The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
So, back at work today, the consensus was that we're probably going to have to continue wearing masks at the nursing home after Tuesday anyway. Blah.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
There are children who had "mild cases" of Covid with CNS issues, heart inflammation or lung scaring.

I do not want my kinds to get Covid.

Hopefully, the caseloads can continue to plummet and kids can do away with masks and avoid vaccination.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So, back at work today, the consensus was that we're probably going to have to continue wearing masks at the nursing home after Tuesday anyway. Blah.

You should expect to wear masks from October to May every year.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nursing home staff should be wearing masks period. Even if not for covid, to reduce the transmission of the the common cold. The residents deserve that much hygiene.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Fooks are supposed to stay home from work when they're sick at my job anyway and my employer is VERY generous with sick days.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Food industry & medical fields should continue to wear mask.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I’m still wearing a mask wherever I go.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
So you don't believe in the efficacy of the available vaccines?

As I wrote before, kids (like mine) can't currently be vaccinated.

As I wrote before, I hope the efficacy of vaccines on the general population reduces the numbers enough to make masks obsolete. This of course requires not only vaccines to work as they should, but enough people to get them (as they should).

My concern is not with the efficacy of the vaccines, my concern is with efficacy of anti-maskers to self identify as vaccinated.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Nursing home staff should be wearing masks period. Even if not for covid, to reduce the transmission of the the common cold. The residents deserve that much hygiene.

ONe of the benefits of the Pandemic is that it has left a blueprint for reducing influenza.

The measures taken have changed the assumption that Influenza and other common respiratory viruses are inevitable.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
ONe of the benefits of the Pandemic is that it has left a blueprint for reducing influenza.

The measures taken have changed the assumption that Influenza and other common respiratory viruses are inevitable.
But what about the SaaS model for winter health?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
There’s too many pages to flag down where you’re replying to yourself.

Is what safe?

I doubt people would even agree on a metric for what “safe” means.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
In CA schools reopen full time for the 2021-2022 school year. Everyone at school in masks. Earliest they’ll look at the mask issue again is, IIRC, November.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
In CA schools reopen full time for the 2021-2022 school year. Everyone at school in masks. Earliest they’ll look at the mask issue again is, IIRC, November.

For the best. Keep people in masks. Social distance. Build more schools. Hire more teachers and staff. Hire more bus drivers. Create an environment where kids can walk to school instead of being bussed an hour away in order to promote racial diversity. The economic effect would be incredible.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Sometimes I read older posts in this thread and it is a wonder what we did not know and how we managed over the past 17 months. Going back to a sense of normalcy now seems less likely than what was only a month ago considered a success.

We aren't mandates to wear masks at work now, however only about 60% of the staff is vaccinated. That being said, before last week not a single person wore a mask, and my commander and his aide both contracted the delta variant. Both are vaccinated, and it hit them pretty hard. Now I hear people coming to work and coughing those loud wet coughs and absolutely not covering their mouths, it makes me genuinely uncomfortable.

Normalcy seems less like back to how things were and more to how we envision life amongst covid going forward.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
There’s too many pages to flag down where you’re replying to yourself.

Is what safe?

I doubt people would even agree on a metric for what “safe” means.

Just wondering when it will be safe. I only trust the experts.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I’ve started occasionally going into work now, but will be going 3 to 5 days starting September.

I’ve been driving in now instead of taking the commuter rail. I have to walk through a mall to get to my office so I still wear a mask as I go through it.

In the office so far I’ve only been engaging with a small group and when we meet we usually do it in large conference rooms where we can socially distance...but as more people start coming in and less people are WFH I start wearing masks to meetings and around the office.

I know i’ll be in the minority’s but idgaf.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Someone wants me to fly to Minnesota, don'tcha know, for a shoot in the next few weeks. Not feeling so great about it, but the only alternative is to hire a local producer.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Had company wide meeting today.

Offically back to the office on 9/1.
- Most employees will be required to be in the office at least 3 days a week.
- Some will be expected 5 days.
- Only exception is IT.

Employees will need to provide proof of vaccination or will be required to wear a mask.
- N95s will be provided to all who want.

Company outing scheduled for mid September (approximately 300 employees).
- As a reminder drink tickets should not be shared with interns under the age of 21 (:eye::eye:)
- Change of clothes will be provided for those associates whom the Risk Oversight Committee has identified as persons of interest (:eye::eye:)
- No cans will be onsite (:eye::eye:)