The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
So, my supervisor came to work sick yesterday, super hoarse voice, coughing, etc. She shouldn't have even been there. Then, she pulls out a tin of mints, and offers some to everyone, I refuse, but, all of my foolish coworkers help themselves, grabbing candy that she's stuck her fingers into, after coughing into her hand and having them in her mouth to deposit said mints.

Another guy has Covid and, when asked, I even agreed to cover his shift tomorrow, on my day off, so he can recover, but, last night, said supervisor tells me that he's coming in today anyway and asks me if I want to give him back his Friday shift too.

And people wonder why I continue to wear a mask at work...🙄

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
That guy is probably banging the Supervisor

• Eggplant
Reactions: @M

@M

20 Year Member
Talking to my former (and now current again) coworker this evening (she's hedging her bets, working a second job, since things are bad, and getting worse, at my old workplace), and learned that they just had another terrible Covid outbreak at the nursing home, 15 residents and several employees, including 4 nurses. They had to close down both wings and everybody has to wear N95s now (yet, they're still allowing visitors in and letting family/friends take the residents on outings in public, which kind of defeats the purpose of infection control). Working/staffing conditions have deteriorated even more since I quit, back in May (my replacement is a woman who allegedly comes to work drunk everyday 🤣). While I sympathize with those that caught Covid, I'm also glad that I missed the current disaster there (a few weeks back, I actually started to fill out the paperwork, for another job at the home, in a different department, but, then came to my senses and didn't finish or submit it).

An old man was giving me shit, at my current job, because I wear a mask and 95% of my coworkers do not. He asked me, "Didn't you know, Covid is over with?" Sorry, Pops, no, it's not, nor is it ever going to end.

@M

20 Year Member

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
That was a bit of a boring story

@M

20 Year Member
Yeah, but, the Chinese officials repeatedly sabotaging their efforts to question people about the Covid situation was interesting.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It finally got me the Thursday before last. (Positive test January 12). (Pfizer shots, one Pfizer booster, one Moderna bivalent at the end of last October.)

Almost asymptomatic aside from a sore throat. Took antivirals and was back at work on the 17th. I might have some longer tern symptoms (brain fog, more easily fatigued/winded than before) but maybe that's just 40.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Shithole country. Would be a dream for all American companies to GTFO of there.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It finally got me the Thursday before last. (Positive test January 12). (Pfizer shots, one Pfizer booster, one Moderna bivalent at the end of last October.)

Almost asymptomatic aside from a sore throat. Took antivirals and was back at work on the 17th. I might have some longer tern symptoms (brain fog, more easily fatigued/winded than before) but maybe that's just 40.

I think it you're still taking tests for 19 in 23, the brain fog might have already kicked in before your illness.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I think it you're still taking tests for 19 in 23, the brain fog might have already kicked in before your illness.
Maybe a bit harsh. I reckon if I'd never knowingly had it by this point I might be interested to see if my cold was what all the fuss was about.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I think it you're still taking tests for 19 in 23, the brain fog might have already kicked in before your illness

I haven’t been sick until now, and my wife had it at the time. I used it for the e-visit to get my antiviral RX.

What, I’m not supposed get the free USPS tests they already taxed me for? I’m not supposed to claw that value back? I’m surprised at you man.

It took long enough, since I’ve been in classrooms for a couple of years at this point. I was starting to believe the jokes about Pancho’s buffet conferring immunity.