. How are you holding up.

Teela

Quiz Detective
Sorry about your mom. How are you holding up.
She passed back in November so I’m moving on and doing good. She had other issues that made COVID deadly for her, but I still miss her.

After my parents got the vaggcine and still both got wrecked by COVID, and our family friend died after his vaccine - I decided to forgo the shot. I ended up getting COVID and I was totally fine. This is just a mean sickness that takes people out either way. Now they show natural immunity is superior anyway so I feel pretty good.

I just wish my smell would go back to normal. I could then smell my system smoking as I devastate Geese Howard.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
She passed back in November so I’m moving on and doing good. She had other issues that made COVID deadly for her, but I still miss her.

After my parents got the vaggcine and still both got wrecked by COVID, and our family friend died after his vaccine - I decided to forgo the shot. I ended up getting COVID and I was totally fine. This is just a mean sickness that takes people out either way. Now they show natural immunity is superior anyway so I feel pretty good.

I just wish my smell would go back to normal. I could then smell my system smoking as I devastate Geese Howard.
Sorry about your mom.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

What do you smell of?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Yes the good news is that they (or at least those that have survived) are now resistant to the virus.

this is kind of dumb because you make it seem like the majority or a large percentage of people die from it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
IMG_20220212_101855.jpg
police checkpoint entering Beijing city limits. have to provide covid test results that were taken within 48 hours.

Chinese New Year with the in laws for 17 days. First time leaving Beijing since epidemic began, almost. With winter Olympics, there is an uneasiness in the air.

Gotta get a covid test before leaving BJ.

Gotta get a covid test before leaving whatever city you visited before going back to BJ.

Gotta get a covid test within 72 hours of entering BJ, or the health kit tracking app will show businesses that you need a test.

And work told me I need a covid test before going to work.

Whoo whee. On the upside, it's a snow day and I'm going to the Bird's Nest.

Last edited:

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
View attachment 55791
police checkpoint entering Beijing city limits. have to provide covid test results that were taken within 48 hours.

Chinese New Year with the in laws for 17 days. First time leaving Beijing since epidemic began, almost. With winter Olympics, there is an uneasiness in the air.

Gotta get a covid test before leaving BJ.

Gotta get a covid test before leaving whatever city you visited before going back to BJ.

Gotta get a covid test within 72 hours of entering BJ, or the health kit tracking app will show businesses that you need a test.

And work told me I need a covid test before going to work.

Whoo whee. On the upside, it's a snow day and I'm going to the Bird's Nest.
If you test positive before coming into the city, do they still let you into the city if its where you live? Or do you have to go quarantine somewhere else?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If you test positive before coming into the city, do they still let you into the city if its where you live? Or do you have to go quarantine somewhere else?
Great question. Anyone with covid is immediately taken to quarantine or a hospital. Anyone who had contact with that person is also locked down. If the person is in their apartment, the entire complex is locked down, with tens of thousands of other people who never even saw the person.

Locked down means LOCKED DOWN here.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Door welding only happens if people get upset or don't comply. But it does happen.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Like you said, CCP don’t fuck around.

I genuinely Hope you have a good time on the visit and you and the fam remain Covid free.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Is it just an urban myth that the chinese welded all of the beijing sewer covers shut for a couple of months until the people who lived down there were dead in the run up to the 2008 olympics?

If it's made up, why hasn't there been a cool mutant film made about it?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Yikes, China is pretty hardcore about that Covid testing, and I thought my workplace was strict!

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
They are also pretty hardcore on concentration camps, slave labor, organ harvesting and genocide. This was the news in 2019 right before covid and it disappeared so fast. You know because Trumps comments on the daily news were more important. That and covid soaked up every minute of every day.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yep, a mass panic.

The 5 hour ambulance waits, the overun hospitals and the mass graves is panic enough.

Last edited: